Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: SYRIA thread

Default Re: Syria

A new player is on the rise!

The New Syrian Army, campaigning in search for glory and democracy, attacked from the Kingdom of Jordan against daesh positions in South Eastern Syria. It's a totally new group, full of liberal Syrian students that love social-democracy and wish for freedom of religion.

I am slightly confused though.
    Originally we liked the Free Syrians, but then it turned out that they liked burqas more than us.

Then, we started to like the Democratic Syrians (who were actually Kurds and not Arabs), until our NATO colleague began to bomb them a bit and they allied with the Soviets and Assad, the notorious cogwheel of the Axis of Evil.

So, now do we like the New guys? What if they fight with our former friends, like the Democratic chaps tried to murder the Free rascals. Is anyone worried that we are running out of catchy names for our proxies?
    How should we call the next group, if the Newbies are proven to be too religious or Soviet-Iranian-North Korean-Cthulhu-friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post

I am slightly confused though.
    Originally we liked the Free Syrians, but then it turned out that they liked burqas more than us.

Then, we started to like the Democratic Syrians (who were actually Kurds and not Arabs), until our NATO colleague began to bomb them a bit and they allied with the Soviets and Assad, the notorious cogwheel of the Axis of Evil.

So, now do we like the New guys?
    Local traditions of Syria allow you to like up to four paramours simultaneously. Go ahead and use the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

We didn't understand the situation. (For us it's understandable because we're not there and we get the wrong information). Countries have misunderstood numerous times in the past about the other regions. And so they made the wrong decisions and the wrong policies.

The Kurds are joining the Russians and Assad after being attacked by Turkey. Also, Turkey and the Kurds aren't getting along so it's quite convenient for the Kurds to join the side (Russia) who's also not getting along with Turkey. NATO is still on Turkey's side, so the Kurds expect more help from Russia when it comes to Turkey. Both have common enemies, which includes ISIS.
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 03-05-2016 at 17:11.
    Wooooo!!!

I'm undecided between:
    a) Finally they're fixing their own country.
    b) Yet another ME group that wants power and to kill one another.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

The New Syrian Army, campaigning in search for glory and democracy, attacked from the Kingdom of Jordan against daesh positions in South Eastern Syria. It's a totally new group, full of liberal Syrian students that love social-democracy and wish for freedom of religion.
    Coming out of Jordan means they're US backed. I don't think much is gonna change.

I don't think anyone should be quick to root for these guys. The article says they were a subfaction of the FSA.

Seems like an opportunistic move from FSA big wigs to present a decent enough counterpoint to Assad. Their parent organization (Jabhat al Tanmiya wal Islah) is fishy, with a vague charter and not a whole lot to say about religious freedom.

Any group that's not willing to settle for less than the eradication of the standing army of the Syrian Arab Republic is not a politically prudent group, and is probably heavily influenced by non-Syrians.

Member thankful for this post:

They already lost the border crossing to daesh.

The New ones don't seem to have a long life expectancy. So any thoughts on this?
    Should we root for the Renovated Syrians, the Originals or Syria 2.0?

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Kinda reminds me of this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3499_1229114567116091_4216062265363972771_n.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	17808

If I had to guess, he will leave his anti-air defenses in the country to prevent a no-fly zone from being established. This way he can return if needed as it is not a complete withdrawal.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Beskar 

I think putin wants legimitate peace agreement he has ordered to troops to leave or threaten to leave in so that Assad will actually be sincere in the geneva talks, yes he'll leave the S400 SAAM missiles to prevent a Turkey or Saudi aggression.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...x-obama-220745

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardo View Post
    I think putin wants legimitate peace agreement he has ordered to troops to leave or threaten to leave in so that Assad will actually be sincere in the geneva talks, yes he'll leave the S400 SAAM missiles to prevent a Turkey or Saudi aggression.
    If either decides on a campaign, no missiles will stop them.

Palmyra, both the ancient and the modern one, is free at last, thanks to the valiant efforts of the Syrian Arab Army and its Iranian and Russian allies. Syrian archaeologists are moderately optimist about the prospects of restoring the site to its former glory.

Humanity owes a big thank you to the brave Syrian soldiers, Iranian guards and Russian commandos for their heroic service. It is estimated that more than 400 daesh were killed in the offensive.

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

Don't worry. Some Western "Experts" will come soon enough to explain how, in fact, Putin' strategy is completely failing...
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Quote Originally Posted by Brenus View Post
    Don't worry. Some Western "Experts" will come soon enough to explain how, in fact, Putin' strategy is completely failing...
    He had promised to destroy ISIS and withdrew in half a year (or proclaimed withdrawal giving the successful accomplishment of the mission as a reason), yet ISIS is alive and kicking - and even reaches out for Belgium. So it is safe to assume that destroying ISIS was not his purpose, whatever he might have stated.

"He had promised to destroy ISIS" Can you give a link? I try but cannot find Putin's promises on the net. Thanks.

"So it is safe to assume that destroying ISIS was not his purpose, whatever he might have stated." With this statement, do you apply it it all country that have pledge, according to you, the same thing and didn't, USA being one of the first?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-hostage.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-weight.html
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"

"He had promised to destroy ISIS" Can you give a link? I try but cannot find Putin's promises on the net. Thanks.
    http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/50401

The only real way to fight international terrorism (and international terrorist groups are creating chaos in Syria and the territory of neighbouring countries right now) is to take the initiative and fight and destroy the terrorists in the territory they have already captured rather than waiting for them to arrive on our soil.
    Not that it contains the words "I promise", but it forwards the purpose of Russian mission in Syria - to destroy terrorists. Were they all destroyed?

Further on in Putin's speech:

First, we will support the Syrian army only in its lawful fight against terrorist groups.
    Judging from what Russians did in Syria, he has a weird understanding of who terrorists are. He includes Sunni opposition into that category, yet Hezbollah is out of it.

Second, our support will be limited to airstrikes and will not involve ground operations.
    No groud operation?
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...an-involvement
    Flying tanks and guns?

Third, our support will have a limited timeframe and will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive.
    Assad captured Palmira AFTER Putin had proclaimed withdrawal.

"So it is safe to assume that destroying ISIS was not his purpose, whatever he might have stated." With this statement, do you apply it it all country that have pledge, according to you, the same thing and didn't, USA being one of the first?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-hostage.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-weight.html
    I just wanted to say that fighting ISIS wasn't the reason why Putin started his Syrian operation.

"Given these circumstances, we naturally have no intention of getting deeply entangled in this conflict. We will act strictly in accordance with our set mission. First, we will support the Syrian army only in its lawful fight against terrorist groups. Second, our support will be limited to airstrikes and will not involve ground operations. Third, our support will have a limited timeframe and will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive" First of all, thanks for the link.
    Second, where is the passage of "He had promised to destroy ISIS and withdrew in half a year"? Limited frame work? or "will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive"
    This is the core of most of your contributions. You just don't read them and most of the time your links show exactly the reverse of what you are saying...

"Not that it contains the words "I promise", but it forwards the purpose of Russian mission in Syria - to destroy terrorists. Were they all destroyed?" So he didn't promise, and there is no time frame, so the objective is still valid. Are the terrorists still there, yes, but again, as stated in his speech, it is in helping Assad. So, your point is invalid.

"He includes Sunni opposition into that category, yet Hezbollah is out of it." That is politic, and Hezbollah is actually not fighting the legitimate government of Syria, Saudis' sponsored terrorists groups are... He is technically right.

"No ground operation?" Yeah, and? This is not related to the actual discussion. Does Putin sometimes lie, exaggerate, manipulate? Yes, as all politicians...

"Assad captured Palmira AFTER Putin had proclaimed withdrawal." That is even better for Putin as it proves his strategy (long term) worked.

"I just wanted to say that fighting ISIS wasn't the reason why Putin started his Syrian operation" Yeap, he wants to keep his access to Mediterranean sea, to obliged the Western Powers to speak to him and forget about Crimea, and various others reasons.
    However, the same can be said for others...

Second, where is the passage of "He had promised to destroy ISIS and withdrew in half a year"? Limited frame work? or "will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive"
    This is the core of most of your contributions. You just don't read them and most of the time your links show exactly the reverse of what you are saying...
    "Not that it contains the words "I promise", but it forwards the purpose of Russian mission in Syria - to destroy terrorists. Were they all destroyed?" So he didn't promise, and there is no time frame, so the objective is still valid. Are the terrorists still there, yes, but again, as stated in his speech, it is in helping Assad. So, your point is invalid.
    This is the core of your reaction - to misinterpret (whether intentionally, or because of inability to comprehend grammar) what I said. Now I repeat: he had promised to destroy ISIS and withrdew in half a year. Your reading: he promised to destroy ISIS and to withdraw in half a year. Don't you see the difference between the first sentence where two successive actions are described and the second one where two infinitives specify the promise? Thus, I never claimed Putin set any timeframe for his operation. So your criticism is invalid.

"He includes Sunni opposition into that category, yet Hezbollah is out of it." That is politic, and Hezbollah is actually not fighting the legitimate government of Syria, Saudis' sponsored terrorists groups are... He is technically right.

"No ground operation?" Yeah, and? This is not related to the actual discussion. Does Putin sometimes lie, exaggerate, manipulate? Yes, as all politicians...

"Assad captured Palmira AFTER Putin had proclaimed withdrawal." That is even better for Putin as it proves his strategy (long term) worked.
    All this was meant to say that Putin hasn't reached the goals he had claimed to set which amounts to an ostensible failure. The conclusion from the hypothetical experts that you denied.

"I just wanted to say that fighting ISIS wasn't the reason why Putin started his Syrian operation" Yeap, he wants to keep his access to Mediterranean sea, to obliged the Western Powers to speak to him and forget about Crimea, and various others reasons.
    Yeah, they totally forgot about the Crimea:http://www.kyivpost.com/article/opin...ea-410786.html
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 03-28-2016 at 13:05.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    This is the core of your reaction - to misinterpret (whether intentionally, or because of inability to comprehend grammar) what I said. Now I repeat: he had promised to destroy ISIS and withrdew in half a year. Your reading: he promised to destroy ISIS and to withdraw in half a year. Don't you see the difference between the first sentence where two successive actions are described and the second one where two infinitives specify the promise? Thus, I never claimed Putin set any timeframe for his operation. So your criticism is invalid.

All this was meant to say that Putin hasn't reached the goals he had claimed to set which amounts to an ostensible failure. The conclusion from the hypothetical experts that you denied.

Yeah, they totally forgot about the Crimea:http://www.kyivpost.com/article/opin...ea-410786.html
    You seem to think that politics has absolute goals that have to be satisfied or else is deemed a failure. Barring election to power and similar votes, everything else has degrees of success and failure. As long as he gets what he wants, and I doubt it's destroying iSIS or anything he says for public consumption, then much of everything else can go hang. Assad in power is the key to what he wants, so he'll prop him up for as long as it suits Russia's purposes. Bombing ISIS is the publicly acceptable face of this aim, so that's what he emphasises. I doubt he really bothers too much with the Muslim world other than Chechnya and other Muslim states that Russia claims influence in. The west would do well to learn from this kind of cynicism, rather than dive in toppling dictators willy nilly without a thought for what is likely to come after.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    You seem to think that politics has absolute goals that have to be satisfied or else is deemed a failure. Barring election to power and similar votes, everything else has degrees of success and failure. As long as he gets what he wants, and I doubt it's destroying iSIS or anything he says for public consumption, then much of everything else can go hang. Assad in power is the key to what he wants, so he'll prop him up for as long as it suits Russia's purposes. Bombing ISIS is the publicly acceptable face of this aim, so that's what he emphasises.
    I don't deny Putin's current success at propping up Assad and showing the world that he is to be reckoned with. I point at the failure of the ostensible goal he proclaimed. His backing out now (if it really will happen) looks as if the British and Americans after liberating France in 1944 stopped at the border with Germany and said: "OK, we have reached our goal. The tables have turned and the spine of the enemy is broken. Our mission is complete."

"he had promised to destroy ISIS and withrdew in half a year." You can repeat it as much as you want. In the text you link he didn't. Period. There is no mention of 6 months, there is a mention of destruction of ISIS as long term goal. Again, Putin's speech: "First, we will support the Syrian army only in its lawful fight against terrorist groups. Second, our support will be limited to airstrikes and will not involve ground operations. Third, our support will have a limited timeframe and will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive"
    And you translated in "He had promised to destroy ISIS and withdrew in half a year". Well done...

"All this was meant to say that Putin hasn't reached the goals he had claimed to set which amounts to an ostensible failure. The conclusion from the hypothetical experts that you denied.". So ISIS is on the run at Palmyra but it is Putin's failure. Well, few failures like this and hopefully ISIS will finish in the bin of History... And again, Putin did not set up goals, not in the text you linked, only in your fertile imagination...
    You failed again to back-up your claim in "He had promised to destroy ISIS and withdrew in half a year". I know you are a great believer in truth by repetition, even against all evidences...
    Last edited by Brenus; 03-28-2016 at 16:56.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    I don't deny Putin's current success at propping up Assad and showing the world that he is to be reckoned with. I point at the failure of the ostensible goal he proclaimed. His backing out now (if it really will happen) looks as if the British and Americans after liberating France in 1944 stopped at the border with Germany and said: "OK, we have reached our goal. The tables have turned and the spine of the enemy is broken. Our mission is complete."
    Things are different and more clearcut when dealing with cohesive nation states. The occupation of Iraq is a lesson in how ill-defined objectives led by well meaning ideals lead to endless mission redefinition. Unlike us, Putin isn't an idealistic idiot. He has something limited in mind. he aims for it, and gets gone after he gets it.

"he had promised to destroy ISIS and withrdew in half a year." You can repeat it as much as you want. In the text you link he didn't. Period. There is no mention of 6 months, there is a mention of destruction of ISIS as long term goal. Again, Putin's speech: "First, we will support the Syrian army only in its lawful fight against terrorist groups. Second, our support will be limited to airstrikes and will not involve ground operations. Third, our support will have a limited timeframe and will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive"
    And you translated in "He had promised to destroy ISIS and withdrew in half a year". Well done...You failed again to back-up your claim in "He had promised to destroy ISIS and withdrew in half a year". I know you are a great believer in truth by repetition, even against all evidences...
    Once again: just make a mental effort and use the limited knowledge of English grammar you still are in possession of. Now nice and slow I will explain in a foolproof way.

What I said about Putin: He promised to destroy ISIS. Period. Half a year elapsed and he withdrew. Period. ISIS is still not destroyed. Period. He didn't do what he had claimed.

I admit that I interpreted too broadly his promise to destroy terrorists equalling it to the promise to destroy ISIS. But I NEVER said that Putin set a definite timeframe (half a year or otherwise) for his operation in Syria. I just pointed to the time that has passed since Putin promised to destroy terrorists (and he said NOTHING about half a year).

"All this was meant to say that Putin hasn't reached the goals he had claimed to set which amounts to an ostensible failure. The conclusion from the hypothetical experts that you denied.". So ISIS is on the run at Palmyra but it is Putin's failure. Well, few failures like this and hopefully ISIS will finish in the bin of History...
    Dream on. Why didn't Putin proceed with his successful strategy if everything was going on so fine? Why didn't he push ISIS on? Besides other reasons (like rumored availability of Stingers to Sunni opposition and deplorable financial situation in Russia: http://www.unian.info/economics/1289...emergency.html) it is evident that he is interested in ISIS still present where it is. It is a source of Europe's destabilization and he hopes that under the burden of immigration deluge and under the threat of new terroristic attacks Europe will resume cooperation with him and lift sanctions.

And again, Putin did not set up goals, not in the text you linked, only in your fertile imagination...

First, we will support the Syrian army only in its lawful fight against terrorist groups. Second, our support will be limited to airstrikes and will not involve ground operations. Third, our support will have a limited timeframe and will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive"

And those are not the goals that Putin set?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir
    What I said about Putin: He promised to destroy ISIS. Period. Half a year elapsed and he withdrew. Period. ISIS is still not destroyed. Period. He didn't do what he had claimed.
    By saying Russia's mission was accomplished in Syria after the fact, he openly admitted that destroying IS was pure fantasy. It was hardly in his radar.

If we believe every word that comes out of a scumbag politician's head, every mission would be a failure.

Let's see how YOU do it:

She leaked documents from the Court (where she was employed) in order to make her point (pro-Croat one).
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8253992.stm
    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    One of Fragony's many linked news stories specifically said she mentioned the documents but did not leak them. Your link mentions it, too. She did not leak them, merely said that they exist and should be leaked. However, I guess it shows that she was not good at keeping those two jobs either way.
    So much for ME not reading MY links.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    By saying Russia's mission was accomplished in Syria after the fact, he openly admitted that destroying IS was pure fantasy. It was hardly in his radar.

If we believe every word that comes out of a scumbag politician's head, every mission would be a failure.
    I realize that. It would be good if some people here and in the world generally (and in Europe specifically) realized that too before they say that the West needs Putin to fight terrorism.

"She leaked documents from the Court (where she was employed) in order to make her point (pro-Croat one)." Thanks to illustrate what I am saying!!!!! You put together two parts of sentences I wrote but were not related... it is how you read things.

"He promised to destroy ISIS" No he didn't. Just show me the sentence where he said it, it is very simple. I find some, but in context, it means he will fight ISIS. Of course, with your methods of copy and paste parts of sentences (see above) unrelated then to make-up a story, I am sure you can do it...
    "Half a year elapsed and he withdrew." As he said he would, yes (roughly, as he never gave a time frame).
    " ISIS is still not destroyed" As he never said he will be, where is the problem?
    "He didn't do what he had claimed" Which he did only in for very limited imagination (I know, I contradict myself, as I said previously you had a fertile one, But it was a wrong assessment)...
    You came for "he promised to destroy ISIS and left after 6 months" pretending he failed on his own goals. However, tell me if I am wrong, Russian troops are still there no?

"Thus, I never claimed Putin set any timeframe for his operation" So, your claim is invalid, as Russians troops are still helping Assad's regime, so the fight against ISIS is still on-going, so you look as most of the time, .....

"First, we will support the Syrian army only in its lawful fight against terrorist groups. Second, our support will be limited to airstrikes and will not involve ground operations. Third, our support will have a limited timeframe and will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive" Well, it looks to me that is exactly what Russia is doing, no? Even Boris Johnson had to agree with this... Support Syrian Army for a limited period of time, then will continue to help... So where is the failure there?

What I find funny is you hate so much Russians that you wish ISIS to win, somehow, if its defeat would be a Putin's success..

About Florence Hartman, she did leaks documents:
    http://www.icty.org/x/cases/contempt...artmann_en.pdf
    "knowingly and willingly disclosing information in knowing violation of an order of a Chamber".
    http://srebrenica-genocide.blogspot....r-telling.html
    Sorry Husar...

Last edited by Lizardo; 03-31-2016 at 20:31.

"She leaked documents from the Court (where she was employed) in order to make her point (pro-Croat one)." Thanks to illustrate what I am saying!!!!! You put together two parts of sentences I wrote but were not related... it is how you read things.
    I didn't put anything together, I quoted your post from a different thread. Show me the two initial sentences of yours that were put together by me.

"He promised to destroy ISIS" No he didn't. Just show me the sentence where he said it, it is very simple. I find some, but in context, it means he will fight ISIS. Of course, with your methods of copy and paste parts of sentences (see above) unrelated then to make-up a story, I am sure you can do it...
    "Half a year elapsed and he withdrew." As he said he would, yes (roughly, as he never gave a time frame).
    " ISIS is still not destroyed" As he never said he will be, where is the problem?
    I equated "destroying terrorism" with "destroying ISIS" in his speech. If it is a mistake, I admit it.

Yet Putin didn't destroy either. So he failed on the "destroy terrorists" promise as well.

You came for "he promised to destroy ISIS and left after 6 months" pretending he failed on his own goals. However, tell me if I am wrong, Russian troops are still there no?
    ... which kinda shows one more failed promise of Putin - to withdraw from Syria. No?

What I find funny is you hate so much Russians that you wish ISIS to win, somehow, if its defeat would be a Putin's success..
    We have been through it and yet you rattle on with this poppycock of yours.

I have said more than once that I don't hate Russians (nor Russia, by the way). My father is half-Russian, thus I have Russian blood in me and numerous relatives in Russia. Moreover, me and my wife's family have a few friends there.

What I hate is the way Russia is run now. Having such a neighbor close at hand is much worse than seeing the atrocities of ISIS somewhere over there since Russia's policies affect my daily life, which I can't say of ISIS.

"I didn't put anything together, I quoted your post from a different thread." True. My mistake

"I equated "destroying terrorism" with "destroying ISIS" in his speech. If it is a mistake, I admit it." You still failed to produce the sentence where he promised to destroy terrorism as an actual promise. If not, time are not over yet, so he still have plenty of it to fufill his "promise".

"which kinda shows one more failed promise of Putin - to withdraw from Syria. No?" Except of course he never did, as shown by the "will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive" of the sentence. So, no.

"which I can't say of ISIS" Which is reverse for me.

An other abject defeat for Putin:
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-isis-in-syria
    Last edited by Brenus; 04-03-2016 at 18:32.

"I equated "destroying terrorism" with "destroying ISIS" in his speech. If it is a mistake, I admit it." You still failed to produce the sentence where he promised to destroy terrorism as an actual promise. If not, time are not over yet, so he still have plenty of it to fufill his "promise".
    From the same speech by Putin:
    The only real way to fight international terrorism (and international terrorist groups are creating chaos in Syria and the territory of neighbouring countries right now) is to take the initiative and fight and destroy the terrorists in the territory they have already captured rather than waiting for them to arrive on our soil.

And these words I understood as "we will destroy terrorists in Syria". What is your reading of them?

"which kinda shows one more failed promise of Putin - to withdraw from Syria. No?" Except of course he never did, as shown by the "will continue only while the Syrian army conducts its anti-terrorist offensive" of the sentence. So, no.
    From: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/14/wo...ia-withdrawal/

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced Monday that he has ordered Russian forces to begin withdrawing from Syria, saying they have achieved their goals in the country.

It was not a promise, but an order. So, yes.

Did you read the very first sentence of the article you linked to?

The two powers are working to liberate the Islamic State stronghold of Raqqa, says Russian deputy foreign minister

Russian officials are anything but a source of reliable information. Until their American counterparts confirm it, I will consider it a wishful thinking on the part of Russia.

But you, Brutus... sorry, Brenus. Such a well-versed person in propaganda techniques ought to know better than to believe a flagrantly biased source.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast