Thread: Kudos for Total War: Warhammer

Default Kudos for Total War: Warhammer

Total War: Warhammer was one of the Top 12 grossing games on the Steam Top 100 2016 list, placing in the Platinum level.

The website Kotaku UK has also placed Total War: Warhammer in its list of The Ten Best British Games of 2016.

As the Top Games Lists of 2016 continue to roll out, it seems likely that TW: Warhammer will be a strong contender to make it on some more.

Seems like a good time to check out the game and see what the hoopla is all about.
    This space intentionally left blank

Default Re: Kudos for Total War: Warhammer

Not to drag it up here but I think this says a lot about us. I saw this on several "Top 10 games of the year" lists which you'd think would be cause for celebration around here with all the activity to go with a new, popular game and maybe a chance to reconnect with CA and we get tumbleweeds. o.O

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Warhammer is not the typical TW game, hence why some are not so enthusiastic with it, and that's perfectly fine. It's not everyone's cup of tea, just like the others aren't everyone elses.

But it's good that it sold a lot of copies - it's good for CA. And good for us who are eagerly awaiting the historical games.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

It's not everyone's cup of tea, just like the others aren't everyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Warhammer is not the typical TW game, hence why some are not so enthusiastic with it, and that's perfectly fine. It's not everyone's cup of tea, just like the others aren't everyone elses.
    It's a continuing trend of taking popular franchises and rebooted into something they were never meant to be due to a lack of creativity on part of the developers.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    It's a continuing trend of taking popular franchises and rebooted into something they were never meant to be due to a lack of creativity on part of the developers.
    I don't think that is necessarily the case. Look at the mods made for TW games in the past. I know there is/was an Lord of the Rings mod and seem to recall seeing a mod for Game of Thrones (I'm not a mod person so I don't pay too much attention to them). So there is an interest in these TW and franchise marriages from the fan base.

I've only dabbled a bit with TW: Warhammer, but one thing I find interesting is that they have taken the franchise off the ground with air units. I can't help but wonder if this is a toe-in-the-water for possible modern warfare TW games. The magic also opens the door other fantasy-based franchises. Both modern warfare and fantasy franchises have their own challenges for the TW formula, but I see potential with these new flavors of TW as opposed to recycling Shogun, Rome and Medieval over and over again.
    This space intentionally left blank