Thread: CULTURAL CONVERSION RATES & REBELS APPEARING IN HOME REGIONS!!!

Default CULTURAL CONVERSION RATES & REBELS APPEARING IN HOME REGIONS!!!

Hi guys,

1) i was wondering why the cultural conversion rates stop rising after i've taken a province. the first few turns it goes up very slightly then it stops and never goes up again. e.g. i took tarentum (town) and for 85 turns now the cultural conversion rate has not increased. ive built all possible structures inside and even have a governor present but this does not seem to improve the conversion rate which is static at 30% for 85 turns now and unrest in the province has remained at 40% never diminishing. This is happening across all my provinces. is there a way to edit this in the scripts.

2)How do you stop rebels from appearing in home provinces, ive built watch towers in all my regions and have loyalty at above 100% in all my regions but rebels keep popping up in my regions. especially in provinces which don't have unrest. is there a way to disable this in the scripts.

Default Re: CULTURAL CONVERSION RATES & REBELS APPEARING IN HOME REGIONS!!!

1. Sometimes when taking over a province, the existing government building remains. If that happened, you need to remove it and add in the latin gov't building. With the appropriate government building in place, I've never experienced the problem you're having.

2. Rebels randomly spawn. I don't know what the code is personally, but I've put in probably thousands of hours with Rome and M2TW. The behavior of rebels appears to be the following: There needs to exist a certain number on the map at any given time. If you kill a bunch of them one turn, they simply respawn elsewhere the next (hopefully not near you.) I'm sure someone else who knows the code can tell me I'm wrong, but it certainly appears to be the case. The buildings you put up, your tax rate, or anything else seems to have no effect on this process. It's Total War - they want you to fight. This campaign map thingey is just there to spawn random fights (and notice - each new game leads to less campaign map work - sad really.)

Edit Note: By 'each new game' I'm referring to the games released by CA and not EB.
    Last edited by Starforge; 07-11-2016 at 19:53.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

The only kind of government building that should remain after conquering a province is the Allied Government, because we can't target them with destroy_building the way we do with all the other types. It has nothing to do with the Civil Unrest value. Cultural conversion happens primarily through specific buildings, usually colonies.

Bandit spawn is determined by brigand_spawn_value in the descr_strat. The lower the number, the more frequently they appear. I wouldn't complain, they give you something to do in settled regions, and are only an issue if you're blitzing and leaving skeleton garrisons behind.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

I rather think that value should be much higher and the starting rebel army sizes much lower. At least, it sounds interesting to me.

edit: Maybe I'll have a little experiment; but will that destroy saved games?
    Last edited by adishee; 07-16-2016 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Adishee View Post
    I rather think that value should be much higher and the starting rebel army sizes much lower. At least, it sounds interesting to me.

edit: Maybe I'll have a little experiment; but will that destroy saved games?
    Changes to the descr_strat will only apply to a new game, you can't change a game in progress. Furthermore, making any change to the files will cause the validation check to fail, so you can't load a saved game.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Cultural conversion happens primarily through specific buildings, usually colonies.
    I've built colonies across my provinces and upgraded the government building to roman government but the cultural conversion rate stops after a while. It never goes up to 100% and the civil unrest does not disappear in conquered land's. For example i conquered tarentum and the cultural conversion went up to 67% then stopped. the civil unrest stayed at 40% never reducing further. Even after upgrading the colonies and government buildings nothing improved. it just stayed at 67% cult.conversion and 40% unrest. I even tried editing the cultural conversion rates in the scripts. changed from 0.00005 to 0.5. i started a new game and all this did was speed up the cultural conversion rate but it still did not exceed 67% cultural conversion.
    Last edited by maximus2; 08-02-2016 at 04:18.

No, it doesn't go up to 100%, none of the converting buildings raise culture to that level. They all have a cap, at which you either need to upgrade it, or you've reached the limits. Beyond that only having a high Influence FM as governor will convert any further.

Okay thanks for clearing that up. 1 more thing what does FM stand for when you said :"Beyond that only having a high Influence FM as governor will convert any further."

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maximus2 View Post
    Okay thanks for clearing that up. 1 more thing what does FM stand for when you said :"Beyond that only having a high Influence FM as governor will convert any further."
    FM = Family member. A general or governor with attributes, in other words.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!