Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inquisition [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Inquisition [Concluded]

“ALL HAIL EMPEROR KAVEHIR!”

The chorus rang throughout the royal courtyard. The young man stood tall and held his hands aloft, signifying his acknowledgment. Today was His day, the day the new god of this world took his position. To his left lay prostrate the three high priests; of Shahnak, God of the skies, of Armouz, God of the seas, and Firnaz, God of the underworld. For now, the newly proclaimed god of Earth stood before all.

Kavehir’s warm smile disappeared as he addressed his subjects. “My subjects, today is a day that shall be remembered for all time. Today, I take the place of my father as your God and Emperor. By all rights, today should be one of joyous celebration. And yet, we are only here because of treachery. My father was sent to his ascendancy before was proper. And I know now, the culprits are here, among us.”

The prostrated nobles looked up at the new emperor and a rumble of confusion and fear could be heard.

“I know why as well. Some amongst you dared to challenge his proclamation that he was the divine ruler of all the mortal realms. I say to those of you loyal in this audience; no matter which deity you worshipped before, my father, myself and all of our line are the true subjects of veneration. And yet even now I sense doubt and disbelief from amongst you. To which I declare; if you wish to leave the palace, you will prove your loyalty and faith to the new Order of the world. You will assist in the capture and execution of the unbelievers.” Kavehir gestured to the palace behind them, a marvel constructed from white marble that glittered in the sunlight, a cruel smile upon his face. “My first act as Emperor is to declare this inquisition, to root out the faithless and bring them to justice. For the rest of today, I suggest you make yourself comfortable. For tomorrow, judgment arrives.”

Kavehir twirled on the spot, his silvery robes twinkling as three guards followed him back to the palace.

“This goes too far!”
    “But he is correct, justice must be served!”
    “Of course that’s what a worshipper of Firnaz would say!”
    “Do you even care that your god is being replaced?”

“ENOUGH!”

An elderly man in green robes with a wispy, silver beard commanded the attention of the nobles. “It does not matter who you worshipped before. My lord is the god of this world, and demands your loyalty and adoration. We will all work to his benefit. Now, if you will, I will guide the all to your temporary chambers while we are here. Come…. It will be a long night. We must be ready tomorrow.”

Hello everyone, and welcome to my newest iteration of mafia! As per usual, I'm trying a few new tweaks upon previous formula I've used in the past, in this case, the House of Origin.

There will be three mafia. The mafia will have the customary power to kill, as well as something additional during the night. There will not be conversion as a mechanic.

The town will, as in Origin, have the power to kill or protect at night, but in a constrained capacity. The town will be superficially divided into three groups; those who worshipped Shahnak, those who worshipped Armouz, and those who worshipped Firnaz. Regardless of which group a townsperson is in, their goal is the same- the elimination of the mafia and anyone else that might have a conflicting victory condition. What the groups do is limit who a person can coordinate with during the night phase. Each worshipper will only work with others they trust and know. In order to perform a kill at night, four townspersons are required. In order to protect a person, three are required. The mafia will be hidden in these groups.

The setup will work a bit something like this:

Townsman(nobles and members of the royal court)
    One to three town-enabling roles.
    Mafia(agents aggressive to the Emperor)
    And one, possibly two independent-minded roles.(the number depends on how many players) Their victory conditions might be their own, or they may be able to obtain victory concurrently with others.

There will also be a somewhat different mechanic that will pertain to those who suffer an unfortunate demise early into the game that will be revealed when the time is proper.

I am looking for 25 players if possible. The game could be run on 19, but that would not be ideal.

Player list: 22/25

A completely inoffensive name
    Andres
    Askthepizzaguy
    Autolycus
    Bsmith
    Csargo
    DCmort
    Edse
    El Barto
    GeneralHankerchief
    Golden1Knight
    Ironside
    Ituralde
    Johnhughtom
    Kagemusha
    Landlubber
    Montmorency
    Myddraal
    Nightbringer
    Sooh
    Visorslash
    Zack

Explanation on mechanics
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    If you're wondering why I have such a restriction on town night actions, I will admit it is partially experimental. Many players seem to appreciate power beyond the day phase, and feel left out if they don't "roll lucky" by getting a role. At the same time, I feel like town groups can grow too powerful late game as information is gathered. Simply put, this is a mechanism to deter that by limiting the pool of players that can coordinate together as attrition wears on. I tried a different mechanic in Origin by requiring players to be with a specific partner, which achieved some of what I was looking for(a combination of early action from the town that became difficult as the game progressed), but it unfortunately held a few people hostage to an inactive partner, which is obviously not ideal.

Rules:

NO QUOTING HOST'S PMS, NO QUOTING CHATLOGS, NO SCREENSHOTS, NO ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS, AND NO TRANSLATING PM'S-You may claim whatever you want, including role name, so long as you don't quote my PM's word for word, or very close to word for word. You may quote a pm from other players.

The dead cannot reveal anything, including previous night actions, but they may participate as much as they want to contribute to general discussion. The dead also may not communicate outside the thread in any way, shape, or form relating to this game, be it via PM, chat, quicktopic, or other.

I do not allow Vote: No Lynch as an option. Period. You may abstain, however.

If you wish to take back a vote, you CANNOT do it by editing a previous post. I will not count it. You must unvote first, such as unvote:GeneralHankerchief in order to recant the previous vote. In order to vote for someone, you must do so in the usual Vote:seireikhaan style. Votes must be bolded, for reference.

WOKs(Wrath of Khaan aka Wrath of God aka Modkilled aka Death By Divine Annihilation) will occur if a person does not vote 3 rounds in a row, or if they do not vote in 4 rounds in total. Please, please don't make me do so. It won't be a pretty death.

Suicides will only be allowed in the event of a person being very much unable to participate in the game. I do not allow suicides for any other reason.

Please don't mess with a vote tally! I know sometimes errors happen, but if I determine that anyone deliberately misrepresents the tally for personal benefit, they will be wok'd.

Voting periods will be 36 hours. Night periods will be 24 hours.

Any ties in voting will await someone to break it. First vote to either person who is tied will result in lynch, regardless of any posts after it.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 11-02-2015 at 11:29.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Default Re: The Inquisition [Sign-ups]

in before "inquisition I didn't expect this huehue"

I was going to take a break after Pirate Ship and NSP, but well, its a khaan game. And I die early and fail miserably in Khaan games.

3/3 in
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

In.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

I'll play.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I'm in.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

In.

​IN.

I've wanted to join a game here for a while, so in

Member thankful for this post:

I won't have enough time for it and regret joining, but I'm in!
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

In.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I'll join the INquisition.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Inquisition? Nobody expected that

Actually Khaan, could you put me down as a reserve? Not sure I'll have the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Actually Khaan, could you put me down as a reserve? Not sure I'll have the time.
    Sure thing.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Member thankful for this post:

Visor 

I'll be in.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Ayuh.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For the Emperor!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Blog Entries

Well, we're looking a bit short of players for now. I'll try to see if I can't rope in a few more players to hit at least the 19 minimum. If not, I'll scratch the format and this game will become a vanilla.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

I couldn't join any games until after this week, sorry.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I've taken the liberty of placing an off-site ad, I hope it pays off.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

In.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

I'll play.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I am stretching myself a bit thin to play in this one. But if you need bodies, and haven't filled ranks, I'd rather help you get the game setup you designed.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'll play because Monty told me to.

Blog Entries

Alright, I'll poke a few people to see if I can't rope in one more person. Thank you for you patience and thanks to all who've signed up.

Khaan, you forgot to include BSmith as signed-up.
    @Ishmael @Ironside

Give it a couple more days.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Blog Entries

Thanks, noted bsmith down. We've got enough to run it but if you think they'll play I'll give'em a day or two to sign up.

@GaiusScriboniusCurio should join.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast