Thread: Balton Rouge shooting.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Balton Rouge shooting.

Baton Rouge: Three US police officers shot dead

Three police officers have been killed and three injured in a shooting in the southern US city of Baton Rouge.[...]

Mobile phone footage from Baton Rouge showed police cars arriving at a road intersection. Several shots were then heard.

Officers were responding to a report of a man carrying a rifle along a major motorway, Colonel Mike Edmonson told a news conference. He said the gunman was dressed all in black.

Witnesses reported a man firing indiscriminately.

"We believe that the person who shot and killed our officers, that he was the person that was shot and killed at the scene," Col Edmonson said.

US media outlets are naming the gunman as Gavin Long, 29, of Kansas City, Missouri. Two of the dead were Baton Rouge police officers and one was an East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office deputy. All three were married and had family.

One of the injured was in a critical condition, while the other two were in a stable condition.

The local sheriff's department spokeswoman told WAFB TV the incident began shortly before 09:00 local time (14:00 GMT).

A witness interviewed by the station said the shooting appeared to have broken out before law enforcement officers arrived at the scene.

Witness Brady Vancel told WAFB he saw what may have been gang members shooting at each other before police arrived.

Another witness said she saw a gunman wearing a black mask and military-style clothing.

Baton Rouge Mayor Kip Holden said he had spoken to White House officials who had offered assistance. He said it was "a defining moment" for community relations.

But he also told local media the "rhetoric from some people" after the death of Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge may be connected to the shootings, without elaborating who.

"Everything's been anti-police," he said.
    I'm not sure how I feel about the whole obsessing over the perp, but I found this on Gavin Long after 5 second on google:

Gavin Eugene Long: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

1. Long, Who Served in the Marines, Registered a Website Under the Name Cosmo Setepenra in April After 2 Years Living in Africa

2. He Went to Dallas After the Attack on Police There, He Says in a Video Posted to Youtube

3. He Dropped Out of College for a ‘Spiritual’ Trip to Africa, His ‘Ancestral Homeland’

4. Long, Wearing Black With His Face Covered, Began Shooting ‘Indiscriminately’ as Officers Responded to a Call for a Man With an ‘Assault Rifle’

5. The Shooting Comes After Several Days of Protests in Baton Rouge Over the Fatal Police Shooting of Alton Sterling
    Last edited by Greyblades; 07-18-2016 at 00:48.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Balton Rouge shooting.

You forgot that he is a member of the Nation of Islam
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Basicly black-panters, this is getting rediculous. Police will only shoot faster, nice maelström. RIP officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Was:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...tia_group.html

He was also associated with the Sovereign Citizens, who are known to kill policemen for "fun"...
    "When you want peace, you gotta go to war..." Could be a conservative...
    I'd go with disturbed individual, happens all the time, nothing we can do.
    Last edited by Husar; 07-18-2016 at 01:40.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

American Policing is totally screwed up from top to bottom. Most departments in large cities are equipped like para military organizations. Part of that is due to federal initiatives like the war on drugs and part of it is due to the perception that American criminals are better armed. The second part is not unfounded, of course. Departments are equipped for war not outreach.

So who get to use all this fancy equipment? The physical requirements for my city are, bench press less than 200 pounds, and run 1.5 miles in 16 minutes. These cops start out of shape and no PD that I know of requires any sort of physical regimen beyond the baseline test to get in. The test on various legal statutes and police protocol is something you can pass with a couple hours of study time. The psyche eval for most departments is a rubber stamp.

They are totally unequipped to go out and police in any meaningful sense of the word. These guys are behind the 8 ball before their first shift even starts.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 07-18-2016 at 04:19.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Members thankful for this post (2):

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

I assume the problem is that you aren't tipping your police enough in the USA.

Protect and Serve. As service providers like waitresses shouldn't the police get tipped too? If not why, not?
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    I assume the problem is that you aren't tipping your police enough in the USA.

Protect and Serve. As service providers like waitresses shouldn't the police get tipped too? If not why, not?
    The localized graft of the 1920s beat-cop era is long gone. If you want to be bribed/paid off to do your job, you really have to go and get yourself elected.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Husar