Thread: Expanded Content Mod[adds new units and graphics]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Expanded Content Mod[adds new units and graphics]

Hey all, it's time to release my mod. v1.0 http://www.mediafire.com/download/23...w3/MTW+mod.zip

Features:

- 8 new units(cavalry and infantry, all with unique icons art)
    - 3 new battle figures(made from custom models, one is a new mount)
    - 4 new building graphics(orthodox horse breeder)

All additions are available to the existing factions.
    No changes made to the old content(unit stats etc).

Limitations/known issues:

- Shield and weapon positions are off
    - Missing battle(lbm) icons for most units
    - Black dots on some of the review_panel icons

One of the new units is Dismounted Druzhina, available for the Rus factions in all periods, requires Swordsmith:

Default Re: Expanded Content Mod[adds new units and graphics]

Hi Yan! I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on such beautiful animations and units. I managed to look at the bifs but will need to create their lbms to fully enjoy the mod, which shouldn't take more than five minutes by the way. I am planning to try your mod tomorrow by playing the classical campaign so I will give more feedback later. In a word, your mod is an excellent surprise to me. Thanks!
    Last edited by Leith; 08-24-2016 at 19:59.

Thank you Leith, i appreciate that! It might be easier to use the "raw" png icons http://www.mediafire.com/download/ck...0dow/icons.zip

If you want your lbms to be included in the mod, just let me know and i'll do that with proper crediting. Can't wait to read your feedback and playthrough!

Wonderful to see another *new* mod for good 'ol MTW! Congrats on the release and thanks YanBG.

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Awesome contribution Yan .... Well done mate .
    I hope you continue on & hang around for many years to come .
    Im dl as we speak , I don't play original much , but i'll start a Campaign to see your work .
    cheers

Hi Yan! I played a few custom battles just to test your new units and I enjoyed your units' fluid animations, certainly the touch of a pro. What is even as interesting is the stat balance. Visually and statically, your units fit perfectly into the original MTW theme.

However this fun experience was marred by a few things: the weapons in particular looked they needed some more work. The black dots on the unit icons were not very enjoyable too. I feel that if you postponed the release for a few more days, this would have been one of the best mini mods for MTW. That said, I hope you will continue to improve this mod and perhaps add a few more beautiful animations like the ones you created. The MTW community needs fine talents like yourself. Thank you!

Hey all, 3 months passed but i haven't been able to get back to MTW yet. I was offered a full-time job as 3d modeler and i'm learning new software which will improve my skills hopefully.

Will you add some new units in the next update of expanded content mod? when will it come?

I cannot find boyar foot unit...

Sorry guys, the Huszar unit is not available in campaign... i understood they are available for hungarians only in serbia? Even though i built everything in serbia all buildings available, I cannot still train them... what are their requiriments in campaign? Are they only mercenaries? Where and how to get them?

Second thing is that hussars are missing unit icons... how to fix it?

I have same problems with Lamtuna... how to fix it?

Will you add some new units in the next update of expanded content mod? when will it come?
    I did have plans for a lot of units(moslty MTW2 designs) but i haven't worked on the mod since february last year. It would have been ideal to have someone helping with the technical work like figuring the coordinates(i didn't ask because the graphics weren't final) but now i can upload my bifplates, for others to use.

I cannot find boyar foot unit...
    Do you mean DruzhinaFoot? Or the russian archer type(would be Dvor Infantry)? I haven't released this one yet.

Sorry guys, the Huszar unit is not available in campaign... i understood they are available for hungarians only in serbia? Even though i built everything in serbia all buildings available, I cannot still train them... what are their requiriments in campaign? Are they only mercenaries? Where and how to get them?
    My bad, it seems i forgot to edit the region specific field(51 in GnomeEditor). You can either change it to ID_SERBIA(and some others) or leave it empty to be trained everywhere:

Second thing is that hussars are missing unit icons... how to fix it?
    I have them in png, they are not converted to lbm

-------------------------------------------------------

Btw in august i was making a prototype for a turn-based battle system and the unit designs from this mod came into use:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82PABSl.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	23245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VgF6xt3.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	557.7 KB 
ID:	23246  
    Last edited by YanBG; 01-14-2020 at 09:39.

Quote Originally Posted by YanBG View Post
    I did have plans for a lot of units(moslty MTW2 designs) but i haven't worked on the mod since february last year. It would have been ideal to have someone helping with the technical work like figuring the coordinates(i didn't ask because the graphics weren't final) but now i can upload my bifplates, for others to use.

Do you mean DruzhinaFoot? Or the russian archer type(would be Dvor Infantry)? I haven't released this one yet.

My bad, it seems i forgot to edit the region specific field(51 in GnomeEditor). You can either change it to ID_SERBIA(and some others) or leave it empty to be trained everywhere:

I have them in png, they are not converted to lbm

-------------------------------------------------------

Btw in august i was making a prototype for a turn-based battle system and the unit designs from this mod came into use:

Ok, when you will release an update fixing the huszars and lamtuna problem? and adding some new units?

Ok, when you will release an update fixing the huszars and lamtuna problem? and adding some new units?
    I don't have time to work on it

@Leith with 10 months delay, here are the spritesheets, sorry about that! Not all animations are done but you can see that i was adding light(slinger), heavy infantry and handgun/crossbow. I have some of them in bifplates too, also the renders in separate images for each frame but it would have been 25mb more to download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wwk5wk...1/MTW.rar/file

Actually you'll need the actionpages too, the way all sprites have the same arrangement means you can reuse the coordinates atleast. I just figured today that if dying is last(to the right) can occupy more pixels and have taller rectangle. So let me know if you have ideas to improve or find out something!

For the RusArcher:
    walk
    13 45 30 165 56 220
    13 45 30 110 56 165
    13 45 30 55 56 110
    13 45 30 0 56 55
    run
    18 45 104 165 139 220
    18 45 104 110 139 165
    18 45 104 55 139 110
    18 45 104 0 139 55
    idle
    7 45 0 165 30 220
    7 45 0 110 30 165
    7 45 0 55 30 110
    7 45 0 0 30 55
    die
    26 45 56 165 104 220
    26 45 56 110 104 165
    26 45 56 55 104 110
    26 45 56 0 104 55
    fight
    20 45 171 165 212 220
    20 45 171 110 212 165
    20 45 171 55 212 110
    20 45 171 0 212 55
    standing_shoot
    20 45 212 165 242 220
    20 45 212 110 242 165
    20 45 212 55 242 110
    20 45 212 0 242 55
    charge
    16 45 139 165 171 220
    16 45 139 110 171 165
    16 45 139 55 171 110
    16 45 139 0 171 55
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by YanBG; 01-14-2020 at 17:10.

Member thankful for this post:

Cheers, YanBG! These bifs look awesome! I have downloaded both files. I am afraid I'm not that good when it comes to figuring out the weapon and shield co-ordinates. Mascen Rufus or Axalon can figure this out easily however. Meanwhile I will give this my best shot, though I'm not that optimistic. Your art style is quite special if I may add, YanBG.

Members thankful for this post (2):