Thread: Is there ever going to be a 2nd patch??

The sp game is ridiculous with the revolts. I can sit around and watch the AI factions go to hell in an inferno of revolts. It is not competitive or fun.

Tough Guy

Senior Member Senior Member MonkeyMan's Avatar

Angry

Well no. The short answer is the next patch will be the official expansion. The longer answer is this post:

Previous Post

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

nope

unless you ask CA really nicley and give them lots of $$$
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

I can't believe they STILL did not fix the frickin scoring in GA mode. Not much point to having it when it doesnt work right- just turns into another conquest game.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I'm narked by the GA bug too - can't see why it is expensive to patch it. I guess I'm spoilt by companies such as (now-defunct) Talonsoft and (very much funct) Bioware, which have frequent minor patches that added a lot of value to their games.
    However, CA still have a lot of my goodwill for their games. In terms of scale, depth, colour, historical interest etc, there is little to compete with MTW. (eg Age of Empires may have scale, but its traditional RTS gameplay is not nearly as innovative or impressive as the real-time battles of TW and turn-based strategic map). It is incredibly ambitious and by and large, succeeds incredibly well. This is particularly remarkable for what seems like a small company. I'll buy the add-on even if I don't care much about Vikings, just to get a very minor second patch and won't begrudge putting more money into CA's pockets. (Like when I bought the Mongol invasion, I never played the Mongol campaign but wanted and appreciated the main game tweaks). I know they have to survive financially and hope they do. If this helps support the company to make a Roman TW, all the better. Considering the leap from Shogun to MTW, I even think they might be able to pull off a Napoleonic one.

Bump for the GA "bug". It is more than just a bug, it is BROKEN. Shame on CA for making us pay for the fix by buying the expansion.