Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Expanded Content Mod[adds new units and graphics]

Default Re: Expanded Content Mod[adds new units and graphics]

I've sent a message for collaboration to a person you might know ;)

So it'll probably be quiet here until i get a response. I'm working on unrelated projects too.

That's good to know, YanBG. I wish I could help but right now we only get 2 hours of electricity per day. Things are pretty bad, and I have been struggling with my own mod. Hope that "person" agrees to help.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Sorry to hear that Leith. Hope you are safe atleast!

Member thankful for this post:

Leith 

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YanBG View Post
    Both or i could copy the graphics from the vanilla ones. Also the black pixels on icons from BifReader are still an issue.
    I could give that a go if you have some idea of the type/style of shields and weapons needed, and I can easily run some through the ReadBIF coordinates system. As for black spots, I've never seen them on the actual sprites, only icons...
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Yes i meant the unit icons(for buildings might go with purpgrab). Do you add beige background to yours?

Your skils are probably better used for that actually.

I'll wait a bit more for feedback until i make final renders of all units and animations.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by YanBG; 02-24-2019 at 16:23.

I'll give those two a try - the LBMs shouldn't be any trouble, but it will need ReadBIF for the reviewpanel icons - might require some fine surgery, but I'll see what I can do.

Discussion forum thread

YanBG 

They didn't look good when i last tried them with ReadBif. Someone needs to make us a new version

How do these look?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icons.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	22263

(just substituted them into my current XL campaign for a trial... )

unit_icons.zip
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 03-01-2019 at 13:38.

Discussion forum thread

Awesome work! They seem a bit blurred, i'll reduce the anti-aliasing when rendering next.

Will you add some new units in the next update of expanded content mod? when will it come?

I cannot find boyar foot unit...

Sorry guys, the Huszar unit is not available in campaign... i understood they are available for hungarians only in serbia? Even though i built everything in serbia all buildings available, I cannot still train them... what are their requiriments in campaign? Are they only mercenaries? Where and how to get them?

Second thing is that hussars are missing unit icons... how to fix it?

I have same problems with Lamtuna... how to fix it?

Will you add some new units in the next update of expanded content mod? when will it come?
    I did have plans for a lot of units(moslty MTW2 designs) but i haven't worked on the mod since february last year. It would have been ideal to have someone helping with the technical work like figuring the coordinates(i didn't ask because the graphics weren't final) but now i can upload my bifplates, for others to use.

I cannot find boyar foot unit...
    Do you mean DruzhinaFoot? Or the russian archer type(would be Dvor Infantry)? I haven't released this one yet.

Sorry guys, the Huszar unit is not available in campaign... i understood they are available for hungarians only in serbia? Even though i built everything in serbia all buildings available, I cannot still train them... what are their requiriments in campaign? Are they only mercenaries? Where and how to get them?
    My bad, it seems i forgot to edit the region specific field(51 in GnomeEditor). You can either change it to ID_SERBIA(and some others) or leave it empty to be trained everywhere:

Second thing is that hussars are missing unit icons... how to fix it?
    I have them in png, they are not converted to lbm

-------------------------------------------------------

Btw in august i was making a prototype for a turn-based battle system and the unit designs from this mod came into use:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82PABSl.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	23245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VgF6xt3.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	557.7 KB 
ID:	23246  
    Last edited by YanBG; 01-14-2020 at 09:39.

I did have plans for a lot of units(moslty MTW2 designs) but i haven't worked on the mod since february last year. It would have been ideal to have someone helping with the technical work like figuring the coordinates(i didn't ask because the graphics weren't final) but now i can upload my bifplates, for others to use.

Do you mean DruzhinaFoot? Or the russian archer type(would be Dvor Infantry)? I haven't released this one yet.

My bad, it seems i forgot to edit the region specific field(51 in GnomeEditor). You can either change it to ID_SERBIA(and some others) or leave it empty to be trained everywhere:

I have them in png, they are not converted to lbm

-------------------------------------------------------

Btw in august i was making a prototype for a turn-based battle system and the unit designs from this mod came into use:

Ok, when you will release an update fixing the huszars and lamtuna problem? and adding some new units?

Ok, when you will release an update fixing the huszars and lamtuna problem? and adding some new units?
    I don't have time to work on it

@Leith with 10 months delay, here are the spritesheets, sorry about that! Not all animations are done but you can see that i was adding light(slinger), heavy infantry and handgun/crossbow. I have some of them in bifplates too, also the renders in separate images for each frame but it would have been 25mb more to download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wwk5wk...1/MTW.rar/file

Actually you'll need the actionpages too, the way all sprites have the same arrangement means you can reuse the coordinates atleast. I just figured today that if dying is last(to the right) can occupy more pixels and have taller rectangle. So let me know if you have ideas to improve or find out something!

For the RusArcher:
    walk
    13 45 30 165 56 220
    13 45 30 110 56 165
    13 45 30 55 56 110
    13 45 30 0 56 55
    run
    18 45 104 165 139 220
    18 45 104 110 139 165
    18 45 104 55 139 110
    18 45 104 0 139 55
    idle
    7 45 0 165 30 220
    7 45 0 110 30 165
    7 45 0 55 30 110
    7 45 0 0 30 55
    die
    26 45 56 165 104 220
    26 45 56 110 104 165
    26 45 56 55 104 110
    26 45 56 0 104 55
    fight
    20 45 171 165 212 220
    20 45 171 110 212 165
    20 45 171 55 212 110
    20 45 171 0 212 55
    standing_shoot
    20 45 212 165 242 220
    20 45 212 110 242 165
    20 45 212 55 242 110
    20 45 212 0 242 55
    charge
    16 45 139 165 171 220
    16 45 139 110 171 165
    16 45 139 55 171 110
    16 45 139 0 171 55
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by YanBG; 01-14-2020 at 17:10.

Cheers, YanBG! These bifs look awesome! I have downloaded both files. I am afraid I'm not that good when it comes to figuring out the weapon and shield co-ordinates. Mascen Rufus or Axalon can figure this out easily however. Meanwhile I will give this my best shot, though I'm not that optimistic. Your art style is quite special if I may add, YanBG.

Welp Tyberius didn't reply to me, so there won't be nice weapons for these units.

Meanwhile I will give this my best shot, though I'm not that optimistic.
    That's ok @Leith don't worry! You guys are keeping my interest to modding
    Your art style is quite special if I may add
    I wanted to fit in with the original, just fill the CUSTOM spots, that way i won't have to make 40+ bifplates. And also maybe get included into other mods..Redux

Ok so if we have ~50 bifplates that means 250/50=5, each bifplate need to be used by 5 units. Not a small amount(some 6, others 3-4), so we have to keep the weapons&shields separated.
    Last edited by YanBG; 01-20-2020 at 05:39.

Welp Tyberius didn't reply to me, so there won't be nice weapons for these units.

I wanted to fit in with the original, just fill the CUSTOM spots, that way i won't have to make 40+ bifplates. And also maybe get included into other mods..Redux

Ok so if we have ~50 bifplates that means 250/50=5, each bifplate need to be used by 5 units. Not a small amount(some 6, others 3-4), so we have to keep the weapons&shields separated.

How can I convert png icons to LBM in order to have the unit icons work in battle instead of black hole?

Can I put a new unit made by a modder in the files together with this unit mod already installed? keep both mod files and keep both the unit packs together working having all the unit working while both the unit mods enabled? sorry for bad eng
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 01-24-2020 at 15:05.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTheGreat View Post
    How can I convert png icons to LBM in order to have the unit icons work in battle instead of black hole?
    I'm not sure, maybe GIMP can save as LBM. Check this topic for PurpGrab
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053710511
    Can I put a new unit made by a modder in the files together with this unit mod already installed? keep both mod files and keep both the unit packs together working having all the unit working while both the unit mods enabled? sorry for bad eng
    You'll have to merge them in CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.txt since each campaign can have only one such file

You'll have to merge them in CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.txt since each campaign can have only one such file

Thanks, I merged geonese crossbowmen donwloaded from a different mod and merged copy paste on CRUSADERS UNIT PROD11 but unfortunately it says error when I launch the game: "ukwnown unit type encountered, column 2 row 37"

I did put all textures and stats on proper folders for enable the unit but on the crusaders unit prod11 file when i paste "genoese crossbowmen" with all the stats already well written in columns even factions and eras and all informations are right, so why have this error message? can't launch the game :(

Please how to fix?

it give me error what should i do?

You'll need to learn how to edit CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 start with copying an existing unit and then changing the name/stats yourself instead of taking it from another mod. Take only graphics not data. If you fix that, last you need to add the unit's description in language folder(Eng).

Maybe the name "genoese crossbowmen" is too long and it goes into column 2, why is for type(e.g. infantry). Do you place it on row 37? Or that's the next unit?
    Last edited by YanBG; 01-24-2020 at 20:02.

You'll need to learn how to edit CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 start with copying an existing unit and then changing the name/stats yourself instead of taking it from another mod. Take only graphics not data. If you fix that, last you need to add the unit's description in language folder(Eng)

I'm starting practising, I managed to fix the error and run the game, now genoese crossbowmen the new unit appear as icon in recruitment list, i can recruit it with all stats, descriptions, icon unit and stats and it's all good... only one problem... when I load the battle with the new unit the game crash and it says "failed to load textures" or something like that but i already put all the textures to the folders why the battle won't start?

You'll need to learn how to edit CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 start with copying an existing unit and then changing the name/stats yourself instead of taking it from another mod. Take only graphics not data. If you fix that, last you need to add the unit's description in language folder(Eng).

Maybe the name "genoese crossbowmen" is too long and it goes into column 2, why is for type(e.g. infantry). Do you place it on row 37? Or that's the next unit?
    Now I fixed that... the only problem left is that even though the unit appear in recruitment list in campaign as custom battle, with all descriptions, stats, names etc. unfortunately if i load a battle with that unit unfortunately the game crashes and i can't use it in battles it says failed to load textures. How to fix that?

Keep it only to 1 post at a time Did you add the unit's txt in ActionsPage folder?

Keep it only to 1 post at a time Did you add the unit's txt in ActionsPage folder?
    Lol, I just fixed it. Now I can use them in battle Thank you for the support!
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 01-24-2020 at 22:44.

Hi again,Now I want practice at crusaderunitprod11 file I whish to add the irish darthmen, joms vikings and welsh bandits which are available to recruit only on Viking campaign, how can I export and merge them in the crusader prod file of the regular medieval campaign? I wish to recruit those even in medieval campaign... is it possible? Because when I tried to copy paste from VIprod to crusadersprod it always give me error when I launch the game saying: "Unit type uknown error row 184 column 2"... and it gives same messagge problem every time I try to tab the files in order to not mess up! Please, can you help me? Is it possible to do?

Hello! I have tried to get the weapons co-ordinates right and failed. I hope someone else will try getting them right because it would be a real shame not to use these beautiful textures in MTW mods.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234