Thread: Custom Battle Recruitment

Default Custom Battle Recruitment

Maybe a thread has addressed this already, but I did not feel like going through 101 pages of threads trying to find it. When I am trying a custom battle in EB, Rome cannot build its standard units. I did not see Hastati, Principes, Triarii, or the Legionaries, or any of those units. Likewise, as Macedon, I did not see the Agyraspids, and neither Macedon or Greece could get Classical Hoplites. Again, this is for custom battle, so I was just wondering if others have this too.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Custom Battle Recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Butler View Post
    Maybe a thread has addressed this already, but I did not feel like going through 101 pages of threads trying to find it. When I am trying a custom battle in EB, Rome cannot build its standard units. I did not see Hastati, Principes, Triarii, or the Legionaries, or any of those units. Likewise, as Macedon, I did not see the Agyraspids, and neither Macedon or Greece could get Classical Hoplites. Again, this is for custom battle, so I was just wondering if others have this too.
    Yes, the unit-gallery can only show a limited number of units, so EB's faction units get downed by the regional ones. The solution is to replace the default EDU unit file with a filtered one for MP/custom battles. From the EB FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Q: In custom battles or multiplayer the unit selection is missing units.
    A: All of the regionals cause a problem for the custom battle / multiplayer list. There is a special EDU for custom battles / multiplayer in the "...Rome- Total War\EB\mp custom game edu" folder. Rename your campaign EDU then place the EDU from that folder into the "...Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder. When you want to play a campaign again, switch back to your original EDU. EB v1.1 now comes with the trivial script, which will automatically switch the files for you. To play custom battles or multiplayer battles with all of your factional units, run the "Play Multiplayer" option of the trivial script.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Member thankful for this post:

Kull 

Default Re: Custom Battle Recruitment

Ah. Thank you.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare