Thread: What mod programs do i need ?

Default What mod programs do i need ?

Hi all !

I'm new here and don't know anything about modding :)
    I hope someone of you people can help me with my questions !

Well here's the thing ...
    I want to create a multiplayer campaigngame (prefer in warhammer) for me and my friends.
    Why Warhammer ? Because it will be a 'game of thrones'-campaign with of course the DRAGONS !!! :p

Soooo how do i start ?
    Whitch programs do i need to make nice lannistersuite or beautifull khaleesi dragons that breath fire ?
    The looks are more important then the stats.

ps. i dont have a good pc or the game, i just want all the information first :p

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: What mod programs do i need ?

Hello Maestro_yw, welcome to the .Org .

First, just to make sure: which game are you intending to mod? If it's the 10-year old Rome: Total War, you are in the right place. If it's the new Warhammer Total War, I'm afraid you're not. We do have a Warhammer modding forum, but it's unused. You could try the TWC Warhammer mod workshop.

However, if you do intend to use the old R:TW game, check out our Scriptorium for guides on how to mod. They will tell you which programs you need and how to use them. A few warnings, though. The old R:TW game isn't suited for multiplayer campaigns. You can run single MP battles, but campaign mode doesn't work that way. Also, creating a single new unit is a lot of work; creating an entirely new faction will take months. Unless you plan to build your game from an existing modification, it will likely take many months if not years before you can actually play it with your friends.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Default Re: What mod programs do i need ?

Hi Ludens .....

Similar question ....
    What programs/tools would I need to view RTW figures ?
    Im interested in Elephants , a Chariots or two & some Foot Troops that have not yet been seen on MTW .

(( There may be a sneaky (but simple) way to transfer RTW figures into the old girl !
    Providing we can get the angles we need ))

cheers
    DtS
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 08-30-2016 at 13:54.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: What mod programs do i need ?

Hello Dimitrios,

I have never modded R:TW graphics myself, so I all can do is point you in the direction of the Scriptorium again. I hate saying it, but if you need help, you're probably best off going to the TWC R:TW Workshop.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!