Thread: Tapatalk Problems

Default Tapatalk Problems

I'm using the tapatalk App on my mobile to participate in the Mafia game and I wonder if my fellow Mafia players here have the same problems and maybe even know a solution.
    While it is nice to know what's happening in the game, when I'm not on the computer, I noticed two things:

1. Thread Marked as Read:
    Once I have read a post on tapatalk the whole thread is marked as read, even if I haven't gotten to the last post in the app yet. Is there some way to prevent this or keep it separate, so that when I open the forum in my browser it will show the thread as unread and I can jump straigth to the newest post?

2. PMs with CC:
    These are frankly not displayed in the app. Which is quite irritating. Normal PMs are displayed just fine, but as soon as there is more than one recipient, they are not shown in the app. Does anybody know a workaround for this?

Sorry if this is not the forum it is supposed to go in, but I was hoping other Mafia players had a greater chance to see it in here, also I didn't want to clutter up the main game thread with it. Please feel free to move it to the Watchtower.

Thank you!

Ituralde
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tapatalk Problems

I'll leave it up for the rest of the day so other Gameroomers can chime in and then I'll move it over to the Watchtower. Assuming I remember the mod tools correctly, I can make a redirect notice so people that missed it the first time around can still see that the thread was made.

(And I don't use Tapatalk, so I can't be of much help here. Sorry!)
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, we gave it a shot. Time to send it to the Watchtower.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

I've updated Tapatalk. Could you check whether this has solved the issue? If not I'll open a support ticket with them.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Blog Entries

@Ituralde is going to be away until Monday I believe, so this tag is just in case he misses the redirect notice.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Don't see a Cc when replying to a pm.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

I managed to receive a message sent to several people just fine and could also reply to all. But maybe the sender did not use cc or bcc.

As Andres said there is no differentiation for cc inside the app.

I'll look further into this once I'm back. Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Ituralde; 10-10-2015 at 17:56.

The forum software actually allows for BCC as well. I just wrote a test PM to myself. I put Ituralde as Recipient and also as BCC recipient. The message has not yet shown up inside tapatalk.

The initial PMs that started this thread were sent to several users and they might also have been sent via BCC. I have no way of knowing for now, though. Maybe should wait until the Mafia Game is finished.

Sorry to latch onto this old thread but I'm having a problem with Tapatalk. I just installed it on my phone (Android) but all attempts to login via Tapatalk only result is endless spinning at "Connecting to server". Is there a permissions I need to set up in my Org account? Any guidance would be appreciated.
    This space intentionally left blank

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

I don't use Tapatalk but there was a software update that I've just installed. Perhaps that will help?
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Member thankful for this post:

Thanks for doing that, but it didn't helped. I even uninstalled and reinstalled just in case. Oh well, I guess I'll try to snoop around their support site.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I used to use the website in chrome browser on my phone (cannot no longer, as software updates turned it into a brick), it used to automatically shift into "mobile friendly" mode.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Tapatalk is much better than a browser in mobile mode, mostly I guess because an app does not have to download the UI for every page again and then arrange it and so on, it just gets the contents, which are relatively small, and displays them. Feels faster and smoother.

As for Tapatalk, I think I tried it on a different mobile OS a while ago and it still marked threads as last read on some day in the future, basically making them marked as read until kingdom come (which also means the jump to new post does not work anymore etc.).
    Somehow, despite being good in theory, it never worked for me due to that annoying bug. Point being that it's probably not a perfect software, maybe support can help, do they have support?
    Last edited by Husar; 11-04-2016 at 16:34.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

I guess I'll just drop it and use Chrome. They do have support and a support forum. On the forum, lots of people with the same issue, but no real solutions other than what therother did - update the Tapatalk forum software. I was under the impression that all the cool, smartphone savvy Org patrons used it when one the go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    I guess I'll just drop it and use Chrome. They do have support and a support forum. On the forum, lots of people with the same issue, but no real solutions other than what therother did - update the Tapatalk forum software. I was under the impression that all the cool, smartphone savvy Org patrons used it when one the go.
    Heh, I might, if I didn't have that other seemingly unfixable issue.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu