Thread: Tools - MTW

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Tools - MTW

Given that AtomicGamer is no longer online, a lot of the MTW tools have disappeared.

Can we do a repository here at the Guild to host them? Can anyone provide links to the latest version of the tools such as Gnome Editor, mapmakers and others?

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default Re: Tools - MTW

I've got a good collection of tools now, and am just setting up a MediaFire account, so I will upload a tools package to include:

• Gnome
    • ReadBIF
    • CA Tools package (PurpGrab, SeqGrab etc)
    • LMM
    • Mithel Image Converter

You can get a good mod installer at: http://www.clickteam.com/

An excellent (freeware) graphics package that handles LBMs properly from: http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion/index.php?Downloads

I'll update this when the tools package is available
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Fantastic stuff macsen rufus.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

There are still some working links in the Downloads section, and we have a backup of the old Mizus server here, but it would be nice to have a one-stop shop for tool downloads.

I can make a sticky (or use this one) and we can put links in the top post to the useful tools. Not being a modder, I don't know all the necessary tools beyond the basics, if you guys name some I can go hunting around for valid links. You can also attach files directly to posts if the file isn't too big, so it wouldn't have to be hosted remotely.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

That backup of yours, that Mizus server, have most tools, most modders of MTW, would need. As far as I can tell (seems to have plenty of junk too)...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 09-26-2016 at 15:34.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    That backup of yours, that Mizus server, have most tools, most modders of MTW, would need. As far as I can tell (seems to have plenty of junk too)...

- A
    Tosa managed the Mizus server, I believe he mirrored the AG TW section there for the most part. But it does lack some things, newer tools and mods that were placed on AG did not get put on the Mizus system.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Right then, I've basically zipped up my back-up folder of all the tools I have.

This includes Barocca's collection of CA tools, Duke John's collection of tools he distributed along with some units he made for Wars of the Roses etc (tools include LMM, Mithel, UnitMaker, some Excel spreadsheets, Gnome, Campaign Editor and a couple of versions of ReadBIF plus some other bits - I haven't used all of them myself....)

I've also included PakExtractor for RTW, as I find there are some useful images that can be recycled and/or modified, and I've thrown in copies of some colour palettes I've made that allow for faction colours to be used in review panel and battle icons (these work with both Photoshop and ProMotion - will save anyone else the time of making their own palettes). There are also installers for some graphics packages (which I didn't intend to include as they are readily available officially, but too late now ). Some items are duplicated as it was just a back-up folder....

The whole package comes in at just short of 68MB. After a couple of fruitless hours spent swearing at MediaFire, I've finally resorted to Google Drive instead:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...Xdab0RTZEx2Vmc
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 09-27-2016 at 02:10.

Discussion forum thread

Members thankful for this post (2):

Excellent stuff macsen rufus. Thank you very much for this.

Proud

Been to:

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Looks great.

If you like, I've hosted your file here at the Org: http://totalwar.org/hosted/macsen_ru...ding_tools.zip
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Member thankful for this post:

That's fine by me, hope it helps get the next wave of modders going

Discussion forum thread

Macsen, just a heads up - the tools have been stickied on TWC as well, so thank you again.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Modding-Tools

Proud

Been to: