Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMTW 1.6

Default Re: PMTW 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by zweihander View Post
    Thank you, Stazi

They look cool in game, but seems they are unfinish:
    When I 'drag' an army, the army graphic becomes the western unit
    When the faction leader go to another province, the leader graphic becomes the western leader
    Maybe I missed one file. Check this Pagan_fix_full.rar
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Could you add the download with a screenshot to the finished unit animation thread?

This way users can find it easier.

BTW I've found the Orthodox music. Found it in the web after a long search, because my copy was lost.

Sadly it requires changes in the startpos files so I cannot upload it today, but I will add it soon.

Cegorach, could you weaken Russia a bit, at least in the early and high campaign? Russia is too powerful and aggressive, every time about 40+ turns after the begining of the campaign, Russia eliminate Poland and then get into Germany… Doesn't like the renaissance Russia IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zweihander View Post
    Cegorach, could you weaken Russia a bit, at least in the early and high campaign? Russia is too powerful and aggressive, every time about 40+ turns after the begining of the campaign, Russia eliminate Poland and then get into Germany… Doesn't like the renaissance Russia IMO.
    Only one thing will be changed i.e. their militia with axes which is too easy to get. The rest is fine, including very aggressive policy - sadly AI doesn't calculate auto battles well so vast numbers of relatively weak troops show results.

The idea was to make playing non-russian factions more interesting and to allow Russia to create large armies from a base of very few provinces. It is fine be me and makes game interesting.

Besides the entire XVIth century is full of examples of quite amazing victories against Russia - of Poland-Lithuania, of the Tartars and of Livonia so they should stay amazing and difficult in game.

I found a Russian site which contains a lot of Renaissance units' image, may be useful to make Unit Info pictures:
    http://imtw.ru/topic/7710-%D0%BF%D0%...5%D0%BD%D0%B8/
    http://imtw.ru/topic/11778-%D0%BC%D0...8%D1%8F%D1%85/
    Last edited by zweihander; 03-16-2016 at 04:28.

Nice find!

I have seen the majority - mainly from Osprey books I have seen or even actually bought (about 20), but there are some I have seen for the first time.

A bit quiet week so I'll add that I am working on a set of colonial structures for Courland.

Unlike other colonial structures their set of buildings will not require a colonial resource because I see no reason to have it in the Baltic Sea.

Nothing too fancy, but at least something new.

Good to hear new stuffs!
    I'm still waiting for Imperator's files.

Cegorach, when will the landsknecht units(except the armoured-pikeman disappear in the game?

I found some referance of the difference between early(late 15c - early 16c) and late(mid 16c - late 16c) landskenct from a book called Geschichte des Kostüms published in 1905:

early:

late:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geschichtedeskos02rose_0239 (1).jpg 
Views:	3080 
Size:	508.4 KB 
ID:	17838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geschichtedeskos02rose_0235.jpg 
Views:	2749 
Size:	349.6 KB 
ID:	17839  

I thought about c. 1572. After that period any remaining units will slowly disappear through battle losses so it seems acceptable.

I'll try to find more space in the unit file for the first campaign. I am thinking about cutting some 'modern' units from the file.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

cześć!

It's good to see this back on the development track after my long absence from the Org! Just been reading a biography of Prince Rupert, and was filled with an irresistible urge to play PMTW again... so have re-installed 1.5 (sure I must have had 1.6 at one time, but a major computer death lost that along with all my stuff for Ancient :-( )

Anything I can help with, let me know!

Gotta dash, the Venetians are giving me trouble in my Granada campaign.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Hi!

I am a bit busy with taxes, work and other stuff, but it should be less tense in the next week.

I actually have your mod on my HDD and played it a couple of times in the previous months. Very good work so it was a pleasure.

I'd say that the biggest obstacle is the new map. Details are in other threads, but this is something we'd really need help - at least I would.

Creating empty (of units and structures) startpos file and dealing with major graphic files would be all what is actually necessary.

Many factions rely on new provinces and it would allow us to start with testing.

Even modified 1.5 would serve this purpose well, at least the people willing to play the mod would have something to do and I am sure they would enjoy the change.

Let me know if you can do anything, if not - no worries, we will deal with that eventually.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

I need to gather together all the tools I need for image work, but once I have that I should be able to get back up to speed. I'll run through the other threads, then, to see where you are with maps etc.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying the PMTW experience all over again... I love the way the factions are so distinct, and you never know what troops you're going the be able to recruit (if any!) in conquered provinces.

Don't remind me about taxes, I have to get my returns done as well...
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

It seems that the forum is so quiet since April, sorry that no more progress on unit sprites because I still haven't recive the model files from Imperator.

Any news from @cegorach and @Stazi ?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Poland is into the Euro quarterfinals.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12