Thread: New Info Pics and exciting news for collaboration!

Default New Info Pics and exciting news for collaboration!

I thought that this deserves a new thread

Axalon will help me by doing the image-conversion, -editing and -processing of the info pics for my small graphical project. I plan to make a few units that will use the new figure texture in battle.

Here you can see my model for a Hungarian Spearman and how it will look like in game, after Axalon's rendition:

Pretty cool, right?
    Last edited by YanBG; 08-10-2016 at 18:20.

Default Re: New Info Pics and exciting news for collaboration!

Hi Yan and welcome to Mtw modding! The info pic and unit animation look pretty cool indeed. You are lucky to have Axalon on your side for your project. Good luck!

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Wow ! .... bloody excellent work guys .
    This technique in producing such polished Info Pics , will deserve a special thread in the Repository .

I'm glad you like them! More to show:

Again huge thanks to Axalon.

Buildings are on their way too!

Member thankful for this post:

Fantastic !!!
    The Ancient Mods , need touches of class like these !
    well done Yan .
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 08-13-2016 at 12:14.

Thanks for the recognition guys...

Obviously it is good news that Yan bothers to do or attempt this thing, and clearly many other people stand to benefit here too, once his work/project is released. ...What I am wondering about here is when this stuff is planned to be released? Any dates or estimates? Also, the overall size/scope of it (the project) and what content/material are so far planned to be included? In other words, "what will we get as we download this stuff?" basically. Little about all that has been revealed so far, yet that is the stuff that I would like/want to know more about (possibly others with me). Any further info on these notes, Yan? ...?...

Another and purely technical thing... Do consider the option of contacting the site-administration or Drone (the moderator) to have this thread moved to the engineers guild-section instead, where it probably better belongs, due to the nature and topic of this thread - it lends itself better to the framework of "A forum for Mod Development, Topics on the latest Mods being developed can be found here." (distinction of the Engineers guild) rather then "Questions about the latest patch, map making or modding: go here!" (distinction of the Alchemist lab) as is what this section is supposedly about... Its just a detail, but consider it...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 08-16-2016 at 17:49.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Another and purely technical thing... Do consider the option of contacting the site-administration or Drone (the moderator) to have this thread moved to the engineers guild-section instead, where it probably better belongs, due to the nature and topic of this thread - it lends itself better to the framework of "A forum for Mod Development, Topics on the latest Mods being developed can be found here." (distinction of the Engineers guild) rather then "Questions about the latest patch, map making or modding: go here!" (distinction of the Alchemist lab) as is what this section is supposedly about... Its just a detail, but consider it...
    This thread seemed to be more about creating (really nice!) info pics than a full up mod, so I wasn't too concerned about the location. If we have a new mod on our hands, just let me know and I will do what I can.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Thank you for the good words Axalon!

The bulk of the graphics is done and i plan to release it this week as an extension of the classical campaign, with 3 new battle figures(one is the mount) and 8 new units. Basicly what i already showed, no new factions or provinces. I'm not sure if the orthodox stables would make it in yet, but there can be updates.

I had a lot of thoughts but i didn't know what is possible, i'm happy with the results so far and i can't talk about fields without any progress(campaign map castles!)

I agree it's better to be moved in the engineers guild. Drone could do that?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Poof!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Now i think the stables look good in game and i might go ahead and make them info_pics.

This reminds me more of Shogun's pics, MTW have them look more like drawings and less like models. You can check the stables here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15088808

Member thankful for this post:

Nice work Yan , great detail .
    In general , Do you think the models you have designed would be suitable to depict other era's also , or have you given them Medieval looks only ?
    cheers

They are suitable for any era, with different textures they can be ancient, for the buildings the way i use separate pieces for each brick is especially flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by YanBG View Post
    They are suitable for any era, with different textures they can be ancient, for the buildings the way i use separate pieces for each brick is especially flexible.
    This is great news Yan .... I look forward to your release !
    cheers

Sneak peek at the new cavalry info_pics. If you like Alan Mercenaries(like i do), you'll like this one too, it's exclusive for the Almohads:

----------

I have a trouble with the colored info_pics for orthodox stables, the game won't recognize them from folder other than Christian. I placed the generic ones in Catholic folder and both versions won't show up in game. Do i have to edit this dependancy somewhere? BuildProd doesn't seem to have a field for that.
    Last edited by YanBG; 08-19-2016 at 19:27.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

I have a trouble with the colored info_pics for orthodox stables, the game won't recognize them from folder other than Christian. I placed the generic ones in Catholic folder and both versions won't show up in game. Do i have to edit this dependancy somewhere? BuildProd doesn't seem to have a field for that.
    Hi YanBG,

I take it you mean the 'building completed' coloured images?

First off, there's nothing you need to change in any text files for it to work, so if it was me, I'd be asking the following questions:

1) is the image the right size and format? (I guess if your 'orthodox' one crops up from the 'Christian' folder they must be, though)
    2) are your two buildings the same building in the build_prod, or have you made an 'orthodox_stables' as a totally separate building? In which case they will probably have different info_pic names
    3) do your info_pic files actually match the name given in the build_prod 'info_pic' column (8 in Gnome)?
    3a) including all the upgrades, each of which needs an info_pic string to be defined for it, even if you only use one pic for all levels?
    4) have you tried having pics in ALL THREE Christian folders - ie Christian, Catholic AND Orthodox?
    5) just to confirm the obvious, you are putting them into info_pics/buildings/[culture]/coloured and haven't tried creating a ...buildings/coloured/[culture] directory instead?
    6) but really, my gut feeling is there is something wrong with a name somewhere - it may be case, a stray space, or something equally trivial-looking

If none of that worked I'd have a beer and slaughter a few thousand peasants, and come back to it fresh in the morning
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 08-19-2016 at 19:58. Reason: sp.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Hey Macsen, thank you for helping me! Yes, i mean the 'building completed' coloured images.

I found my silly mistake, there were no "gray" versions of the info_pics in the Orthodox(or Catholic) folder and the game was looking in the Christian folder for the coloured ones(since it had gray/main ones) and if there are no colored in the Christian it won't show any.

But to answer your questions
    1) yes, they are 320x240 bifs
    2) they are the same building in the build_prod
    3) the names match
    4) hm... see the solution
    5) i put them in the already existing "coloured" folders
    6) your gut was on a right track!

This is how it looks, the render is a bit more zoomed in than the vanilla ones but i didn't had time to make a bigger scene with people and trees etc

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Glad to help

I tend to work on the assumption that the more basic an error is, the more likely I am to have made it

Anyway, nice looking results...
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Clean work Yan , we can id the various buildings quicker !
    Swift assumptions mac ...
    Great collaboration guys ....
    Overall very nice results that will enrich our beloved MTW & its mod !!
    Keep up the great work fellas .
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 08-21-2016 at 09:38.