Thread: Strategy for Playing the Teutonic Knights?

Default Strategy for Playing the Teutonic Knights?

Has anyone ever won with these guys? Seems no matter what every (and I mean every) other kingdom is against you almost from the start, little chance to build due to military needs, poor performing settlements, etc. If someone has a winning strategy, I'd sure like to hear it - failed four for four somehow. Haven't won with Lithuania yet either but I only tried once. Thanks.

Default Re: Strategy for Playing the Teutonic Knights?

As a side note, it seems strange to me that a game this old is still buggy. Especially in city battles, units refuse to attack, can not be placed where they could normally go without a problem (for instance, in a city street - in the set up one has to make their front very small but they can be moved all the way across the street as soon as the battle starts), enemy re-enforcements to the city keep walking towards a gate even if you attack them (same often happens with regular battle re-enforcements if one correctly guesses where they will arrive and attack them), you take a city on a mission and get a report, "no need to take the city since another faction has taken it", twice I received missions as the Lithuanians to kill a foreign crusading lord and, after doing so, get a message like "so sad he wasn't killed and returned home" - well, maybe in a casket :), etc. I've only played a few TW games (Med I/II, Rome) - all had bugs - are all TW games bugged out without patches to fix said bugs?

Default Re: Strategy for Playing the Teutonic Knights?

OK, I finally won with them. I didn't do anything different - the AI just didn't have everyone attacking me in the beginning. I can't believe nobody here has played the add on campaigns - especially since it's well known that most TW add-ons are better then the original.