Thread: China in trouble?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default China in trouble?

I am a layman and won't pretend to understand this, all I know is where to get the best roasted duck (it's really good), but isn't this kinda spectacular, or at least unusual. https://mobile.twitter.com/Schuldens...873600/photo/1 That is quite the nosedive

Thoughts from people who know what they are talking about? I know about the real-estate bubble but nothing seems to have changed there

Default Re: China in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    I am a layman and won't pretend to understand this, all I know is where to get the best roasted duck (it's really good), but isn't this kinda spectacular, or at least unusual. https://mobile.twitter.com/Schuldens...873600/photo/1 That is quite the nosedive

Thoughts from people who know what they are talking about? I know about the real-estate bubble but nothing seems to have changed there
    If I were you I would be more careful - I have been chastized/severely reprimanded for quoting social media. Or do you have a carte blanche from Brenus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

"I have been chastized/severely reprimanded for quoting social media" And rightly so. I remember doing it when you used it as proof not as start for debate or information. Now, if you go at 5:30 on BBC, on the news, you will see the drop of the Chinese's Market. Now, if China going down, well, perhaps. And who will be in front of the firing squad if it does? The Foreigner admirers living in Hong Kong of the Communist dictatorship, or the members of the Politburo?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    If I were you I would be more careful - I have been chastized/severely reprimanded for quoting social media. Or do you have a carte blanche from Brenus?
    It's just someone who links the graph, shouldn't be a problem. There are no carte blanches on the org by the way, you seem to think some members are privileged
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-08-2015 at 04:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenus View Post
    "I have been chastized/severely reprimanded for quoting social media" And rightly so. I remember doing it when you used it as proof not as start for debate or information.
    I saw you do the same thing, yet no one batted a lid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    There are no carte blanches on the org by the way, you seem to think some members are privileged
    I don't think, I compare the attitudes. (Some) old timers get away with things (some) new comers are swooped at.

"I saw you do the same thing," Really? When?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    I don't think, I compare the attitudes. (Some) old timers get away with things (some) new comers are swooped at.
    Not my impression. As Brenus said, you shouldn't social media as a source. In my post there was just a graph that was directed from elsewhere. You aren't treated unfairly. If I cross any lines the mods will give me infraction-points, if I say something stupid I will be rediculed by fellow members, if I say something I can't back up I am dismissed. Goes for everybody. Also for me and Kadahar, I am this specfic because I remember you using us as an example of the supposed privilige.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-08-2015 at 10:10.

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

On topic: It really seems like trouble, the officials are panicking and pouring a lot of money into the market to stabilize. At first I thought it was only due to some big scale profit-taking, but it looks like it's more serious. I'm interested in the reasons. It's unlikely that the chinese market collapses due to the greek trouble, so it must be something else.
    Anyone got info in laymans terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenus View Post
    "I saw you do the same thing," Really? When?
    Check out the second Ukraine thread (the notorious buyer-link).
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 07-08-2015 at 12:06.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33438416

I think what's happening is China's economy has outstripped everyone else's, and you can go so far selling materials to the stagnant West. Now the bubble has popped.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33438416

I think what's happening is China's economy has outstripped everyone else's, and you can go so far selling materials to the stagnant West. Now the bubble has popped.
    Aka the Japanese bubble?

"Check out the second Ukraine thread" Nope, you check and come back with evidences. Your claim, you have to back it up. Because no one can prove a non-existence, you have to prove the existence. So I can't prove I didn't use social media as base to prove something. I am cautious, but I am quite sure I even post youtube things, except songs... It took me ages to understand how to do it, so...

"you can go so far selling materials to the stagnant West. Now the bubble has popped." Well, you can't sell things when people have no money. As one said, about the Sunday shops opening: "no one will spend the Sunday the money they don't have the Friday". In exporting industries in China, so in making westerners poor, they killed their customers...

Why does the world seem adamant on having the entire economy close to collapsing throughout my youth?

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Why does the world seem adamant on having the entire economy close to collapsing throughout my youth?
    Nothing to do with your youth, it's been like that before and before. Stability isn't a characteristic of the economy within it's current systemic setup (aka capitalism). In other words: a market-driven economy is inherently fragile.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Too true. Capitalists love to talk about getting rid of fat in companies, having a lean system and minimal inventory.

Fat is part of your hormone system and helps one survive a famine.

Any businesses over leveraged at the moment are going to feel a crunch... Mind you the epically large ones will expect a taxpayer bailout and bonuses too...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I of the Storm View Post
    Nothing to do with your youth, it's been like that before and before. Stability isn't a characteristic of the economy within it's current systemic setup (aka capitalism). In other words: a market-driven economy is inherently fragile.
    It has become increasingly unstable (aka more market crashes) since the 1980-ties. A new global crash between 2018-2022 is to be expected.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED