Thread: Has anyone succesfully bribed a rebel army?

Default Has anyone succesfully bribed a rebel army?

How do i bribe a rebel army or a Faction army? Is it much harder on EBII than vanilla version?

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Has anyone succesfully bribed a rebel army?

I suspect that even if you did, they'd disappear rather than switch to your faction.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post:

Not sure in m2tw vanilla i bribed el cid when playing as spanish and he joine dmy army i think but it has happened theyve dissapeared
    Last edited by Lizardo; 07-24-2015 at 13:59.

Hi buddy, I think that, if you are successfully able to bribe an enemy army, you can only keep the troops if they have the same culture/regional kind/race or whatever that your faction. For example:
    In M2TW, if you as Spain bribed some rebel army, you can only keep the units that are present on your units recruitment tree.

My english is horrible, but I think you can understand me.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Has anyone succesfully bribed a rebel army?

Quote Originally Posted by Saigrin View Post
    In M2TW, if you as Spain bribed some rebel army, you can only keep the units that are present on your units recruitment tree.
    Yes, that's it. If you bribe an army, you will only keep the units that your faction has access to. The rest will disband on the spot.

To be precise: you will retain the units that are listed in the unit file as being associated with your faction. Whether you can actually recruit these units anywhere is not important. For example: in EB1 Carthage had access to Spartan hoplites (so that their mercenary general Xanthippos would have a Spartan bodyguard). However, they didn't have recruitment options for them, so the only way for Carthage to get more Spartans was by bribing them.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

From my experience, you need a big treasury for the army you're bribing to even consider the offer. In general, single units are much easier to bribe than full stack faction armies.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I went to the danger zone.