Thread: Initial reaction

Default Initial reaction

It seems like a good mod so far. I like the regional barracks option, and once the Marius changes arrive (which I believe do arrive too quickly, I had them in 254 BC), the fact that I only have Early Legionary Cohort. Also the ability to train Equites after the Marius changes, instead of getting different cavalry. One question, does my decision to Romanize or not affect the regional troop training ability; in other words, if I have a regional barracks, will I still be able to train those troops if I romanize, and will I have the option to Romanize and therefore train my ELC everywhere, or not?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Default Re: Initial reaction

Update on my Rome campaign in RTR. Going OK, but Sicily does not like me, all three towns I took kicked me out. I will need to exterminate next time. I have a crash when I end turn in 224 BC, it has crashed three straight times, so I can't get past it. I will try to get past it again later on.

update: unresolvable crash. It will not get past the end turn, as of 5/12/16.
    Last edited by Vincent Butler; 05-17-2016 at 01:36. Reason: updating efforts
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

Default Re: Initial reaction

Started another Roman campaign. Had a Greek fleet blockading Rhegium. I went to attack them, they had zero men in the fleet. So I right-clicked the fleet unit in the window where I choose to autoresolve, and it was a unit of Phalanx Pikemen. Weird.
    Oh. When you start a campaign as the Hellenic Kingdoms, your diplomat starts at the very bottom of the screen in Africa. Your closest settlement is Cyrene, but it takes at least five turns for the diplomat to get anywhere near Cyrene. And most of the time you need your top barracks to build your standard Hellenic troops.

Update: Irresolvable crash at 214 BC, after battle vs Gaul. Have fought, and simmed battle, no matter. It crashes during the turns, right after Spain moves.
    Last edited by Vincent Butler; 05-25-2016 at 20:45. Reason: Update