Thread: General dies; lotta men in his unit

I've been having problems with my general dying with as much as 35 guys left. Chivalric Knights and usually against the byz. Custom battle.

Have anyone else's generals felt depressed and decided to end their life early?
    Take off your pants, baby. -Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Dont feel sad my friend in mp my general usualy ends his life just by chasing routers, witch is fine by me.

only problem is that the ppl i rout sumhow feel that if any of them regroup and kill my gen that they automaticaly win. witch leads to accusations of cheating and then a certian false accuser being banned from any SPQR swerver.

ur gen can die and ur men wont always rout.

they only rout if there in combat taking many casualties and then he dies but when my gen dies my men r all back into formation and resting for the next challenge.

so in short just cos ur gen dies dont mean u will lose.
    infact my generals r considered wierd if they cum back alive.

British Army: be the best

Senior Member Senior Member Jacque Schtrapp's Avatar

Umm Knight Yellow sir... I'm handing in my commission as I err... *ulp* don't feel I have the proper uh qualifications for uh leadership.... yeah thats it.

Hear that one often do you?

In single player, the other day, I charged a fresh unit of Byzantine Infantry (a unit of 100 men, containing my general), into the sides of a hobilier unit that was in combat. To my amazement, my general died within 5 seconds of combat. My entire force fled, despite the fact I was facing peasents/spearman/archers, and nothing more advanced. That, is bad luck, and a single game lacking greatly in fun.

~LordKhaine~

It have happen to me too.

But i always keep my gen out of fight but close enuff to encurage the men. If it looks like it will go bad, i send him to flank the enemy, or where hes needed. Usually i never have to use him at all.
    There I see my father.
    There I see my mother, my sisters and brothers.
    There I see my line of ancestors back to the beginning.
    They call on me and ask me to take my place with them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

TheViking a.k.a AggonyViking a.k.a FearTheViking a.k.a WildboarViking

I would think its just random.

In SP I use my general a lot and he doesn't die too often. I have had him "tagged" by stray catapult shots though, and once (ONLY once ) blasted to smithereens by walking in front my own siege cannon as it fired

Ja-mata TosaInu

Try and have royal knights/ghulam cavalry as your generals, usually younger sons of kings with good stats as they have good armour and stay alive longer in a fight. My generals hardly ever die, but then I keep the generals unit as a reserve to put into the fight only as a last resort.
    When war is declared, Truth is the first casualty

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

In SP if your General does not get involved he will soon aquire the "lazy" or "doubtful courage" vice,

so my general always gets involved with the second wave, or charges is just as the enemy are about to break - i try really hard to make sure he gets involved somewhere

BUT,
    every now and then i lose a general, more often than not a catapult or cannon shot,
    and almost always he is the FIRST casualty...
    artillery has no respect for health(hit points) it seems...

I think casualties from artillery are not calculated as randomly as any other type of combat...
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Don't forget that SP Princes/Kings get extra 'lives' so you don't lose them too easily.
    A MP general starts with low valour and doesn't even get any V&Vs to affect its lives either.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...