Thread: agghh help,barbarossa mission 2!!

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

the papacy and the italians steamrolled my army any effective tactic??
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Exclamation

Need more info. How about a replay ?
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

ahh yes i'll send one as soon as possible lemme retry and save it(i did'nt save me replays)btw its historical campaigns,i must confront 2 factions the Milanese Seige Force and the Italians,my force consists mostly of heavy cavalry and infantry split into 2 groups one on the far north and the other on the south.its pretty hard becuase the Milanese(papacy)and their italian freinds are LOADEDand i mean LOADED
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Faisal, i have only played this scenario pre-patch. I did win first time, but it was one of those battles where right to the end u think - sh*t i might lose this.

I tried to join my forces & form some sort of defensive position - on the right. I used 1 or 2 of the cav units on the left to harrass (weaker) cav that ventured into the gap between the 2 nme forces. After that it was just a case of trying 2 react to the nme moves & not get too spread out. IIRC there was a lot of nme cav - this may make the scenario quite different post-patch.

Don Coyote
    I was almost a King, wasn't I?

Immediately charge your cavalry on the left wing over towards your forces on the right. The lone infantry unit is a goner but will buy time if you attack with them.

Align your missile troops in an arc to face both enemies. String your Italian infanty out into 2 ranks to cover as much of the archers as possible.

Once your heavy cavalry gets over, double team the lone infantry unit that emerges from the trees. You do have time to rout this guy.

The key is to break the morale of the Italians whilst fending off the Milanese.

Charge anything that threatens your archers. You have 5 top cavalry units, keep them running everywhere, attack, attack, always attack. Once you manage to break one or two units the Italians will crumble and you can turn on the Milanese.

Keep those cavalry charging right from the word go. Good luck
    A life lived in fear is a life half lived