Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things Are Changing

Default Things Are Changing

Suddenly all the white knights stfu. Oh wait they still got their heads covered...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/1...054750832.html
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 12-15-2015 at 08:19.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Things Are Changing

good development

Means nothing when they still can't give their speeches in front of men.

Means nothing to you, I agree, which is telling.

Since they're not asking for that YET, not giving props where props due is classic white knighting.

It's something at least

Quote Originally Posted by HitWithThe5 View Post
    Means nothing to you, I agree, which is telling.

Since they're not asking for that YET, not giving props where props due is classic white knighting.
    You have proven to be wrong on every subject you talk about, and this one is no different.

I don't give props to savages that cut off clitoris's

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post

I don't give props to savages that cut off clitoris's
    I wasn't aware the Saudis did that. I thought that was more of an african tribal society thing. You sure about your geography?

Quote Originally Posted by I of the Storm View Post
    I wasn't aware the Saudis did that. I thought that was more of an african tribal society thing. You sure about your geography?
    Nah, its prevalent in numerous middle eastern countries as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preval...ion_by_country

So you put Saudi Arabia with the wiki page that excludes Saudi Arabia because they're all savages.

Don't know what savages did to you, but somebody should cut off your clitoris for being a c word.

So you put Saudi Arabia with the wiki page that excludes Saudi Arabia because they're all savages.

Don't know what savages did to you, but somebody should cut off your clitoris for being a c word.
    Except it doesn't exclude Saudi Arabia if you scroll down to the Middle East section of the page. Spoilers: it says FGM is prevalent. But then you would have to read text instead of glancing at the first image you see.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I, for one, welcome our new female overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Nothing like an entitled white liberal with his yuppy white knight arguments. As far as being "wrong" goes: You showed your buzzfeed bandwagon brain by saying climate change caused the war in Syria, and you were straight beta'd in this thread right here after being on the guy's nuts https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-%28Goodbye%29

No [internet] dignity. This thread has nothing to do with FGM and it's sickening you'd bring it up at every positive step taken against such oppression.

Oh, btw the data about fgm is wrong buzzfeed brain.
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 12-15-2015 at 11:30.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Elections in the Kingdom are essentially meaningless.

The fact that the princes of the House of Saud are allowing women the privilege of voting in them is therefore also largely meaningless and essentially a fig-leaf on oppression.

Throughout the 18th Century women were allowed to serve on a number of local school boards and other local councils in the UK but while they had some influence and input in this narrow sphere they were still generally oppressed.

It won't mean anything until the men of Saudi Arabia make the law collectively in a democracy and are willing to accept women into the democratic process.

Remember, before the Shah fell he passed all sorts of reforms relating the equal treatment of women but because he was an absolute monarch it didn't stick once the People took over.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Nothing like an entitled white liberal with his yuppy white knight arguments. As far as being "wrong" goes: You showed your buzzfeed bandwagon brain by saying climate change caused the war in Syria, and you were straight beta'd in this thread right here after being on the guy's nuts https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-%28Goodbye%29

No [internet] dignity. This thread has nothing to do with FGM and it's sickening you'd bring it up at every positive step taken against such oppression.

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

Nothing like an entitled white liberal with his yuppy white knight arguments.
    Hey playa, I worked real hard to get the part of resident conservative, stop creepin on my turf or I'll put a cap in yo ass!
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-15-2015 at 16:47.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    Elections in the Kingdom are essentially meaningless.

The fact that the princes of the House of Saud are allowing women the privilege of voting in them is therefore also largely meaningless and essentially a fig-leaf on oppression.

Throughout the 18th Century women were allowed to serve on a number of local school boards and other local councils in the UK but while they had some influence and input in this narrow sphere they were still generally oppressed.

It won't mean anything until the men of Saudi Arabia make the law collectively in a democracy and are willing to accept women into the democratic process.

Remember, before the Shah fell he passed all sorts of reforms relating the equal treatment of women but because he was an absolute monarch it didn't stick once the People took over.
    It's still a significant change for the better, even if it's far from perfect. Silver lining here, women get more rights
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-15-2015 at 17:05.

Member thankful for this post:

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

It's a joke. Women can be elected to local councils whose responsibilities are (not include, but are) "streets, public gardens and rubbish collection".

Hahahaha, my climate change sources were from legit sources, but of course it's all buzzfeed when you don't agree.

And of course the Christian Science Monitor which was sourced by wikipedia on FGM in Saudi Arabia is just a subsidiary of buzzfeed!

Real question is,
    Why you mad though?

Actually, they're now in a position where they can criticize ministers. "Gardening and rubbish" is the primary function of municipalities anyway, it's pointless to trash it based on that. There are more women in the Saudi parliament than congress:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vocati...b_8812762.html

The voters are pretty much all women so it's only a matter of time before real change happens because of this. Think about it, if it was about to happen in Yemen before the Saudi intervention, it's very likely it will happen here. I doubt anybody here has even met a Saudi women to know how much pride these people have in their culture, go ahead and ask them if they need your help lol. A Saudi women just won a lawsuit against the CPVPV (Sharia police) and that was unheard of years ago. Basically, Shura council is becoming more powerful for having the more educated side of ksa do some work.

Bringing up FGM to a Saudi women is like asking a country boy if he ever borked his sister. Saying climate change caused the conflict in Syria when pretty much the entire region relies on desalination plants, imported water, and a few hot springs here and there just seems that you got your head up your ass. All due respect.
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 12-15-2015 at 22:31.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Fragony is right, it's a step in the right direction.

A small step though. The triumphalism in the original post is misplaced. Still, good for those women.

In Rome slaves could own slaves...
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

How are people in the UK treating women lately?

http://www.vice.com/read/bullying-vi...lamophobia-631

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

You mean how are they treating Muslim women, especially those who cover their faces?

In some cases very badly, it's a national disgrace.

However, this is a specific prejudice and as much as anything women are the focus because they are more visible.

So it's not a valid comparison.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Saying climate change caused the conflict in Syria when pretty much the entire region relies on desalination plants, imported water, and a few hot springs here and there just seems that you got your head up your ass. All due respect.
    Incorrect. Desalination has had almost no presence in Syria. Syria and Trans-Jordan are heavily reliant on dwindling ground-water sources.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PFH
    So it's not a valid comparison.
    Well first off they are women, educated British women for the most part. Second is that Saudi Arabia itself doesn't treat its veilless women this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency
    Incorrect. Desalination has had almost no presence in Syria. Syria and Trans-Jordan are heavily reliant on dwindling ground-water sources.
    My bad. Syria and trans Jordan are exceptions. However, climate change is not an important factor in causing the war in Syria.

If you wear a niqaab you deserve to be discriminated, not a person anymore but only two eyes. Being an outcast is a choice. I will not harm them but I am not calling an ambulance should they need one eitther.
    Last edited by Fragony; 12-16-2015 at 08:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    If you wear a niqaab you deserve to be discriminated, not a person anymore but only two eyes. Being an outcast is a choice. I will not harm them but I am not calling an ambulance should they need one eitther.
    You are starting to repeat yourself. Try fire fighters next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Try finding where I repeat myself in this context eastblock-squarehead, vodka is on me. Want some lemon with it, feel free to pick them you even get payed to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Try finding where I repeat myself in this context eastblock-squarehead, vodka is on me. Want some lemon with it, feel free to pick them you even get payed to do it
    Vitiate Man.

Want some lemon with it, feel free to pick them you even get payed to do it
    I envy you. You get paid to drink vodka while other people pay to do that.

As forfinding your quote, my memory (unburdened by vodka) serves me quite OK. It was in the same discussion about face-covering, although in a different thread.
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 12-16-2015 at 13:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast