Thread: Terror Attempt in Preston!

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Default Terror Attempt in Preston!

Terror attack in the UK!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6777976.html

No? Not heard anything about it? How strange... I wonder why.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Blog Entries

Default Re: Terror Attack: 130 Dead in Paris

Because it didn't really do anything?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-toilets.html

Shoppers had to be evacuated from the Fishergate Shopping Centre after a member of the public found the incendiary device - described as "crude" - in a bin in the men's toilets.

Police said the device ignited at around 9.10am on Thursday, but caused no real damage and no injuries.
    The impression given is that the bomb wasnt even powerful enough to blow up the bin it was found in.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Detective Chief Inspector Jill Johnston, from Preston Police, said: “We are treating this as a criminal investigation and while the motivation for this incident remains unclear at this stage, we believe this device has been left there deliberately and did have the potential to cause serious injury if it had exploded.”

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Blog Entries

Ok, ok, mr I-can-read, I get it.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post

Ok, ok, mr I-can-read, I get it.
    Are you honestly, hand-on-heart saying that if that was done by Mr Abdullah, it would not be front page news, and you and Frag would not be adding it to your Greate Chronycle of the Warr with ye Mohammetans?
    Last edited by Idaho; 12-18-2015 at 22:28.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Blog Entries

No... I was saying that I admit I misread the article and I am embarrassed i missed something so obvious as "it could have been bad if someone was caught in the blast"

I have no idea where you got that idea, especially because we dont know that this guy isnt muslim. You do know that there are white muslims in Britain right? They are extremely rare compared to their arabian counterparts but they do exist.

Actually I am somewhat confused at the sequence of events. The telegraph says the bomb was found in a bin and it did go off but caused no damage, so why is that detective talking like it didnt go off and could have been dangerous if it did?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 12-19-2015 at 01:47.

I remember when someone planted a bomb at the store I used to work at, the news never even showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Actually I am somewhat confused at the sequence of events. The telegraph says the bomb was found in a bin and it did go off but caused no damage, so why is that detective talking like it didnt go off and could have been dangerous if it did?
    Apparently it was an unreliable design and while it did ignite, it did not blow up the way it was intended to. The way I read it, the intended explosion, had it worked correctly, would have been a bit bigger.

There was an incident in Germany where islamists placed bombs with gas containers on a train but they also didn't explode because the design was bad.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Sounds like a (dumb) prank