Thread: Half-Life 3 Release Date Announced!

Default Half-Life 3 Release Date Announced!

Finally!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Member thankful for this post:

Beskar 

Default Re: Half-Life 3 Release Date Announced!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

How could you. I don't care anyway really Half-Life 2 bored me. Except these tripods they are terrifying

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

haha, no one tricked by this, valve hasn't done actual game development since the 2007 orange box release

far as anyone knows they are no longer a development house of games, they're now just an electronic disti

*cough* Portal 2 *cough*

I am sure they are working on something but they are like Nintendo, they take their time and won't release anything untill they feel they got everything right.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-16-2015 at 07:56.

making the same game a 2nd time doesn't count in my book, so i'm sticking with the theory they no longer make their own IP, and since 2007 i've got way more examples backing up my assumption then you do for yours

oh, and man is it dead around here...

There are so many exciting new technologies on the horizon now that they are working on. Once things settle down a bit, we might see them push out a HL3. Imagine a Half-Life 3 exclusively on Linux (ie Steam box) for the first 4 months, then released on Windows, using VR, and with built in Steam Controller support on the Source 2 engine. It could potentially really help with their hardware sales.
    They may find it a worthy investment once they work out the bugs in their new technologies.

I'd like nothing better than Valve to commit all of their talent and resources to making Linux a truly viable gaming O/S, nothing in the world would give me greater pleasure than uninstalling Microsoft once and for all. That dream though has been going on for a decade or more and never seems to be anything more than something vaguely popping up no the horizon like a mirage that never materializes. Pity really, MS are such jackals when it comes to PC game support.

That steam-controller looks really intriguing, the precision of a mouse combined with the precision of a left analogue stick. Hardcore pc-gamers tend to ignore the fact that an analogue stick is much more precise than a keyboard and keep yapping about a mouse, this controller could be truly brilliant.

Beskar 

Yeah, I'll admit I don't give consoles even a 2nd thought as a mode of playing a game and honestly regret they even exist, to me they are just a development distraction pulling resources away from PC game development, so you and I aren't likely to agree about anything on that topic.

Vuk