Thread: Is EB too easy ?

Default Is EB too easy ?

Hi , i played all total war games , im a real fan ! And i just installed EB , started a campaign with Romani , playing on Medium ' Medium settings ..

So i starting to expulse Carthage from my land , no defense at all from Carthage , no naval invasion , nothing , no elephant battle .. So after that im focus on Gaul .. After getting 7 Gaul province , nothing happen again .. They dont send army to defense their land .. So after 50 turns , no army attacked me .. No invasion , no nothing again .. I dont understand why its so easy , iv read at some place that EB offer a challenge .. But for now i just destroy all province ..

Sorry if my english is poor im trying to do my best !!

Julius

Default Re: Is EB too easy ?

Try playing Saka or Pritanoi on very hard / very hard ;)

"This Declares likewise to all Laborers, or such as are called Poor people, that they shall not dare to work for Hire, for any Landlord, or for any that is lifted up above others; for by their labours, they have lifted up Tyrants and Tyranny; and by denying to labor for Hire, they shall pull them down again." - William Everard

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

What version are you playing?

And you do realise that fast expansion is an exploit in favour of the player, right?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Also the Romani are kind of a tutorial faction, their starting position is solid, access to excellent units, easy expansion. They allow players to learn the ropes of EB and is pretty much impossible to lose with them...
    Then of course if one abuses the AI with them, it is like a no show...

Are we talking about EB or EBII?
    At any rate if you are looking for a bit of a challenge play Very Hard campaign difficulty. And yes some factions are much harder to play than others. If we are talking about EB1 then some are definitely not too easy...
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Hi , so im playing EB 1 with the 1.2 version .. I know Romani have a strong position but i didnt know that this will be so easy .. When i check on others forum i see that people say that medium medium campaign are perfect because if you put it to hard its nearly impossible to win with all the bonus of the AI .. Now im at 65 turn and i think 1 army attacked a city with 7 units .. Should i restard a game with H' H campaign or its gonna be unfair .. ? What you recommand me to play , and with what faction ? Thx

And i dont know if a enable the script when i first started the game .. Cause its like there no script at all .. Should i see something ??

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Massakers View Post
    Hi , so im playing EB 1 with the 1.2 version .. I know Romani have a strong position but i didnt know that this will be so easy .. When i check on others forum i see that people say that medium medium campaign are perfect because if you put it to hard its nearly impossible to win with all the bonus of the AI .. Now im at 65 turn and i think 1 army attacked a city with 7 units .. Should i restard a game with H' H campaign or its gonna be unfair .. ? What you recommand me to play , and with what faction ? Thx
    You've posted in the wrong forum, this is for EBII.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR