Thread: Apply for authorization(battlefield environment)

Thumbs down Apply for authorization(battlefield environment)

My friend mahailong008 translated EB2 into Chinese, and vigorously primoted your work in China. Here is the link to the Chinese patch: http://www.1mod.org/thread-125720-1-1.html
    He spent three years working with his partners, and completed a Chinese themed Medieval 2 mod called Chu and Han. It is set during third century BC, near the end of Qin Dynasty. It focuses on recreating the conflicts between the states of Chu and Han, with an emphasis on historical accuracy. Here is its ModDB page... http://www.moddb.com/mods/chu-and-han-total-war

Of course, I did not introduce this mod to you in order to promote it. Instead, I would like to ask the EB2 development team for permission to use some of your assets. EB2's battlefield environment is undoubtedly the greatest of all Medieval 2 mods. We admire your efforts, and would like to ask for EB2 dev team's permission to use the battlefield environment of EB2. Thank you!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Apply for authorization(battlefield environment)

Could anyone of the team respond to this?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

No one can give me answer it?

Hello Max. Yes I already answered in your thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    We have started discussion and are just in the process of contacting the guy who is responsible for and designed all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Hello Max. Yes I already answered in your thread.
    Thank Z3n, not final discussion result?

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

In case you did not get any further information via other channels as of yet consider the following:

Not everything relating to the battle environments in our mod is made by us, some is from other mods and for certain models made outside of the modding community only rights to use were granted. Hence we need to look at what we can and can't loan out and who the persons to contact and ask are. Some discussion on what is wanted might also be needed to be done. I'm currently not involved, but those that were involved, but I do know that some of the creators of the battlefield models are not (that) active at the moment and thus it might take awhile before they respond as well.

I hope my post is somewhat clear, I'm half a sleep as we speak err... type.

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    In case you did not get any further information via other channels as of yet consider the following:

Not everything relating to the battle environments in our mod is made by us, some is from other mods and for certain models made outside of the modding community only rights to use were granted. Hence we need to look at what we can and can't loan out and who the persons to contact and ask are. Some discussion on what is wanted might also be needed to be done. I'm currently not involved, but those that were involved, but I do know that some of the creators of the battlefield models are not (that) active at the moment and thus it might take awhile before they respond as well.

I hope my post is somewhat clear, I'm half a sleep as we speak err... type.
    Thank you for your advice, I understand.