Thread: Rainy?

Question

Does anybody else think that it rains maybe a tad too much in the custom battles? Also, how does everybody feel about perhaps having an option that allows the weather to be set, or do you still like the random element in the weather?
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

It rains too much... Even Gil has commented on this as not their best development. So even the CA thinks it is too much.

Also I have noticed there are two versions of clear weather. I must admit I was a bit surprised when I saw the seldom one the first time. Can't remember what it was now... maddening
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

lol yeah it usally rains in the desert with me aswell
    Expect The Unexpected.

Go tell the Spartans, Stranger walking by, That here, Obedient to their laws, we lie. - King Xerxes

Yup. There's way too much rain in Medieval. Random weather as in Shogun would be fine.

I would like the game to randomly select a season before each campaign battle. Not at even odds, but with a much reduced chance of a winter battle and modified for the region. After getting the season the game could use the same algorithm as Shogun uses.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Friends, rain creates the mood of sorrow, death and sadness, just right for the bloody and hopeless battles of medieval

Amazing how they modelled medieval global warming in north west europe - looks just like today It plays hell with my bow strings and musks/arbs. But I still would not want to control the weather - it adds atmosphere and you have to adjust your tactics to the situation in hand. My favourites have to be battles in thunder and lightning