Thread: Usefulness of musketeers in M2TW

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Usefulness of musketeers in M2TW

For quite a while I wondered how useful musketeers/arquebusiers are in M2TW - I did win a Spanish campaign in M2TW, albeit with some help, and in the last few phases of the campaign I used quite a lot of musketeers and tercios to back them up. Alongside cannons whenever I had the chance.

But I never managed to pit them effectively against other armoured units. Against unarmoured Aztecs they were a real threat, against armoured knights not so much. The only time where I used musketeers effectively was in the historical Battle of Pavia, where musketeers and landsknechts formed a real compact group together and a very efficient one too.

So - musketeers in M2TW - how useful are they exactly?

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Usefulness of musketeers in M2TW

Read this guide: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...83#post4246883. I've playing a battle in Stainless Steel 6.3/6.4 in which my and foe troops are composed entirely of muskeeters and I've winning after a intense skirimish
    Last edited by Arnulf Floyd; 10-13-2017 at 16:10.