Thread: bribing rebels

Default bribing rebels

i gave up the idea of bribing armies many years ago, since all that ever happened was that i lost my money.
    yet i see suggestions here to bribe armies, so, whats the secret ?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: bribing rebels

A good emissary.

And when you have a very good general, you either have an excellent emissary to be able to bribe him properly or if you want the army, use a ninja or geisha and then bribe off the 0 star general.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    A good emissary.

And when you have a very good general, you either have an excellent emissary to be able to bribe him properly or if you want the army, use a ninja or geisha and then bribe off the 0 star general.
    ok, i only ever used the emissary as an early scout, how do i give him quick training ?

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

I've found bribing to be mostly a waste of time (and koku). If you have enough money to meet the exorbitant prices, then you should just train the troops you need with that koku One would have to be extremely dedicated to "diplomacy" to get an emissary to even honor 3, which would require 7 successful missions. I use my emissary as bait (they are the primary target for enemy ninjas), by setting a ninja trap in a given province. A border fort combined with a pile of shinobi will usually snare dozens of enemy ninja before they finally get to the emissary.

Once my initial emissary is killed, I never create another. If another clan really wishes an alliance (or ceasefire), they will send an emissary to you. Then you can accept...or kill him I just wish the devs had made the same "emissary's head on a platter" cut-scene for the player, as the AI gets when it rejects yours.
    High Plains Drifter

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Technically, you can use him behind enemy lines with efficiency. Find rebels, or factions that you are at war with, and bribe very small armies (one or two units).

That way you create havoc behind enemy lines, manage to snag some provinces you can abandon anyways, recoup your investment (by destroying buildings) and train your emissary.

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

If you're lucky, or it's very early in a game, I suppose. On expert difficulty, any of your emissaries have a price on their head, whether you keep them home or send them on a mission. It's almost impossible to keep one alive, and rather than waste time and money spamming enough of them to get through, I resorted to using them as bait and make the AI spam ninja's trying to kill him. Technically, if a province is creating a ninja on any given turn, it isn't creating a combat unit. Technically.......
    High Plains Drifter

Whilst I agree that Emissaries are generally an easy target for Ninjas ; I find them more practicable than spies, since they can move around freely without getting "caught" by Border Forts. Generally speaking, I find bribing to be mostly a waste of time (and koku) also...
    Last edited by DEB8; 02-01-2017 at 21:29.