Thread: Unbelievable!

In a losing battle against the French last night, one of my English governers was slain. I ended up accidently dropping the title and eventually found it bestowed on the sole survivor of a feudal knight unit, a one star-featherless warrior. I had no idea how to undo that, if it is possible, so I decided to send him out gloriously instead of simply disbanding him. I sent him alone against a French province with 3 units of spearman and peasants hoping to knock off a few foes for free and hit auto battle.
    Much to my surprise, I get the victory announcement He killed 220 or so and captured another 60 and probably knocked up 2 or 3 French maids during the battle.
    Anyway, he still has only one star but his morale is up to 9 which is the highest I have ever had. No idea what it was before the battle, I never even considered looking, but I'll guess 3 was the absolute max. I'm not sure why he didn't pick up a star either.
    Now I don't have any inclination to off the chap, but I also think if I rebuild the unit the morale will drop to around 2 or 3 and I will end up with a meodocre knight unit and still have a featherless governer. Or do I keep sending Ramboknight against the world by himself?
    So I'm open for suggestions.
    By the way, it appears the patch did not entirely fix the Uberhero issue.

Can use your emissaries to remove titles from people, though this drops their loyalty. As for not getting any stars, he wasnt commanding anyone is my only guess. Adding to his unit will drop his morale more than likely, but i wouldnt chance his solo capability again heh. I have a general thats still solo I use in many battles just for his benefits to the other troops, though will more than likely add to him when i get my Kataphraktoi production going.

Naagi
    If i pull the arrow out, will you suck out the poison?

Well, a Feudal Knight unit starts with a morale of 8 (right??), so some undiscovered V&V probably accounts for the +1 morale of 9.
    Sire de Coucy

I've seen moral way over 15 before for some knight type units.
    ~LordKhaine~

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Rebuild the unit, the superman/rambo/fantastic one/jedi knight will still be there, but the other guys in the unit will be normal knights.

You can also disband him it he was so bad, but Emmis are best. The Spy is your last opportunity as they can orchestrate a trial and will kill him if successful. But that is best if you want the unit but not the man.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Isn't this a dilemna? I also have had megastar single man general units that I kept in the back and free from the fight because I either didn't have the buildings to retrain or he was too far away. But this is a single star mensch, albeit a superhero mensch. If he didn't have the title I would just put him out to retirement in a safe province or retrain. (I've never used an emissary to remove a title; I always disband the unit because I haven't noticed any negatives from disbanding.)
    I've got a 5 acumen unit that I want to make governer, that should be worth 200+ florins a turn. I'm leaning towards another one man charge.
    This is the second time I've used the single unit attack and both times I've been astounded. My prior attempt was an attempt to kill off a weak king. I did a solo unit charge with him, but he went and got himself captured So I cleverly refused the ransom and got a massive revolt the next turn. I subsequently removed this stratgem from the playbook.
    I have got to admit this game has more twists and turns than anything I have ever seen.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

hehe.. id love to have that rambo knight. What you should do is look for a unit of fuedal knights who also have high valour, then merge them, that way you dont seem to lose as much
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven