Thread: your largest invasion

tell me about your largest inasion

ill go first:
    i was england and i had conquered most of north africa and france. i sent a (huge ) force on my borders to HRE and italy. it was about 15000men in all. then i let the inasion begin, i qonquered eight provinces on the first year and then later i had qonquered all of HRE and italy.

try and beat that

I AM A MIGHTY TRADER AND WARRIOR!!

I doubt my invasion was 15k men worth; but playing Italians, I conquered the entire Iberian peninsula in a massive sea invasion. Spanish didn't know what hit them.

Ive got both of u beat i was english and i had a quarter of europe when i was told that there was only 20 turns left
    so i had thousands of florins put into hiring mercs and building armies in only 13 yrs i had taken the HRE, danes, russians, byzantines, and alhomads, with only the golden hoard left in all i had about 20000 men and several dozen ships/fleets in order to ensure rapid deployment

British Army: be the best

My largest invasion (also with the English&#33 cam about when the Almohavids and I both had about half of Wetern Europe each, I the north he the south, and we were allied. i however had huge profits through trade (I had a ship in every sea province) so i set about building an enormous army with all of my provinces creating units. After about 10 years of no wars on my account (I wanted all of my troops to stay alive while he lost men)i had about 20k men in several provinces. Since I had total sea dominance, I moved all of my troops into morroco spliting his empire in two. From there i spread out taking each half simaltaneously. i beat him within 6 years utterly.
    that wa also my favourite invasion of all time
    'Odi et ammo, excrucior' - I love and I hate, it hurts.

'Excretus est ex altitudine' - Shat upon from a great hight.

My invasion story doesn't compare in troop size, but might trump you all for satisfaction. The pope had excommunicated me (as he is wont to do, I'm the HRE) so the French decide its time to take hunks out of my empire. This was only a few (10-15) turns into a new campaign. After repulsing French attack after attack, I sent stacks that were large for that time of the game (300-500 a piece) into each of his provinces. Only one survived, but it was now an enclave inside the mighty HRE Only in the early game, when you're more or less equal w/ everyone else, can such a resounding and satisfying victory be achieved IMHO.
    God does not play dice.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

mine was a two prongend invasion of egypt, ehich streached from egypt to constantinople

i was the HRE and i invaded from africa and from euprople with about 10k men in total, lasted about 15 years, but it was worth it when they colapsed in civil war, four of thier provs joined my faction
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

LOL...good stories all.
    Mine's short but sweet:

As the English, launched a Crusade to Greece (controlled by
    ONE Turkish unit of 16 archers ).

Sent the Crusade army through 5 100%zeal provinces before
    landing in Greece...it was 2800+ soldiers vs. said 16 Turkish archers.

Needless to say, they "decided they can't win the battle and retreated". LOL
    Gonna give 'em some hell
    - JSBX, 1998

I have 30000 men +- 3000 in Denmark that will invade north of germany, Ireland that will invade UK, North of spain that will invade southern France, Naples ready to attack the pop, Serbia and Bulgaria (i think it was) ready to go north, and in Kazhar (or what the southern territory of russia is called. Im Egypt, hard difficulty, I own northern affrica, spain, Turkey, Scandinavia, Ireland and soon the rest of the continent.
    There I see my father.
    There I see my mother, my sisters and brothers.
    There I see my line of ancestors back to the beginning.
    They call on me and ask me to take my place with them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

TheViking a.k.a AggonyViking a.k.a FearTheViking a.k.a WildboarViking

Member Member Katasaki Hirojima's Avatar

I was finishing up my early campaign as Byzantine. I didn't want to fight the GOlden horde so I put all my energy into beating the game efore 1215. Worked out pretty good. I had marched about 10000 men across france and another 3000 from Poland and crushed the German stronghold, then with force of nearly 15000 men I just walked over the Danes, built a couple ports and sent about 25000 men from across the empire all over the mediterranean to conqueror: Crete, Rhodea, (aided by neighboring forces)Rome, (ditto)Papal Estates, Naples, Sciliy, Navarre(aided by a surrounding force of 4000) and Ireland(aided by fresh troops from my unit building provinces). In one turn I gained all those provinces and won the game. A grand finalle, to bad I didn't need to actually fight any of the battles..;p
    I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength.- Shang-ji Yang

Isn't she pretty in pink? Member Rosacrux's Avatar

The more satisfying (and rewarding) invasion by the mighty Byzantine forces: It was relatively early in the game (around 1170) and from the initial startup I've managed to build up rapidly, construct a grande armada of Dromons and have Constantinople churn out troops from day 1. I've cleared the map off the Turks, but now the Egyptians (very strong) came at me.

Well, I set up my master plan: Attack simultaneously n one turn all of their ships. Next turn, I buy all the available mercenaries, join them with my standing force and setting up a massive D-Day-like invasion in Egypt, Antioch, Jerusalem, Palestine, Sinai.

I got them off guard, they had their greatest forces in Syria, and I got all five provinces in one turn - the Fatimid empire lying in ruins...
    CHIEF HISTORIAN

The largest invasion I've done was the Byz invade the Almohad in my last campaign (before the patch came out). I simultaneously attack Navarre, Castile, Leon, Aragon, Valencia, Portugal, Cordoba and Granada. I took all province within 2 years and end the campaign with true Total Domination. Each army was between 1000 to 2500 elite men who have just conquered Europe and North Africa.

My most fun invasion was about 5-10 years in, England v France, as if it had gone badly, it would have been close to game over. Sweet and simple: i sent everything i had into all the French provinces apart from one, and fought several battles, all of which i was outnumbered in. I won of course

I have a two-parter involving being invaded then invading (Danes, playing on Hard). It started in Lithuania when I was pounced on by a Byzantine army of 12,000 men, lots of peasants but spearman, some Kataphractoi (nasty), Byz infantry and two detachments of Varangian guard.

I had prepared a shock of my own, with five units of arbalesters but loads of cavalry, mainly light but four units of Khwarazmian mercenaries and a few hobilars (inherited via a bribed English army in Malta). Total of about 900 men on my side, but lots of little units (so reinforcements)

I set up at the extreme edge of the map so my reinforcements wouldn't have too far to go.

After 1.5 hours, with all my units Exhausted and even the arbalesters out of ammo, I had killed or captured nearly 8,000 men for the loss of some 300 of my own.

The second episode followed shortly. My super-valour cavalry, along with some Vikings I had knocking around then invaded Chernigov en masse - another vast army (6,000 Byz, once again mainly peasants and mainly the shattered remains of their last force). Another rout with nearly 3,000 killed on their side for the loss of about 100 for me.

Not that I'm covered in glory - this campaign (now in 1330) has seen me trashed on a couple of occasions. Me, the Almohad and the Egyptians own roughly a third of the map each with all the other factions down to one or two provinces or eliminated entirely. Things will get very, very bloody any time soon...

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

probably close to 5000 on a crusade to jerusalem (i was cheating) mostly mercs and peasants
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Took out the whole Novgorod faction in 3 turns. Now i know this doesnt sound bad but they owned the northern east half of map, minus a couple provinces i bribed from rebels. My total army was around 8000, and had just finished off the Isle of England. Now if i can just get the remaining English, French, or Spanish to ceasefire, I can concentrate my efforts somewhere. Though if they dont ill just finish them off slowly heh.

Naagi
    If i pull the arrow out, will you suck out the poison?

Well, it came time that the Golden Horde came to Khazar and besieged by garrison of 300 soldiers (By the way I was playing as the people of Novgorod). Thankfully I had my six armies outside the Khazar Border waiting for something to happen, about 7k in total. I also had a 5-star assassin hanging out in the Crimea. Well, I plopped all my armies into golden Khazar and told my assassin to whack the khan (totally expecting him to fail -- only 30% chance). Wouldn't you know it, the assassin succeeded and the horde turned into rebels, but I forgot to pull my armies out. I lost nearly all of the 7000 in that pointless battle -- mainly cuz they were all vikings and steppe cavalry.

Still, I rejoiced.
    "I do not deny myself the pleasure of women, Mandrake. However, I do deny them my essence."

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

Turks(late),25k men all spread around the world except asia minor when the byzantines are incredibly weak,wiped them out in 1 turnthanks to the newtwork of ships spread all over the mediteranian and some troops sationed in rum.wiped out the byzantines and only lost 50 men(had a huge janissary army)
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

I was playing as the Italians I owned about 40% of the map when the golden hord arrived with 19K troops. I has to withdraw from 3 provinces burning everything. Three years latter I bought every mercenary I could and sent every spare troop when I attacked them with 20K troops. I kicked their butt out of russia. I wish I would have saved that battle to play over and over again.

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

turks in late; i was in Bulgaria and Serbia in Europe and Marocco in Africa;
    i attacked with 20k soldiers Rome in order to catch and execute the Pope ;i blow up central europe ( Hungary and some HRE procinves ) and than i turn down heading Italy;i captured the Pope in Rome and i enslaved him:D
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]