Thread: & now we are 4 !! - The Supporters WE ARE BACK Thread

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Default & now we are 4 !! - The Supporters WE ARE BACK Thread

Instead of the "where is everybody thread" I feel this is appropriate
    In a matter of 48 hrs , support for Macsen has doubled .
    First Leith has joined the bandwagon & has lovely skinned troops to contribute
    & then Western chimes in , Who has offered his coding & bug busting skills to help out .
    I hope we can all work together as briskly as Macsen has done in the past & again now to bring to life many many new mods & campaigns .

OK ...... I will begin with a brief intro of myself .
    I still enjoy MTW , I do have RTW but its not an improvement AI wise , so enough said .
    In the beginning when Mods started rolling out , it was Hellenic that drew me in , soon after the Bronze age mod was announced but never eventuated , that was until Macsen made it a reality .... it was soon after that we met & I made my first Review Panel Icon

I also followed & enjoyed playing Fall of Rome as it developed & also played Macsen mods along with Italian Wars .
    My skills are at beginners level , but in the past 24 hrs I have made a discovery !!
    By becoming more familiar with Photoshop's powers so im pleased to say I will only take a matter of days to bring to the group here new skinned units & not weeks bordering on months

Anyway , its winter here down under & I look forward to pumping out the new soldiers at a steady pace .
    Feel free & do write a few words about yourselves also .
    Digital Beers to all four of us here at present

cheers

psss ..Mac , when yr inspired do the Intro spiel on the Gandharans & post it , then I will copy & paste it at the top , your descriptions are brilliant & I will condense my write ups on both gandharans & Ionians .
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 07-06-2016 at 10:32.

Default Re: & now we are 4 !! - The Supporters WE ARE BACK Thread

Thank you for creating this thread! I am so pleased to learn of your progress in terms of designing bifs for MTW. I am sure you will be able to do some quality bifs in the near future. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

It was one of the hardest/hottest Ramadans/Summers here in Syria. It's still hot but we can finally drink water whenever we're thirsty :)

MTW together with Dungeon Keeper and Disciples 1 & 2 are my all-time favourite strategy games. I especially like MTW so much so that I made several mods for it and even shared one with the community. It's called "Viking Invasion 3". It was my very first mod and my modding skills have progressed much since then. I started a mod called "Rise of Rome" a few years back but then the war in Syria started and I had to re-adjust my priorities. It's 30/40% complete and the bifs that I have provided on the other thread are taken from that mod. Maybe one day I will finish it. I mean if Mascen is working on a Rise of Persia mod so why not work on The Rise of Rome ? :)

Wow !!
    Yes I do remember the Viking 3 mod ( I like the dark bowman in it ) is he your work ?
    I was going to check too see if it was you who released that .......

Leith , I'm all for the Rise of Rome !! ... lets check it with Macsen ( bringing it in here).
    I have wanted to make this for a very long time along with a Biblical Era mod spanning the whole of Asia "almost".
    Perhaps some stage soon , I can ask the Fall of Rome folks ( if we can find them ) if we can revive that mod also , bring it here in the Ancients section & give it more polish & extra dimension ( the new discovery of stazi ) .

Leith I'm glad all is better for you again & your back !
    Its like magic for us all here so far .

Thank you Dimitrios! The purpose of the Rise of Rome mod is to prove beyond reasonable doubt that MTW is superior to RTW even in the graphical department if enough modders/people are interested.

About that archer....It was taken from Middle Earth Total war BUT I heavily modified it into something better, with faction colours too. I might post a screeny on the thread you wanted to create for artwork.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

You know, I haven't tried Rise of Rome at all... perhaps I should someday, but my hard-drive is crammed at present. I've been thinking about more scenarios to go into ATW3: Roman Wars alongside the Punic Wars and Britannia 43. Had been toying with the Gallic Wars, then there's various Balkan excursions.... ahh, so much history, so little time

Eid Mubarak, Leith, if it's not too late
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 07-06-2016 at 15:51.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Well, the idea came to me while playing HTW. I wondered if an improved version of the HTW engine could beat Rome Total War. Personally I think it's possible. On my own, it will take a very long time to complete but with the help of talented modders it shouldn't take long.

By the way thank you so much. Today is the first day of Eid in Syria so it's not too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith View Post
    About that archer......... I heavily modified it into something better, with faction colours too. I might post a screeny on the thread you wanted to create for artwork.
    Yes Leith , post a screenie or two in the other thread ( its always exciting too see new troops )

Quote Originally Posted by macsen rufus View Post
    You know, I haven't tried Rise of Rome at all... I've been thinking about more scenarios to go into ATW3: Roman Wars alongside the Punic Wars and Britannia 43. Had been toying with the Gallic Wars, then there's various Balkan excursions.... ahh, so much history, so little time
    Mac !! Nobody has tried "The Rise of Rome Mod" yet ,
    its in Leith's pipeline at present , & along with your Roman Campaigns & excursions & maybe
    some of my Roman Era Campaigns to follow once I'm done with my "Magna Graecia Mod"

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Ah, right .... in that case it probably shows I've not even checked the forum threads for it, then
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4