Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrorist Spree

Blog Entries
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Terror Attack: 130 Dead in Paris

https://www.rt.com/news/349472-blast...arabia-medina/

They're actually targeting the holy cities now, they weren't bluffing. To carry it out in the last three days of the month is supposed to give meaning to their sad lives. There's a new wave of terror and KSA is suddenly finding itself in the frontlines.

Blog Entries

And here I thought they were being bankrolled by saudi arabia, I don't see that continuing in the future if they keep doing this.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Bad dog. I don't understand why Medina is a target though it's supposed to be a holy city

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    And here I thought they were being bankrolled by saudi arabia, I don't see that continuing in the future if they keep doing this.
    '
    While there are some diehard Wahabists in SA, I suspect that rather few of them are part of the extended Saud family whose 15k members and clients (in the old Roman use of that term) dominate most of the country's capital, government, military, and economic power positions. The Saud family has long been targeted by radical Islamic sects as not "pure enough" in the faith to be worthy of this dominant position. Rather than let the radicals conflate with the local Saudi dissidents (panem et circum not always being enough), they have long bought of the radicals by funding them (indirectly of course) just so long as they go radical outside of SA.

The Saud family, however, has smashed Yemen around rather then letting it slip into the radical's hands entirely. The radicals MUST punish this behavior by the Sauds (not Saudis) and remind them as to the limits of the arrangement.

It is really a question of re-establishing an equilibrium point is all.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

I think that equilibrium point is long gone at this point. They have been declared apostates by the militants, and are now finding themselves in direct conflict with them in Yemen, so that’s a first. It's possible the deputy crown prince becomes king by the end of the year, he is known to be pro-western and not anti-Israel in order to be favored over the actual crown prince, who's the minister of interior and in charge of dealing with stuff like this. If bin Salman (deputy cp) succeeds, there will be resistance by hardline salafis as he has already stripped many privileges of the religious police and is planning to muzzle the clergy on a number of things for his economic reform plans, which includes women doing more and getting long overdue basic rights. Interior minister, on the other hand, has a vested interest in being conservative as it makes his counterterrorism job easier, which is why the US might even take his side due to his reputable talent in cracking down on terrorists.

This is basically a result of monarchical rift, arguably the same thing that caused the war in Yemen and is prolonging it. Inside the country itself, the supposedly liberal Saudi prince is rendering “moral” servants irrelevant to strengthen private sector and lessen oil dependence, and salafis aren’t having it. They want their jobs that require no skills seem as important as possible so they don’t lose the Saudi youth.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    I think that equilibrium point is long gone at this point. They have been declared apostates by the militants, and are now finding themselves in direct conflict with them in Yemen, so that’s a first. It's possible the deputy crown prince becomes king by the end of the year, he is known to be pro-western and not anti-Israel in order to be favored over the actual crown prince, who's the minister of interior and in charge of dealing with stuff like this. If bin Salman (deputy cp) succeeds, there will be resistance by hardline salafis as he has already stripped many privileges of the religious police and is planning to muzzle the clergy on a number of things for his economic reform plans, which includes women doing more and getting long overdue basic rights. Interior minister, on the other hand, has a vested interest in being conservative as it makes his counterterrorism job easier, which is why the US might even take his side due to his reputable talent in cracking down on terrorists.

This is basically a result of monarchical rift, arguably the same thing that caused the war in Yemen and is prolonging it. Inside the country itself, the supposedly liberal Saudi prince is rendering “moral” servants irrelevant to strengthen private sector and lessen oil dependence, and salafis aren’t having it. They want their jobs that require no skills seem as important as possible so they don’t lose the Saudi youth.
    Fair comment. We are seeing the various parties pushing to establish a new equilibrium point -- you are correct that things are a bit "up in the air" at present. The Salafists will use a bit of violence to remind the "young turk" prince of the cost of too much change or secularism. Clan Saud must counter to establish the limits of control by the salafists.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries

Saw something worth sharing:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Terrorists hit a crowd in Nice, France with a truck. At least 60 dead.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Are you willing to die for your platitutudes?
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

73, Nice, almost 78 he came close. Hundreds are wounded so his score might rise

Tthere is ony one thing that has nothing to do with it
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-15-2016 at 00:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    73, Nice, almost 78 he came close. Hundreds are wounded so his score might rise

Tthere is ony one thing that has nothing to do with it

Could we at least avoid terms like "score?" It makes it sound too much like some kind of tawdry video game.

Are you willing to die for your platitutudes?
    While Strike's post is a bit snide, the essential question underlying it is central to the whole issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Could we at least avoid terms like "score?" It makes it sound too much like some kind of tawdry video game.
    It isn't? Thought was the new hype; Infidel, we got to kill them all.

my bad

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

It isn't? Thought was the new hype; Infidel, we got to kill them all.

my bad
    While Frag may sound a bit callous here I suspect he's not far off the mark, these terrorists are not my age or younger, they probably grew up play CoD and eventually realised they were playing at "shooting their brothers" and so decided to shoot/blow up the "other team" instead.

Now excuse me, I need to kill some Vikings and loot their stuff to fund another Brewer in Viking Conquest.

*Loads up Sabaton Playlist, AFK.*
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Blog Entries

Truck fire at the Eiffel Tower.

Accident supposedly, but the timing was interesting, made a striking image.

Member thankful for this post:

I am not callous I am cynical. Everybody should have seen these things comming and now we will just have to get used to it. Thank you multicultural left for this enrichment. Thanks on behalf of the EU as well, we need more EU, great idea to spread the risk all over Europe, and than the EU must find a solution, more ever closing EU
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-15-2016 at 01:33.

Blog Entries

WARNING:MORBID IMAGE

80 dead now, 3rd largest terrorist attack in europe.

Edit: no, 4th. largest
    Last edited by Greyblades; 07-15-2016 at 02:14.

Blog Entries

Twitter says suspect 31 year old Tunisian.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AFP/statu...64211650547713
    Last edited by Greyblades; 07-15-2016 at 02:52.

WARNING:MORBID IMAGE
    That's morbid allright she looks like a candy.

Anyways, nobody can say they weren't warned, islam is islam no matter where islam is. If Islam settles on the north-pole it won't change islam.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-15-2016 at 04:47.

I am not callous I am cynical. Everybody should have seen these things comming and now we will just have to get used to it. Thank you multicultural left for this enrichment. Thanks on behalf of the EU as well, we need more EU, great idea to spread the risk all over Europe, and than the EU must find a solution, more ever closing EU
    Immigration was there before the EU and it won't disappear if you leave. It is a general tendency and you can't stop it (unless you close borders and it would be considered not a way of democracies).
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Immigration was there before the EU and it won't disappear if you leave. It is a general tendency and you can't stop it (unless you close borders and it would be considered not a way of democracies).
    I got no answers, it's allready too late, people who want to harm us are already here. Things like this are going to happen again and again and again. I don't expect all too much trouble in the Netherlands mind you, but it won't surprise me all that much. But closing the borders for young muslim males would be a good start, why aren't they fighting in their own country. Women and children first just like in sinking ships.

yay, scores keep comming, 84 mutually respected allahu akharred, 15 still dying probably. You just have to respect that. We can really learn from eachother. Painfull to watch what the multicultural left so very very deeply admires is willing to do. Islamapoligists, feed on me. Psychic vampires you are, draining everything obvious to feel good about yourself.

Reminds me of this movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLRg
    Ae2jLaw
    father just can't accept that his son is simply broken and vile. But he is. He has been planning it the whole time

It ends really bad, but we know that.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-15-2016 at 08:53.

lol, letists to the rescue, he was angry because he didn't get a driving license. That must have hurt a lot. I don't know if this is actuallu true but bored rich kids never dissapoint when it comes to having the circular reasoning of a F5 tornado

Case in point, NYT, quality media as they are, found A MUSLIM VICTIM See? Seeeeee? SEE!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElinevdVo...44007461978112

When will they understand that for normal muslims jihaddidi's are as welcome as the inquisition.

American msm is just as activist as it is here, living the dream and noyoudon't
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-15-2016 at 12:32.

A franco-tunisian, thank you colonial empires?

Pretty obvious that the colonialist policies of foreign intervention are backfiring now.
    Last edited by Husar; 07-15-2016 at 14:01.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Blog Entries

Obviously we should have made sure that every person that could have identified with the people we were bombing had been exiled from the country before we started intervening.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    A franco-tunisian, thank you colonial empires?

Pretty obvious that the colonialist policies of foreign intervention are backfiring now.
    telling France they were asking for it? Victim blaming in my opinion
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Obviously we should have made sure that every person that could have identified with the people we were bombing had been exiled from the country before we started intervening.
    Or they could have followed the example set by the Beacon of Freedom™ and put them into concentration camps.

telling France they were asking for it? Victim blaming in my opinion
    So when you touch a hot oven and it burns you, it's victim blaming to say you shouldn't have touched a hot oven? I was saying that colonializing countries may have consequences, even late ones. Have you not noticed that the former and current colonial empires are hit far more often by terrorist attacks than the countries that barely had any or no colonies? Has noone ever noticed that the offspring of people who migrated to the UK or France from their colonies are often the troublemakers today? That these countries had a lot more people of non-white skin color long before the current refugee wave? How many disgruntled polo-africans live in Poland and how many colonies did Poland have in Africa? How many terrorist attacks happened in Poland? How many in Germany? Or in Austria? Should we blame Africans for not wanting to be ruled by Europeans so we don't engage in victim blaming? Is it victim blaming to say that lots of Germans died in Russia and later Germany was the Germans' fault? After all it was the nasty Russians who shot them, no?

And where did I blame the victims of this attack? I blamed the politicians and the country as a whole for its politics and its politics of the past since people here seemed to assume that everyone who is a terrorist now in France came due to the Schengen agreement or the recent refugee wave. I don't know how or why all the colonials moved to Britain and France over the years, but if you really want to source it, you could just as well blame the ones who drove that colonialization for not having the foresight to see that future generations would be ashamed and open the borders. The world would generally be better off today if politics had stopped evolving in the early 17th century.

I'm saying that in the grand scheme of things we often are the bully blaming the victims for fighting back. We want to do with them what we want and want competition but we don't want them to fight back. It seems shizophrenic. We fish away all the fish in front of the African coast so we can make more profit than the local fishers and then wonder why they become pirates instead of trying to turn the sand, which is basically all they have left now, into gold via alchemy. We are like the noblemen of the French revolution who wondered why the peasants, whom they tried to get more and more taxes out of for nothing in return, suddenly wanted to cut off their heads...

Where was this islamic terrorism before we colonized the Middle East and Africa?
    Last edited by Husar; 07-15-2016 at 15:08.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Where was this islamic terrorism before we colonized the Middle East and Africa?
    Knocking on the gates of Vienna?

The Muslim world began in the deserts of Arabia. They didn't become so widespread through peaceful debate.

Blog Entries

Or they could have followed the example set by the Beacon of Freedom™ and put them into concentration camps.
    You get the zyklon, I'll get the lye.

So when you touch a hot oven and it burns you, it's victim blaming to say you shouldn't have touched a hot oven? I was saying that colonializing countries may have consequences, even late ones. Have you not noticed that the former and current colonial empires are hit far more often by terrorist attacks than the countries that barely had any or no colonies? Has noone ever noticed that the offspring of people who migrated to the UK or France from their colonies are often the troublemakers today? That these countries had a lot more people of non-white skin color long before the current refugee wave? How many disgruntled polo-africans live in Poland and how many colonies did Poland have in Africa? How many terrorist attacks happened in Poland? How many in Germany? Or in Austria? Should we blame Africans for not wanting to be ruled by Europeans so we don't engage in victim blaming? Is it victim blaming to say that lots of Germans died in Russia and later Germany was the Germans' fault? After all it was the nasty Russians who shot them, no?

And where did I blame the victims of this attack? I blamed the politicians and the country as a whole for its politics and its politics of the past since people here seemed to assume that everyone who is a terrorist now in France came due to the Schengen agreement or the recent refugee wave. I don't know how or why all the colonials moved to Britain and France over the years, but if you really want to source it, you could just as well blame the ones who drove that colonialization for not having the foresight to see that future generations would be ashamed and open the borders. The world would generally be better off today if politics had stopped evolving in the early 17th century.

I'm saying that in the grand scheme of things we often are the bully blaming the victims for fighting back. We want to do with them what we want and want competition but we don't want them to fight back. It seems shizophrenic. We fish away all the fish in front of the African coast so we can make more profit than the local fishers and then wonder why they become pirates instead of trying to turn the sand, which is basically all they have left now, into gold via alchemy. We are like the noblemen of the French revolution who wondered why the peasants, whom they tried to get more and more taxes out of for nothing in return, suddenly wanted to cut off their heads...

So... Where's the non islamic colonial inspired terrorism? We have a tonne of indians and chinese in our nation and none of them have sought to kill us in the name of thier forebears.

I think you are using the word "Colonial" wrong.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So when you touch a hot oven and it burns you, it's victim blaming to say you shouldn't have touched a hot oven?
    The US ruled on this. A women went into mc Donald's and poured coffee over herself, she was scalded and sued Maccy D's and won. So now, coffee needs a warning label 'contents may be hot'. You shouldn't victim blame at all.

Some argue we should follow the US's courts decision and make Terrorists wear warning labels which say 'warning, may kill people' and then apply this on all those who follow terrorist characteristics to be on the safe side.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast