Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New HS

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default Re: New HS

I had to travel once again guys, I'll get this tomorrow.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

No problem
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Steward Denethor has reclaimed Cairn Andros from the brigands which had occupied it. The river fortress is once again safe. He and his party also ranged further west and encountered a rag-tag orcish force. None lived to retreat back to the Black Gates.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Further south, it appears that while our small fleet proved too weak to be sent into hostile waters and has been scuttled by the Haradrim navy, our land forces severely outmatch the enemy. The rebel island settlement of Goben Tolfalas has been returned to the rule of Minas Tirith, and our third army has surprised the shah of Barad Harn and taken the city by valiant storm.

A large orcish force has been spotted south-west of Osgiliath, and we prepare to defend the city with all the might of our northern armies. The way to Minas Tirith shall be kept secure!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

While our diplomats seek other free people of Middle Earth, such as the Dwarves, Elves of Lothlorien and the men of the Dale, to convince them to join our war and possibly provide us with gold, weapons, food, iron, leather and cloth. As our armies gather, gold seems to be the most scarce resource available to Steward Denethor.

Rohan up @Nightbringer
    Last edited by Myth; 10-29-2015 at 22:41.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Meanwhile, the armies of Rohan muster near the walls of the traitorous Wizard Saruman, biding their time for the moment in the hopes that he might expose himself.

Elves up @Visorslash
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10706
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

@Nightbringer

you uploaded your save i think lol

sorry, here it is @Visorslash
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10707

If I'm a bit slow on my turns, I'm sorry guys. I'm going through some rough shit in life right now.

@Myth?

Sorry guys, busy times were in for me. Will do it tonight.

A rather uneventful season has passed, but Gondor's northern armies are now concentrated in East Osgiliath and prepare to dispatch any armies of Mordor within the vicinity.

The march to the capital of Haard continues, and Steward Denethor's primary focus within the kingdom has been the improvement of the king's roads from Minas Tirith to the major settlements along the coast.

Rohan up @Nightbringer

If memory serves, Mordor can suddenly spew out two or three full stacks, so I'm camping In Osgiliath, since capturing tier 1 settlements will hardly impact my economy and I can't really keep them now as my second army is pushing into Haard. @Visorslash did you wait for your upgraded units to be available? Or you just recruited stuff en-masse? Also, I think I definitely need to upgrade roads and mines to support my kingdom financially, and that requries a pause on investmetns for the time being.

I've been trying to focus my money on roads for the most part, while gathering all my troops to try to snipe Isengard without spawning the garrison.

I just recruited a bit and moved out with my stuff. Trying to take Ost Edhil, moving south with my western forces, gonna take a town this turn.
    @Nightbringer

Sorry, will get the turn done soon, have been pretty distracted.

TA-7-Gondor.rar

@Myth

Gondor up.

The High Elves take a small town and push onward to Argond and Ost in Edhil.

A medium sized Haradrim army and a small band of orcs have been butchered this season. The construction of a new merchant harbour in Pelargir promises an increase in trade along the river.

Rohan up @Nightbringer

Isengard has fallen! The traitor Saruman fell in the fighting, (strangely, fighting alone against several hundred men while only attempting to batter us with his staff. Perhaps it was only a decoy.) hopefully never to be heard from again.

The men of the mark now ride east to subdue the evil men he had bound to his cause. We hope to soon join our borders with those of Rivendell.

Elves up @Visorslash
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10711

@Myth

Ost in Edhil has fallen. The Elves continue to march towards Argond, and the west coast.

TA-8-Gondor.rar

Wow, that was fast! @Nightbringer can you explain how you took Isengard without the garrison script triggering? Waiting for an army to spawn by it and attacking that? I want to try and take Minas Morgul that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Wow, that was fast! @Nightbringer can you explain how you took Isengard without the garrison script triggering? Waiting for an army to spawn by it and attacking that? I want to try and take Minas Morgul that way.
    Yeah, thats how you would do it. Wait for an army next to Isengard to spawn, fight it on the map, kill all people.

Its similar what I did to take Ost in Edhil this turn, sent one unit of swords to siege, beat army out on the field but didn't kill em all, they retreated next to the town, lift siege, killed everyone on map, settlement is empty.

That method does work, but I got tired of waiting so I just besieged it and killed the garrison script.

I had 10 general's bodyguard units in the army...

Don't they get like a bajillion pike units? Mordor garrison scripts spawn trolls >.>

As I found whilst doing my Gondor campaign, enough cavalry just dominates any sort of Mordor army. I often had at least 8 units in a full stack of cavalry.

Archers can perform a similar purpose for Eriador/Elves.

But cavalry on those unique settlement assaults doesn't sound so hot. If I can bait them out in the open - sure. Elven archers are just OP in general.

Isengard is a massive open field inside the walls, so I could easily maneuver my cavalry. And it only actually spawned one unit of pikes, most of it was just sword and board infantry.

More orcs and haradrim men have been defeated. The orcs were butchered, but the men of Haard have been released in exchange for a ransom.

Rohan up
    @Nightbringer

@Myth

troops moved, argond under siege.TA-9-Gondor.rar

A 2000 strong orcish army has been butchered near Minas Morgul. Another army of the Kingdom of Gondor is headed for the capitol of Haard, but is edging along the coast, dreading to cross the unforgiving desert.
    @Nightbringer Rohan up

Also merry Christmas guys!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast