Thread: Noob: Total War

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Noob: Total War

Playing my first EB 2 campaign as Rome. What an incredible amount of work went into this mod. I was hoping one of you veterans could give me a little insight into how the Roman office's work. Say, how I would take my youngest family member and have him rise through the ranks to consul. Do I just park him outside a city with a couple units? I see the trait "relinquished imperium", what does that mean exactly? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Default Re: Noob: Total War

"Imperium relinquished" means he can't legally command an army. In my latest SPQR campaign I made it a strict house rule not to campaign or initiate battles (if the army was already abroad) with a general without imperium and always replaced them with the ones that were granted it.

To walk your characters through Cursus Honorum watch their traits: the path to their career opens with "Eligible for Aedilis". Have him stay in Roma for a year (4 turns, actually until after the first turn of the following year I believe). After Aedilis come Quastor, Praetor and finally Consul. Previous consuls have a chance to be granted the offices of Propraetor and Proconsul.

Pick your favourites. You don't have to let all of them walk up the ladders
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Members thankful for this post (3):

Thx Mouza appreciate the response. So what is the penalty in the game for leading an army with a general who does not have legal imperium?

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

I left that part out because I don't clearly remember. Most likely morale and command penalties and probably opening way for more negative traits for the character.

PS: Welcome to the ORG!
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; 09-30-2016 at 19:34.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Member thankful for this post:

Thx again! Loving the mod. The history lesson's are just incredible. As Rome, I just pushed into Cisalpine Gaul after fighting off a few stacks. Wish me luck lol

One more question if I could. I'm playing as Rome on H/M. I took all of Cisalpine Gaul and found though I won the battles pretty easily the rebel cities had decent garrisons, and I was even attacked by a random enemy stack. Then Carthage declared war on me. I took a beating from their navy initially, but then took Aleria and Caliris, Lilybaum (sp?) and finally Carthage itself with little to no resistance. My question is, should I even bother to continue the campaign? Is it possible to be challenged as Rome? I'm on turn 73, and didn't think I was blitzing the AI. Would restarting on VH/M be any different? Thx again for any input.