Thread: Refacing an Army

Question

A quick question....

Recently I was playing a battle and I had just got my army formed up and in position ready for the charge into battle when my devious enemy rushed his army past my right flank to gain high ground. This was a very clever tactic for the AI as it threw my army into complete chaos as I tried to turn the whole formation about 90 degrees.

I tried 'Select All' and then 'ALT-Right Click' to turn them all but they all individually turned on the spot instead of the whole formation turning. He then charged me flank on while i was trying to manually clear the mess up but it was too late for me to save the battle.

Is there some special hot-key combination for rotating a whole army so I dont get made a fool of again??
    Your jest shall savour but a shallow wit
    when thousands more weep than did laugh at it

- Henry V

no i dont think so keep clicking its what i do
    Expect The Unexpected.

Go tell the Spartans, Stranger walking by, That here, Obedient to their laws, we lie. - King Xerxes

heh, I've had that happen to me before. Now I keep close watch as the enemy approaches. As soon as I see the approaching attacker move to either side of my formation, I pause and begin cycling my troops into position to match the AI's moves. It's a bit tedious at times, but can make all the difference.
    - All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

No hotkey, but if you group your whole army they will turn together. If you try turning all your units and they are not grouped together, they will turn individually.
    There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

Lightbulb

I was trying this last night:

There doesnt seem to be a way to make the whole army turn on the spot but if you left click a very short distance away (when you have the army selected) in the desired direction the army will turn to face that way then stop. Quite often though the formation gets a bit scrambled as they all push and shove into each other - especially if there are a few trees or houses nearby. But far better that than have the enemy carve straight through your flanks like a lawnmower
    Your jest shall savour but a shallow wit
    when thousands more weep than did laugh at it

- Henry V

Acronym is right. Group the whole army (CTRL-A) then turn (ALT + R CLICK). You can drag the R CLICK until they end up facing the way you want them to.

Should work:

Ctrl + A, G(group them all), Alt + R Click then should turn them. Make sure they are all in one group
    There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.