Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New HS

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default New HS

Anyone feel like playing a HS?
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Default Re: New HS

I could play a casual game I think.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I could do a game. Good to see you back.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Who is even still around, phonicsmonkey, Zim, Silver (iirc), Loose cannon?

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

hey guys, good to see you here!

I won't be playing anymore HS but I hope you get one off the ground for old times' sake...
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Long time no see Phonics. :)

Member thankful for this post:

I moved to NYC y'know

how're you guys?

Doing alright. I moved down to Brisbane, but I think I told you that a while back.

Why'd you move over to NYC? It'd be a real change from Aus. Certainly was when I visited.

My work took me there...figured it would be fun to live and work there for a few years before we return to Melbourne later...we kept our house so we can go back whenever...

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Finished grad school, working, life is good. Glad to hear from you
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

What do you do NB?

Well, I got a master's in teaching, but I work as a volunteer supervisor on a crisis/suicide hotline currently.

Heavy

Glad to see you back phonics. Guys, you up for a friendly co-op campaign of third age total war 3.2? Heavy on the RPing? Sure, we'll win in the end, but it will be light and fun.

I reinstalled that mod the other day, had a blast with it. 90 turn Gondor victory.

I'm down.

What factions would you guys want to play?
    Last edited by Visor; 09-28-2015 at 01:31.

Man you rushed them hard. Didn't you get rekt by the script spawned armies of hell? I'm taking my Gondor campaing slowly, I want to explore the lategame units and build up megacities of humanity.

I've awlays gone with the High Elves untill now, but the wood elves, gondor and Rohan are all equally strong in a human's hands. Imba archers or cav stomping the AI's face...

I have not tried the Dwarves or Dale and I think they would be a challenge, but I think we definitely need a human lead Gondor and either High or Wood elves so that we take care of Saruman quickly.

I'm down for going with the less popular choices though, so I'll wait on the others for now. I'll advertise this on the other forums too.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Man you rushed them hard. Didn't you get rekt by the script spawned armies of hell? I'm taking my Gondor campaing slowly, I want to explore the lategame units and build up megacities of humanity.

I've awlays gone with the High Elves untill now, but the wood elves, gondor and Rohan are all equally strong in a human's hands. Imba archers or cav stomping the AI's face...

I have not tried the Dwarves or Dale and I think they would be a challenge, but I think we definitely need a human lead Gondor and either High or Wood elves so that we take care of Saruman quickly.

I'm down for going with the less popular choices though, so I'll wait on the others for now. I'll advertise this on the other forums too.
    I took Minas Ithil by dodging the garrison script, cavalry, especially General's Bodyguard are very important against Mordor - without them you'll lose. Basically won all my fights through cavalry and sometimes archers as well. Killing the witch kings army was a huge struggle, I had about 2.25/2.5 armies to take him down and still lost a lot of men. The Barad Dur garrison sucked but I got through it eventually. Harad was annoying but I stole a lot of their territories through aggressive raiding and pressure and they couldn't take them back, then I navally invaded them - stole Umbal without fighting the garrison script but fought the one in Amon Gobel - fuck mumakils (also took their last settlement before the extra spawned army could take one back). Basically really aggressive recruiting and pushing eventually led me to bust through, and fight back even though Rhun won an invasion on Barad Dur. Once I crushed Harad my fronts were basically secure and I mopped up the Black Gate and rest of Mordor - then into Mirkwood. Basically enough generals in an army and you can crush wave after wave of Orc.

Dale is one of my favourite factions, currently doing a campaign on the Massive Overhaul Submod which has been really fun. Absolutely crushed Rhun and now I'm being invaded by Mordor.

I'd prefer not to play Gondor because I just did a large campaign of them, though they are one of my favourite factions.

I would prefer not to do Gondor as well since that's what I've spent most of my time with already. I'd be into give Rohan a try though.

Then I must beard the brunt of the onslaught while my loyal allies make ready. Osgiliath will be restored!

Actually make that the high elves. I've not played them much.
    Last edited by Visor; 09-30-2015 at 15:03.

OK guys, will set it up tonight, but I must travel on the weekend FYI.

Sounds good!

So,

Myth: Gondor
    Nightbringer: Rohan
    Visor: High Elves

Yep.

Rohan turn 1 is up. @Nightbringer

Sorry for the delay, I had an urgent trip i needed to take. It's my birthday today btw.

Roleplaying I'll put in tomorrow.

Happy birthday Myth, have a good one.

Member thankful for this post:

Myth 

Will get it done later today, and happy birthday!
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 10-07-2015 at 00:36.

Getting a crash every time I load the save. Going to try a reinstall.

You guys are running 3.2 yeah?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast