Thread: Will the new upcoming add-on split community?

I never got to play STW orginal online and only played a STW MI/WE for a few months. However When the STW server went down I observed a few nice unfamiliar names in the MI/WE servers. Also observing there conversations with other veterans in the foyer I became aware that MI/WE caused a split in the community.

I currently like often seeing 80-110 people online in MTW. I also would be saddend if it causes a split and drop in the community with half the people playing MTW and half Play MTW addon on different servers.
    Also Known As: RTKPaul
    "I dont want you to die for your country, no poor son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor son of a bitch die for his country"- George S. Patton

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

what you define as a split, others define as an expansion of the community. more options means more people, though not necessarily in the same place, but then there are possibilites of both: more people on the servers, rather than just a limited number to share among games.

thats why the addon should be something that is retro fittable to the MTW orignal.

seige MTW perhaps
    Lord Romulous

Secret Vice
    Sick, Bitter and Twisted.

+3 pervisity +4 cursing +7 to chance of wearing purple pants.

Senior Member Senior Member NinjaKilla's Avatar

To be honest soly, I think that MI did split the community. With both games running, a lot of people got caught between and there's a few people who havent been seen since... Mind you I am biased because of my vehement hatred of MI, which sucked IMO.

Cybernetic Samurai Member TenkiSoratoti's Avatar

Is there anywhere that explains why ppl hated
    "The good fighters of the old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat and then waited for an opportunity to defeat the enemy." - Sun Tzu