Thread: Are the early Total war games playable on Windows 10?

Default Are the early Total war games playable on Windows 10?

I only play the original STW and MTW which are fine on my PC running Windows 7. I'm now of course getting prompts from my PC to upgrade to Windows 10. If I do this will my discs for the Eras edition still work? And I know they're now available on Steam but that's a particular Hell I try to avoid.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Are the early Total war games playable on Windows 10?

I would imagine that they would not work. I don't think anyone got non-steam STW/MTW running on Win8, so the outlook for Win10 is not good. Haven't tried it yet though, so I couldn't say for sure.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Even the Steam version doesn't appear to be working properly on Windows 10 at the moment, so I imagine getting the disc version to run would be pretty unlikely.

Angry Re: Are the early Total war games playable on Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I only play the original STW and MTW which are fine on my PC running Windows 7. I'm now of course getting prompts from my PC to upgrade to Windows 10. If I do this will my discs for the Eras edition still work? And I know they're now available on Steam but that's a particular Hell I try to avoid.
    I am in the process of trying to get mine to work. Will let you know if successful. So far, nothing is working

I was able to get RTW to work on Windows 10 (no comments on MTW, but it should be a similar issue). The problem is that Win 10 no longer supports Securerom or Safedisc. Please refer to the following thread to get this resolved: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-in-Windows-10