Thread: Question: To be or not to be...

Well, I'm at an interesting point in a campaign as Oda. I've accepted the Christianity offer and started "spreadin' the word." I've quelled a few Buddhist uprisings, but no harm done. I still haven't built the Cathedral to get musketeers since I don't have enough Churches.

Now, along come the Dutch with their offer and I declined at first knowing they'll come back at another province.

The question I have is that if I accept the Dutch offer, will it make my Daimyo a Buddhist again? I've dealt with enough Buddhist uprisings but I don't need Christian ones to add to the heap. Plus I'm in a blated 2-front war with Takeda (west) and the Hojo horde (east) so limiting my fronts is a necessity. Don't ask me how Takeda conquered the West. I was in one large battle early in the game against Mori and both of our Daimyos actually went at it in the middle of the battlefield. I was fortunate my Daimyo came out on top since neither side had an heir yet.
    Roma Invicta- Rome The Eternal

There's no such thing as overkill, just ensured victory!

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

A good question, nevr tried fli flopping back to budhism after accepting to be a christian. Has anybody really tried? And what happened?

------------------
    KumaRatta Yamamoto (Emissary of the ratta clan)Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

Just to add a bit more:

I've had a Buddhist temple in Kii before accepting Christianity. If there ever was a place I was worried of uprisings it was that place. Uprisings usually tended to be ran by blasted WMs over there so I had to send a significant garrison and a whole boatload of Shinobis to ensure the peace... basically throwing everything and the kitchen sink to avoid having a third front in my backyard.

Before a wider spread of Christianity in my territories I have upgraded the B.Temple and noticed no drops in population loyalty or levels of Christianity in Kii. I guess so long as you had the building before then it's okay. I haven't tried building a temple after accepting Christianity though since I'm worried about uprisings sprouting up. For once, it's nice for my troops not to run scared from opposing WMs.

------------------

That one i knew about, having experienced it.

------------------
    KumaRatta Yamamoto (Emissary of the ratta clan)Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

I KNOW I have rejected Christianity after accepting it, but I never paid super close attention to what specifically ended the Christianity. Here's a few things I did:

Built a Buddhist temple after accepting the deal and making a church,

Accepting the Dutch offer when it came and building a Dutch trading post,

Ultimately building a gun factory from the Dutch visit (there was a huge argument over how to get the gun factory, I'm still not sure exactly how to get it but I know you need a citadel and Dutch trading post somewhere. There may possibly be other requirements too).

Also, make a lost of (Buddhist) emissaries and put them in provinces to get rid of the Christian percentage of teh population.

------------------
    Koga no Goshi

"Nandai"
    Since time began
    the dead alone know peace.
    Life is but melting snow.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

As far getting the gun factory, I'm not certain since I've restarted playing STW recently. Looking at a tech tree I d/l from the net here's the requirements for the gun factory: a castle to hold an armory and a port. Now, according to the tech tree it seems to require both a Portuguese and Dutch trading post. I'm not 100% sure on that, I'm going to test it since the Dutch are knocking on the door. It's just I haven't answered the door to retain Christianity. I can also afford to do so since tons of ronin states are all that remain and I'm upgrading and leisurely taking provinces.

------------------

It requires a dutch OR a portuguese trading post depending on your religion(you need a port before this) but right now it is useless if you are budhist because after building it, it DOES NOT give your Guns a +1 honor like it is supposed to.

It's only usefull if you are a christian and you want to have access to musks.

------------------

Thanks, this should be helpful for me then...

------------------