Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate Ship Mafia III [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pirate Ship Mafia III [Concluded]

Night 0

Nobody got much sleep the night of the flight from New Tortuga. There was too much on everyone's mind - how could they have left the Captain behind? Look at all the treasure they had procured! Could *I* possibly be the next Captain of the
    Presence? Pirates alone with their thoughts was an unusual circumstance, and as a result the following morning the crew were actually eager to get to work for once, to put those meddlesome thoughts out of mind.

Of course, this naturally meant that the daily tasks of swabbing the decks, etc. were accomplished in record time, and by that afternoon, there was nothing left to do but elect the Captain - the person who would take the crewmen home. There was a bit of trepidation about this, for some of the more grizzled sailors remembered that the last two times that the
    Presence had come back with a huge haul, the return voyage to Nassau was always fraught with peril. Most notably, the Frenchman, who had sworn to regain command of the ship by whatever means necessary, had been quiet these past few years. Chances were high that he might be on board once again, ready to strike.

The new Captain would have to be in possession of all his wits and cunning in order to be able to counteract this and any other threat that might arise. At the same time, the Captain of the
    Presence also received the single highest share of treasure on both the similar occasions: the sacking of Charleston, and the attack on the Spanish Treasure Fleet. The crewman were in full recognition of the fact that they might very well be electing someone higher riches than anyone had dreamed of when they initially signed on to the crew.

After roughly thirty minutes of pretty much everyone milling around, not sure what to do, a senior crewman, a really old salt, finally got fed up with it all and addressed everyone aboard.

"Right ye scurvy scoundrels, ye all know where and why we're here - to make as much loot as we possibly can before Satan claims our souls for good!" There was some goodhearted cheering at this statement. "Before that happens, though, we need to rid ourselves of that loot so that the devil can't claim any for hisself! Now, ye all know what be at stake here should we not make it home in one piece. So let's ensure that we keep this ship in good order and elect ourselves a Captain!" General cheering commenced.

Even though the crew of the
    Presence were pirates, they were also good at their jobs. They knew that a Captain and his appointed officers would be most effective at ridding the ship of any threats aboard - but at the same time, they were still pirates. 100 gold was good, aye, but you know what was even better than that? *More* than 100 gold! Hopefully the Captain and his officers would... reward... them all for being active in their efforts to rid the ship of no-gooders in the evenings. After all, what was the point otherwise?

With these thoughts in mind, the voting process begun. The Captain would receive a salary of 15 treasure per night no matter his activities. He would have no vote in any daily proceedings that may arise, but did have a say in tiebreaking procedures along with his two appointed officers. Were there any deadlocks to be resolved in the tiebreaking, the Captain would have final say on the matter. Lastly, the Captain would have all to himself a swanky room in the officer's cabin of the ship, meaning that pretty much all night attacks against him would be futile (though he could go out and do activities himself). Of course, removing him during the day would be another matter, thanks to the ever-present threat of mutiny...

Everyone decided not to ruminate on that particular point for now though. They had a Captain to elect, and further riches awaited!

OOC: It is now Day 1. As stated above, you will not be voting someone to walk the plank, you are electing a Captain. The proper format for doing this is as follows:

As stated above, you will not be voting someone to walk the plank, you are electing a Captain. The proper format for doing this is as follows:

Elect: GeneralHankerchief

Vote changes are made like so:

Unelect: GeneralHankerchief
    Elect: Beskar

You will be rewarded 3 pieces of treasure for lodging a legal vote.

Voting will last until 22:00 US Eastern Time on Friday, September 25th. Not all phases will be this long - I suggest you use the time to get any night actions sorted out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Souls aboard: (28)
    Andres
    Askthepizzaguy
    autolycus
    BSmith
    Choxorn
    Csargo
    Double A
    El Barto
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Golden1Knight
    Ice
    Ironside
    Ishmael
    Ituralde
    johnhughthom
    Kagemusha
    landlubber
    Lissa
    Montmorency
    NotJimRV
    seireikhaan
    spaceman98
    Sprig
    TFT
    TheFlax
    Visorslash
    Xiahou
    Zack
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 09-25-2015 at 14:58.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Default Re: Pirate Ship Mafia III

Elect: TheFlax

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Elect: seireikhaan

This boat requires vision and leadership, but above all a ruthless, unbiased hand. Elect me and you get someone merciless enough to brutally trick their friend into believing their innocence and stringing sympathy along so they'll fight to the death for you only to look like a colossal jackwagon when the final day came. A vote for me is a vote for savage, brutal efficiency.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I'll elect whoever offers the best bribe. Money, position, I'm all ears mateys.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    This is a good time to put in a reminder: Monetary transfers are limited to 10 gold per person, per day (i.e. you can spend more than 10, but can't give more than 10 to one person at a time). All gold transfers must be for services rendered, and these services must be publicly available. All transactions must be confirmed to me by both parties and will take effect at the end of the night phase. Happy bartering!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Aye, and I'll elect whoever offers the worst bribe. Corruption ain't me style.

Quote Originally Posted by landlubber View Post
    What kind of pirate doesn't like bribes and money? No wonder they call you landlubber.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

We need a captain who can strike fear into the hearts of men, who be known for helpin' his shipmates, yet be wicked and cruel, like any good pirate should be. A man whose face is so torn and battered by his many years at sea, that if he were to remove the wrappings coverin' his face, it would make even the legendary Zackbeard weep bitter tears and cry out to the heavens, why, why would a man's face look like that? We need a man whose name contains the letter X, because that always marks where the treasure be on a map. Yarr, I see we have a few candidates fer that, but only one man's name begins with the letter X! And that means we'll start atop a vast pile of treasure, so vast that the ship will sink under its sheer weight, and we'll live out the rest of our days on an island made out of all the gold we can eat! And there will be women, lots of scantily clad women, fashioned out of gold coins glued together, with big ruby lips, eyes like sapphires, and fingers covered in rings of diamond, with an emerald necklace draped between a pair of iron cannonballs! And we'll never leave this golden island paradise, no, and our dear Captain will rule us like a king, and sip from the finest crystal goblet filled to the brim with all the pearls he can choke down! And his name will be so unpronounceable that even Admiral Beskar wouldn't randomly string together those letters and begin to call himself that!

Elect: Captain Xiahou
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I know you are all power hungry privateers, so i will elect. Whom ever gives me 10 gold.If not one of you ragtags gives me gold.I will elect myself.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    We need a captain who can strike fear into the hearts of men, who be known for helpin' his shipmates, yet be wicked and cruel, like any good pirate should be. A man whose face is so torn and battered by his many years at sea, that if he were to remove the wrappings coverin' his face, it would make even the legendary Zackbeard weep bitter tears and cry out to the heavens, why, why would a man's face look like that? We need a man whose name contains the letter X, because that always marks where the treasure be on a map. Yarr, I see we have a few candidates fer that, but only one man's name begins with the letter X! And that means we'll start atop a vast pile of treasure, so vast that the ship will sink under its sheer weight, and we'll live out the rest of our days on an island made out of all the gold we can eat! And there will be women, lots of scantily clad women, fashioned out of gold coins glued together, with big ruby lips, eyes like sapphires, and fingers covered in rings of diamond, with an emerald necklace draped between a pair of iron cannonballs! And we'll never leave this golden island paradise, no, and our dear Captain will rule us like a king, and sip from the finest crystal goblet filled to the brim with all the pearls he can choke down! And his name will be so unpronounceable that even Admiral Beskar wouldn't randomly string together those letters and begin to call himself that!

Elect: Captain Xiahou
    Elect: Xiahou gon give it to ya

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    nsfw lyrics

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    I know you are all power hungry privateers, so i will elect. Whom ever gives me 10 gold.If not one of you ragtags gives me gold.I will elect myself.
    If you give me 10 gold, I promise I will only eat half of it.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by landlubber View Post
    I offer you.... a boot to the head!

As with other people in the thread, I'm open to taking bribes.

Eating Babies since 1983 Member Sprig's Avatar

I'll bribe ya'll to mutiny who ever we elect. Just for the laughs... And gold.
    Bad.

Member thankful for this post:

Visor 

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yo ho ho ho, a pirate’s life for me!
    elect: Crazed Rabbit

Yarr harr harr! Obviously there is just one suitable candidate for a captain on this ship, ye landlubbers.

elect: NotJimRV

How did ye last two games play out, out of interest?

Getting in early in a shameless attempt to curry favour should you be elected. I'll take the position of First Mate, please.

unelect ; elect: notjim
    Getting in early in a shameless attempt to curry favour should you be elected. I'll take the position of quartermaster, please.

Let's have a new guy be captain, what could go wrong. :D

I be electing anyone that is not some bloody Frenchman, that's for sure! Also some gold would be appreciated, if you know what I mean.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    If you give me 10 gold, I promise I will only eat half of it.
    Here´s a copper penny for you old squanderer. Half you eat, you say mate.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post

Getting in early in a shameless attempt to curry favour should you be elected. I'll take the position of First Mate, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    unelect ; elect: notjim
    Getting in early in a shameless attempt to curry favour should you be elected. I'll take the position of quartermaster, please.
    Arrrr, there be some sensible lads right there. That's the spirit I like to see!

Elect: NotJim

We expect you to triangulate your position.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

So... we're not electing Jim? We are electing Jim? I'm confused.

Schrodinger's Jim.

Well, you guys know who you're NOT electing.

Isn't that simple?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Yo ho ho ho, a pirate’s life for me!
    elect: Crazed Rabbit
    All votes must be legal (i.e. for somebody that's actually playing) in order to get the gold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NotJimRV View Post
    How did ye last two games play out, out of interest?
    Pretty overwhelming town victories on both occasions, though more of that had to do with terrible luck on the mafia's part than balancing (at least, that's what I tell myself to sleep at night ). The Captain elected on D1 was not only able to stay in power through the conclusion of both games but also ended up with the most gold and thus finished in first place. So there is some incentive to win this election... unless of course people grow wary about letting the Captain waltz to victory for a third game in a row.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    All votes must be legal (i.e. for somebody that's actually playing) in order to get the gold.
    Bah, fine.

unelect
    elect: Kage

Yarrr.

elect: notjim

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

NotElect: Jim

Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast