Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: French Revolution Mafia - sign-up thread [March 8 start date]

Default Re: French Revolution Mafia - sign-up thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Game still won't begin until Wednesday, but I'll probably open the game thread and send out PMs for you to begin tinfoiling Zack at some point tomorrow night.
    ftfy

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I guess I'll have to defer to your expertise. My level of language study outside my native English includes just a few years of German, and a lifetime of layman loathing the French language. (The culture is nice, the language is not, IMO.)
    The language is not?

Traître!
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Given the mix of folks who post little and don't want to read 99 pages on day one, and some big talkers, I will personally tone down my post count and length of wall o text posts regardless of rand.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: French Revolution Mafia - sign-up thread [March 8 start date]

Insert Zack laughing at the previous post here.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Member thankful for this post:

Zack 

Brief nudity that appeared on broadcast television. NSFW warning

Some of you guys are basically space aliens from different galaxies who operate on different laws of physics.

Csargo, Khan, Snerk (sometimes?), Logic...
    Monstr, Renata, Montmorency, Zack and El Barto. And me!

People who post once, twice, three times a daily, and folks that use the thread as a place to poop. Can they coexist in one universe and even catch mafia... together?

Will anyone bend their styles or philosophies? Can spammers coexist with nonspammers?

Will orgahs and their politeness get along with outsiders who are used to lax moderation and probably haven't read our gameroom rules regarding code of conduct yet?

How many people will quit mafia forever after this game?

*munches popcorn, well aware I'm going to lose 12 friends over this game somehow...*
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 03-07-2017 at 13:21. Reason: Saw Snerk's post count in recent game
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Members thankful for this post (3):

I feel so left out. This is what you get from lurking in the shadows...
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Csargo 

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Given the mix of folks who post little and don't want to read 99 pages on day one, and some big talkers, I will personally tone down my post count and length of wall o text posts regardless of rand.

Zack 

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Some of you guys are basically space aliens from different galaxies who operate on different laws of physics.

Csargo, Khan, Snerk (sometimes?), Logic...
    Monstr, Renata, Montmorency, Zack and El Barto. And me!

People who post once, twice, three times a daily, and folks that use the thread as a place to poop. Can they coexist in one universe and even catch mafia... together?

Will anyone bend their styles or philosophies? Can spammers coexist with nonspammers?

Will orgahs and their politeness get along with outsiders who are used to lax moderation and probably haven't read our gameroom rules regarding code of conduct yet?

How many people will quit mafia forever after this game?

*munches popcorn, well aware I'm going to lose 12 friends over this game somehow...*
    I'm not sure what category I fall into just yet, but I can tell you that once I am more comfortable with the group, I shall be more vocal. Hopefully not notoriously so.
    Aliases Yakostovian

@Askthepizzaguy

lol ily
    "How dare you dodge the barrel!"

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FYI, I intend to start the game at 10:00 AM US Eastern (GMT-5) tomorrow. Rand will probably happen at some point tonight, at which point I'll send out your PMs and divulge your factional Quicktopics.

As a reminder, we'll be using 48/24 phases, though there will probably be drift.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Snerk (sometimes?)
    Did you just call me a lurker? Cause that, my friend, is an outright fabrication. Vote: ATPG

Though tbf if the content output becomes ridiculous, I will lose interest rapidly. But I have it on good authority that this is still a bastion of sensibel activity levels.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Ahahahahahahaha.

Though it must be said that in the last game I died in I think I kept it under 100 posts per 36 hours pretty consistently despite the provocation of higher-posters around me. And in the one previous to THAT (a generally very low-posting alias affair that got cancelled after one day) I posted only 30 or so times. Hydra game with Dp doesn't count because I had to do two players' work. (coughdon'thurtmedpiloveyoucough)

I'm turning over a new leaf!

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    Ahahahahahahaha.

Though it must be said that in the last game I died in I think I kept it under 100 posts per 36 hours pretty consistently despite the provocation of higher-posters around me. And in the one previous to THAT (a generally very low-posting alias affair that got cancelled after one day) I posted only 30 or so times. Hydra game with Dp doesn't count because I had to do two players' work. (coughdon'thurtmedpiloveyoucough)

I'm turning over a new leaf!
    No, that's fair, you carried me throughout that.

I live happily in the mid-to-low tier. Sometimes I can have a high tier flush, but that hasn't happened here on this site before.

I can probably count on one hand the number of games where I have more than 100 posts the entire game. And I've been playing this game for 6 years now...
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

I expect the thread here to be manageable for everyone to be honest if only because a lot of the writing will be displaced to the factional QTs.

That is true. While my post count is normally relatively low, in networking games I could easily have more than 100 PMs in a single game, not to mention any QTs set up for easier conversation. Having other outlets certainly will lessen the pressure on the main thread.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

I'm a low-poster and I have proof -- Renata was gone for 5+ years and still has a higher postcount than me.

I dunno, something funny about that statistic there. I'm not sure what it is, exactly ...

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    I feel so left out. This is what you get from lurking in the shadows...
    Finns are meant to be silently fluent in foreign languages, according to the current school curriculum.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

I'll be posting ~5 posts daily
    Kinda signed up wanting to enjoy a chill game

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I dunno, something funny about that statistic there. I'm not sure what it is, exactly ...
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

to be clear, the game is won by one of the factions OR the mafia, right? there's no "town".

it's basically multimultiball?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    to be clear, the game is won by one of the factions OR the mafia, right? there's no "town".

it's basically multimultiball?
    Correct.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

Randomization of roles will happen shortly (need to make a phone call first), with role PMs to follow and then further determination of who the mafia is. The official game thread will go up a little while later tonight, though it will be locked until start of play at 10:00 tomorrow morning US Eastern time (GMT-5).

In the meantime, while we wait for random.org's guillotine-like judgment:

Blog Entries

Clarification: When I say "it is not recommended that you reveal your identity" in your role PM, I mean to say that it's not recommended you reveal your character name, not your actual username.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234