Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [Concluded]

Default Re: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [In Play]

Apologies for my late arrival. Normal weekend issues compounded with having a kid that had a fever of 102+ for three days has made it hard to get engaged.

vote: Al Sips

Now that I got that out of the way… I don’t know that I can fault him for coming into the thread and placing his normal D1 vote on me. A bit worrisome that he hasn’t been back, but like I can complain about lack of attendance. If it becomes a pattern, then let’s lynch. Otherwise I don’t think he is worthy of a lynch today. unvote.

Posters I like so far
    - Choxorn
    - lewwyn

Posters I question
    - The whole renata/Winston/Zack thing is weird to me. Might be nothing but there is smoke there I think. Problem is I don’t know where the smoke is coming from exactly.
    - Zack is up to his usual shenanigans (being obtuse with answering questions, then feigning offence when people press him on it). Problem is he does this in both alignments.
    - DP is not his usual transparent townie self, but that could just be because he is maturing as a player

Everyone else
    - Pretty much null at this point on everyone else. Arakhor is the vote de jure at the moment is seems. I don’t see his activity being much out his of meta, though I have been burned by that in the past.

I guess for now I’ll go with vote: Dp101.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

The thing that I specifically don't like about Al, post volume aside, is that particular phrasing of going back to read more, when there's nothing to read. I've seen it before. It would remain as a tell for me even if he had had other posts since then. I feel like most people who are commenting on him are ignoring that aspect and trying to reduce it to just "he had only one post and disappeared".

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Apologies for my late arrival. Normal weekend issues compounded with having a kid that had a fever of 102+ for three days has made it hard to get engaged.

vote: Al Sips

Now that I got that out of the way… I don’t know that I can fault him for coming into the thread and placing his normal D1 vote on me. A bit worrisome that he hasn’t been back, but like I can complain about lack of attendance. If it becomes a pattern, then let’s lynch. Otherwise I don’t think he is worthy of a lynch today. unvote.

Posters I like so far
    - Choxorn
    - lewwyn

Posters I question
    - The whole renata/Winston/Zack thing is weird to me. Might be nothing but there is smoke there I think. Problem is I don’t know where the smoke is coming from exactly.
    - Zack is up to his usual shenanigans (being obtuse with answering questions, then feigning offence when people press him on it). Problem is he does this in both alignments.
    - DP is not his usual transparent townie self, but that could just be because he is maturing as a player

Everyone else
    - Pretty much null at this point on everyone else. Arakhor is the vote de jure at the moment is seems. I don’t see his activity being much out his of meta, though I have been burned by that in the past.

I guess for now I’ll go with vote: Dp101.
    I like this post right up to the bolded phrase. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one voting Arakhor.

This gives me the impression you're not as caught up as you're trying to imply you are.

In other words, that on some level you are faking it.

Welcome to the game, though.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been burned once for (successfully) pushing a DP lynch on D1 and him flipping town, so I'm hesitant to go down that path twice in such short of a time. I've got my eye on him but I'd rather lynch elsewhere today.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Does anyone have a vote count?
    And deadline is in little under 7 hours I think? yes?

BTW also feeling fine with Visor.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I've been burned once for (successfully) pushing a DP lynch on D1 and him flipping town, so I'm hesitant to go down that path twice in such short of a time. I've got my eye on him but I'd rather lynch elsewhere today.
    Such as?

EoD is at 3pm Eastern, in a bit over 3.5 hours.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Renata, does BSmith changing his mind on something midstream remind you of anything?

~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Lewwyn View Post
    Such as?
    atheotes, Arakhor, Visor, maybe Al Sips.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Re: Bsmith -- no. If it's supposed to, you'll have to remind me. I didn't really sleep last night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    Re: Bsmith -- no. If it's supposed to, you'll have to remind me. I didn't really sleep last night.
    This actually surprises me, because it was one of your biggest lines of attack on Beck in the offsite game a couple weeks ago.

I have my own thoughts on BSmith's post but I'm eager to see where you go with this piece of information first.

I like this post right up to the bolded phrase. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one voting Arakhor.

This gives me the impression you're not as caught up as you're trying to imply you are.
    I've read through the thread once quickly, in separate sittings... so yeah, I am probably not as caught up as I should be. Got the feeling that there was more attention on Arakhor. An updated vote tally would help things.
    2B1ASK1

I literally don't remember going after him for that reason right now. Unless you mean his change of opinion on Spider? That wasn't mid-post, though. Otherwise I went after him for taunting, for lolslip every half dozen of my posts, for talking to himself mid-analysis, and some other stuff.

Oh ok, now I remember. Marko, in that big post. Yeah, ok, let me go read again.

Renata, does BSmith changing his mind on something midstream remind you of anything?
    Where did I change my mind? On the Al sips thing? I didn’t change my mind. I just kept to my standard D1 first vote on Al, but I don’t know that I actually want to lynch him today.
    2B1ASK1

Ok, I'm not getting that same sort of twinge as with Beck, I think because it's not really a change of opinion in this case. Unless I'm mistaken, BSmith and Al Sips always vote each other off the bat. So the rest is just explaining why the vote's not staying there. A little unnecessary, maybe.

The post as a whole doesn't improve on second glance, though. I don't think there's a single solid opinion on anybody in it.

EoD is at 3pm Eastern, in a bit over 3.5 hours.
    K, That's 4AM for me here in China.

Blog Entries

Okay, didn't realize about the BSmith/Al Sips traditional votes thing. Objection withdrawn, and I can buy what BSmith's selling about Arakhor because I had the same impression of where Arakhor stood in the vote tally before I reread.

Also, because apparently it's the trendy thing to do today:

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith
    Arakhor is the vote de jure at the moment is seems
    *du jour

Member thankful for this post:

novice 

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    I've read through the thread once quickly, in separate sittings... so yeah, I am probably not as caught up as I should be. Got the feeling that there was more attention on Arakhor. An updated vote tally would help things.
    It would. I'm way too sleepy to make one though. I'd just screw it up. You volunteering?

atheotes, Arakhor, Visor, maybe Al Sips.
    Who's your #1?

Blog Entries

Who's your #1?
    atheotes and Arakhor at the moment, not sure between the two of them. They're on a higher tier than Visor and Al Sips. What about you?

Unless I'm mistaken, BSmith and Al Sips always vote each other off the bat.

The post as a whole doesn't improve on second glance, though. I don't think there's a single solid opinion on anybody in it.
    That’s because there isn’t a single solid opinion on anybody in it. I don’t tend to form solid opinions early in the game, especially on D1. Tomorrow once there is vote history and night action results will be a different story.
    2B1ASK1

atheotes and Arakhor at the moment, not sure between the two of them. They're on a higher tier than Visor and Al Sips. What about you?
    I'm thinking I'll leave my vote on DP.

I don't have a read on atheotes or Arakhor yet (no familiarity). I'm sure once Day 1 is over I will though.

*du jour
    I was hoping spell check would assist me there. Didn’t really have the time to double check before posting….

It would. I'm way too sleepy to make one though. I'd just screw it up. You volunteering?
    Alas, no. I’m supposed to be working right now…
    2B1ASK1

Blog Entries

People I don't want to lynch for a while
    Zack
    Renata
    Csargo
    Choxorn
    Lewwyn

People I don't want to lynch *today*
    BSmith
    DP101
    Al Sips (conditional on him coming back and looking decent)

People I want to lynch in
    atheotes
    Al Sips (conditional on the above not happening)
    Visor
    Arakhor

Out for a while, should be back before end of day.

I'm thinking I'll leave my vote on DP.

I don't have a read on atheotes or Arakhor yet (no familiarity). I'm sure once Day 1 is over I will though.
    Did you read their posts?

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Wish Dp had not shown up for one post and then disappeared. All three of my voters parking there without a care it seems.
    I might switch. Feels like GH hasn't done much, and would be a decent option. Dislike your current case, mostly because I can't see anything alignment indicative in anything you quoted. Do you know if Visor is more serious or more jokey as mafia? It might help me figure out if the thanking posts without posting thing he did earlier was towny or not.

I have these two triumvirates going on in my mind right now. First is people voting me (Monty, Snerk, Dp). All three far too static in their reads right now.

Second is Zack, Winston, Dp. All bother me in one way or another over the aftermath of Zack's vote on Winston earlier today.

Dp is the overlap. Would vote there. Probably prefer Arakhor or Al Sips.

Dremora Courtier Member Arakhor's Avatar

Actually this could also fit in with my most recent post as well. Arakhor, can you walk me through precisely why you consider Monty's actions here suspect?
    Well, apart from the fact that trying to prompt a full role-reveal on Day One (you know, before anything has happened) is just disrespectful to the designer's work, it was the inept way he went about it. Vigilantes shouldn't reveal, thereby suggesting that those who don't reveal have vig powers, but doctors, role-blockers and other town power roles should reveal, because of course the scum will be nice enough not to take advantage of that.

In summary: it's un-fun, inept and counter-productive either way, but it's not necessarily scummy, no.

Default Re: Small Mafia Game: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords

Choxorn as the purest poster in the game right now, who'd have guessed?
    The last time I recall this being said, chox was scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    I might switch. Feels like GH hasn't done much, and would be a decent option. Dislike your current case, mostly because I can't see anything alignment indicative in anything you quoted. Do you know if Visor is more serious or more jokey as mafia? It might help me figure out if the thanking posts without posting thing he did earlier was towny or not.
    I don't know anything about Visor's meta as a wolf; I've never seen it. I've heard he's good.

Do you really see nothing alignment indicative on Arakhor? It seems like he's almost aggressively trying to say nothing he can be pinned down on. He characterizes it as being undecided, but I've seen undecided plenty, and it doesn't ping me lik that.

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast