Thread: bad Patton21, war story

Sorry guys for my tiraid. I just played a flat ground 8888 koku battle. Knowing full well my opponent would munk rush me, i selected high honor ys and put them on hold formation and position. I had to 4h wm units also. On my right flank i had high honor nodachi badasses. My opponent obliqued left and tried to attack my right flank the nodachi badasses held him in check while my ys did the same down the line. I flanked his exposed right flank with a WM unit and YS. My YC took his taisho in the rear. To make a long battle short, my flanking units crushed him while my MLR (main line of resistance) held him.I had him surrounded and I crushed his all WM pussy army. No offense I like pussy. He He thats kinda innapropriate. Anyway my confidence in STW is restored and I apologize for my previous tirade. Patton21 is humbled.

------------------
    The bastard
    The bastard

Greetings,
    How did you line up your Yari Samurai. I have tried the approach you mention (holding the monks with a unit in hold formation and close while I flank), but my samurai tend to start wavering fast and rout soon afterwards. How many lines deep did you set them up etc? I usually get a 75% success rate and am trying to improve it so was wondering what you did.

Thanks in advance,
    -J

I set my YS in ten across and six deep. They are on hold formation and hold position. THey are also honor six. The wm will not bust their way through very fast. I flanked his units and caused a major route. I also had guns firing on his attacking units.
    The bastard

------------------
    "It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it!"
    It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it

Quote Originally posted by Patton21:
    I set my YS in ten across and six deep. They are on hold formation and hold position. THey are also honor six. The wm will not bust their way through very fast. I flanked his units and caused a major route. I also had guns firing on his attacking units. [/QUOTE]

Hmm, I think the guns might have made a big difference as well then. I can usually get the monks to rout with the use of guns.

Thanks,
    -J

yeppppppp i think guns could well of won the day!!

------------------
    Hato!!!
    genie of the lands!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword