Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 301 to 319 of 319

Thread: Climate Change Thread

  1. #301
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I'd have thought the right wing prepping community would be pretty much in favour of all the energy and resource efficient measures the Greens advocate, whether or not they want to accept the climate change arguments. And any right minded person would support reducing our reliance on the oil rich countries. Approached from a number of perspectives, green measures are still sensible; do it now, find your preferred argument for it later.
    Has nothing to do with left or right, everybody likes a clean enviroment. In the west at least we have gotten very far, remember ths letter that was written with the water from the Thames, it is displayed at Londonś national museum it's insane.

    This is what is good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqQSwQLDIK8 It is fee, healthy and fast. Cycling an hour to get somewhere is normal for me. What if all these people used a car, everything would be jammed and everybody would be cursing. I know it is not realistic that everybody just take a bike to get around but it would help. This is very much normal here

  2. #302
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,482

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Look at the end of the graph.
    The carbon dioxide explodes and the temperature doesn't go down as it did before, it heavily fluctuates at the highest level.
    The impact is pretty obvious.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  3. #303
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Slack Man Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    10,772

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Look at the end of the graph.
    The carbon dioxide explodes and the temperature doesn't go down as it did before, it heavily fluctuates at the highest level.
    The impact is pretty obvious.
    Indeed, the correlation is obvious. What is interesting to me is that the CO2 does not appear to be dragging the temperature up fast enough to match the correspondence noted in the rest of the chart.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

  4. #304
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Look at the end of the graph.
    The carbon dioxide explodes and the temperature doesn't go down as it did before, it heavily fluctuates at the highest level.
    The impact is pretty obvious.
    It is obviously not unless we had several industrial ages. Ever heard of the medieval warmth, it was warmer then than it is now, Greenland is called greenland for a reason. It is an ice-age that is comming and there is nothing we can do to stop it

  5. #305
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,482

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Indeed, the correlation is obvious. What is interesting to me is that the CO2 does not appear to be dragging the temperature up fast enough to match the correspondence noted in the rest of the chart.
    There could be mitigating factors. E.g. there was a study that showed chem...ehm...contrails reduce temperatures on the ground quite a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    It is an ice-age that is comming and there is nothing we can do to stop it
    And/Or...we are already stopping that ice age from happening...


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  6. #306
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Can't, just buy a good coat

  7. #307
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,482

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Can't, just buy a good coat
    Well, since you probably understand the language of your masters, you might understand this:



    I doubt it will convince you, but the evidence is against you anyway.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  8. #308
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    He takes a very short period, nothing can be said about it for either side. He seems pretty neutral though I like that. Look at the graph I posted earlier, you will see the same thing happening over and over again Also posted a good docu, there is some Dutch in it but that shouldn't be hard for you, you Germans somethimes accidently end up here and do fine. Tanks aren't fun though what is wrong with a car
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-25-2018 at 06:59.

  9. #309
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,482

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    He takes a very short period, nothing can be said about it for either side. He seems pretty neutral though I like that. Look at the graph I posted earlier, you will see the same thing happening over and over again.
    The problem with your graph is that one can't really see what exactly is happening today because everything is cramped too close together. Noone doubts these cycles, but they cannot explain why the planet is heating up now when it should be cooling down as you say yourself. In the video he shows how solar activity has been going down since the 1980s and yet the planet became warmer since then. That's not supposed to happen in a natural cycle.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  10. #310
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    The problem with your graph is that one can't really see what exactly is happening today because everything is cramped too close together. Noone doubts these cycles, but they cannot explain why the planet is heating up now when it should be cooling down as you say yourself. In the video he shows how solar activity has been going down since the 1980s and yet the planet became warmer since then. That's not supposed to happen in a natural cycle.
    But yet it does, it is just that we have nothing to do with it, yet we are still stuck with the idea that we are, something that 'has settled'. It isn't. The only thing that has settled is a global CO2 emmision trade that some people get really rich with, it is basicly blackmail, the whole idea is hurting us, taxes are raised, our limits of transportation are compromised, and that won't stop untill we just call bull. We should just make things cleaner, starting with cleaning up the oceans from that plastic mess (thx China) and not become flaggalants. In western-Europe at least enviroments are realy clean, wildlife is doing great, even wolves and lynches are back (got a lynch here myself, half of it at least)

  11. #311
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Slack Man Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    10,772

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    But yet it does, it is just that we have nothing to do with it, yet we are still stuck with the idea that we are, something that 'has settled'. It isn't. The only thing that has settled is a global CO2 emmision trade that some people get really rich with, it is basicly blackmail, the whole idea is hurting us, taxes are raised, our limits of transportation are compromised, and that won't stop untill we just call bull. We should just make things cleaner, starting with cleaning up the oceans from that plastic mess (thx China) and not become flaggalants. In western-Europe at least enviroments are realy clean, wildlife is doing great, even wolves and lynches are back (got a lynch here myself, half of it at least)
    Side Note: I am pretty sure you mean Lynx when you wrote lynch. Lynch has VERY negative connotations to us yanks and is not a pretty part of our history.


    As to the main theme, you seem to be conflating those who are using Global Warming as a tool to enact their preferred vision of a corporation-less global quasi-communism with scientists warning and calling for significant change in the face of global warming. Certainly there are those on the political left (USA definition) who would use any tool to advance their agenda.

    In and of itself, however, their trumpeting of the need to change to cope with global warming does NOT automatically mean that the scientific data regarding Global Warming is somehow invalid. Meet the political argument with a political argument. Scientific data and theories derived therefrom must also be met in kind.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

  12. #312
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,482

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    First of all, emissions trade is a terrible idea and doesn't do anything to further global communism or even help a lot with emission reduction.

    Secondly, for someone who seems to be 100% sure about his argument, there is also very little to back that argument up. The graph that was linked doesn't show why temperature is going up when we should be headed into an ice age. That's a contradiction that needs to be explained.

    And thirdly, the platic pollution isn't just China's fault, it's our fault. China is just where we outsourced most of our production and the point about our environments being "really clean" is wrong as well. They may be cleaner than in other countries, but "really clean" is something else. And for many years we (Germans and probably others) actually exported our waste to China. China stopped that by the way, but I guess we'll just export our waste elsewhere now instead of dealing with it ourselves.
    Last edited by Husar; 11-27-2018 at 03:10.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  13. #313
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Side Note: I am pretty sure you mean Lynx when you wrote lynch. Lynch has VERY negative connotations to us yanks and is not a pretty part of our history.


    As to the main theme, you seem to be conflating those who are using Global Warming as a tool to enact their preferred vision of a corporation-less global quasi-communism with scientists warning and calling for significant change in the face of global warming. Certainly there are those on the political left (USA definition) who would use any tool to advance their agenda.

    In and of itself, however, their trumpeting of the need to change to cope with global warming does NOT automatically mean that the scientific data regarding Global Warming is somehow invalid. Meet the political argument with a political argument. Scientific data and theories derived therefrom must also be met in kind.
    Yes I meant Linx, sorry my bad I didn't mean any harm, I sometimes make mistakes in English, clumsy mistake

    As for subject, the science is not settled at all

  14. #314

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    As for subject, the science is not settled at all
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Deceptive usage of the words "science" and "settled"


    Neither is it settled that Netherlands is #2 food exporter in world. Maybe they're #5 or #100, who knows? I heard that once they were the top food producer in the galaxy, but that was centuries ago, things changed. Netherlands just needs to reclaim more land from the sea, which everyone thinks will recede or freeze soon. Netherlands is good at that. Once Uk is out of EUSSR they can help Netherlands into agriculture.
    Vitiate Man.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Member thankful for this post:

    Husar 


  15. #315
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Deceptive usage of the words "science" and "settled"


    Neither is it settled that Netherlands is #2 food exporter in world. Maybe they're #5 or #100, who knows? I heard that once they were the top food producer in the galaxy, but that was centuries ago, things changed. Netherlands just needs to reclaim more land from the sea, which everyone thinks will recede or freeze soon. Netherlands is good at that. Once Uk is out of EUSSR they can help Netherlands into agriculture.
    You will find it easily, if the EU (read France) didn't hold the Neds back in gen-tech and pulsh-fishery (very enviroment friendly compared to how they do it) we could easily be just be the largest food producers in the world. France protects it't outdated ways and it holds us down, every innovation the Netherlands gets their hands on is used, I realy dislike it that Dutch aren't allowed to because others don't innovate

  16. #316
    Backordered Member CrossLOPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brass heart.
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Look at the end of the graph.
    The carbon dioxide explodes and the temperature doesn't go down as it did before, it heavily fluctuates at the highest level.
    The impact is pretty obvious.
    You are arguing with a drop of sunshine that thought acid rain was a scam, despite living on a continent covered in ancient stone and concrete work damaged by the condition.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

    -><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

  17. #317
    Mr Self Important Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    No longer in Albion
    Posts
    15,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    You are arguing with a drop of sunshine that thought acid rain was a scam, despite living on a continent covered in ancient stone and concrete work damaged by the condition.
    His own town had a crisis with it's bells which lasted from the 17th century started to thin the metal due to the acidity in the rain, changing their pitch. But this affected Amsterdam a lot more due to higher pollution levels whilst he lives in a more beautiful area so it was milder.
    Last edited by Beskar; 11-27-2018 at 11:03.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" - Daryl Davis
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  18. #318
    master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The EUSSR
    Posts
    30,680

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    I lived in Amsterdam when I was still at university, absolutily nothing. They found out why trees where having trouble, water levels where lowered, acid rain is also a hoax. I do live in a beautifull place though although Amsterdam is also very pleasing but I like Amersfoort much better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdBlYgJFc1w&t=907s
    I got 20 restaurants in my street but there are much more, nice peacefull. You should visit it someday

  19. #319

    Default Re: Climate Change Thread

    The pastures don't have enough grass. Many Mongolians are leaving the countryside and moving into the city. They burn coal, which is affordable for them.

    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 01-14-2019 at 17:05.
    Wooooo!!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO