Thread: Fragony departing?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Fragony departing?

I think he just opted out after a backroom post wherein he was (I believe jokingly) labeled a "Nazi."
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Fragony departing?

That would be a shame if he did...
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Not just jokingly, but also purposefully.

He said something that was completely wrong, at least on the surface, so I said something that was obviously meant to be wrong to him. He complained that people could get the wrong ideas when I do that even though he knew how I meant that. So I pointed out that he should be more careful what he says so people don't get the wrong ideas based on what he actually writes (even though some here may know what he means). Then he told me that he does not care how other people interprete what he says, to which I replied that I don't need to care about that either then and repeated my obviously wrong comment that he were a Nazi. I wanted to point out his hypocrisy and double standard and apparently he did not like that...

I remember when Tribesman left due to Fragony's behavior, Fragony said something like "If that is how he sees it, nothing I can do.", so maybe I should apply that same standard here?

I certainly didn't want him to leave, it seemed like a discussion we've had several times for the last five years or so, but maybe I found his weak point now. Which is strange since several people actually do think he is a Nazi and quite a few also left the forum because of that...

I'm somewhere between sorry to see him go and it just being karma or whatever.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Member thankful for this post:

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

The way Fragony responds to posts sometimes frustrates me as well, so I can see why Husar did what he did. That said, I've always thought of him as a harmless oddball (with some rough edges) and it's a shame if he really left for good.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I am honest, he probably just went "bye org" and headed to the pub for the pint. Going to be rather embarrassing for him when he returns home and see this thread, might make him ashamed to return.

Don't hold back from posting again Fragony, misunderstandings occur often on forums.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I still read the POTUS thread so saw this, no I am not coming back. Louis had to give up his moderating function because of a jest I didn't even know about, and couldn't have cared less if I did. And a staff-member can call me a nazi without any irony whatsoever? Making up things I said I never said? In a lawsuit that is character-assasination, in real life that is you-> ground in one second. Look at your own rules of conduct, personal attacks are not allowed. Maybe you people are in need of some introspection of how you interpetate your rules. I will be following this thread as well. And Husar, fuck you I always liked your sarcasm, but I really don't know what to make from you anymore, I thought you were joking and was really surprised that you were dead-serious.

My facebook for those who happen to be around https://www.facebook.com/bas.foeth?ref=bookmarks

Good job ignoring everything I explained above?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Final post, I am not the first to leave because of you, quite a killstreak. So long and thanks for the fish

So all you have are completely unrelated issues, and you ignore that I explained that I wasn't serious and still complain about it?
    I might be sad or even sorry if you had a point, but you just don't. It's like you just wanted to find a reason to leave and blame someone else.

Oh well.

Cheers Fragony, hope to see you around perhaps in the future.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Fragony:

Sometimes you put very little effort in making your thoughts clear, and often you deliberately use exaggerations. This sometimes creates the impression that you're an extremist.
    At other times, you put very little effort in understanding other people's posts. Or putting together a response that has anything to do with those posts. Hence my comment about mackerel being tasty in the Brexit thread.

You said that you don't really care about either of that...and that's why Husar called you a Nazi. Not because you are one, but because if you don't think that the way you use words matter, why should he?

Husar 

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Too bad, he seemed like a likable guy.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Sorry to hear you leave Fragony. I always enjoyed reading your posts although I think you indulged Gilandir too much.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Fragony was kind enough to buy me a meal and a beer or two when I visited him in the Netherlands. Really nice guy in person and very hospitable. Will miss you around these parts.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Fragony was kind enough to buy me a meal and a beer or two when I visited him in the Netherlands. Really nice guy in person and very hospitable. Will miss you around these parts.
    [emphasis added]

Yeah, right. I think someone is getting a little selective about the numbers here....
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

That's too bad. Seemed like the most down to earth person here. Would have been great to meet him and have an awesome connect in the Netherlands.

PMed me some kind words when I first signed up.
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 11-15-2016 at 00:27.

Frag stop hiding, come back to the Org.

Proud

Been to: