Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114
Results 3,391 to 3,399 of 3399

Thread: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Default Re: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Pannonian:

You really should drop the 350 millions in saving thing. It was then, leading up to the referendum, somewhere between a "lie" and a "damned lie." Leavers mostly figured it was hyperbole even then and now it is water under a series of bridges for two years. You will have to cope with the fact that none of the Leavers will bother to ask, and that none of the Leaver leadership is EVER going to say "I was lying to try to influence the vote, knowing full well it was a crock of excrement. I hereby resign and leave public life." like you clearly so want them to do.

Your lot is winning anyway, just keep up the skeer and the next ref will clear it.
    "Which is why I am so determined to deliver now on the promises of that 2016 referendum campaign: not just to honour the will of the people, but to increase the cash available for this amazing national institution"

4th August 2019, Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

He's reiterated the promise whilst in the office of UK PM.

Edit: I'm less confident than you are that the truth will win over lies, and I'm resigned to leaving the EU on excruciating terms to satisfy the Leave leadership's games. The least I can do, given the uselessness of our official opposition, is to remind Leavers that this was what they chose.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 10-21-2019 at 20:47.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Bills of this complexity normally take months to work through, with several stages of debates and votes. The government has given Parliament less than 2 days to read through the Bill before voting. At least one Tory MP has said that what they've seen of it and the rushed process makes them highly nervous. The Bill makes for bad law, the government knows it, and it wants it passed before everyone realises it is bad law.

The DUP have already noted that Johnson has sold them out by normalising NI's economy with RoI's rather than the UK's. That's one bit. Another is the right to re-set employment and other rights in the future, which betrays the promises the government has made to the Labour rebels. More to come as people read through the Bill.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Bills of this complexity normally take months to work through, with several stages of debates and votes. The government has given Parliament less than 2 days to read through the Bill before voting. At least one Tory MP has said that what they've seen of it and the rushed process makes them highly nervous. The Bill makes for bad law, the government knows it, and it wants it passed before everyone realises it is bad law.

The DUP have already noted that Johnson has sold them out by normalising NI's economy with RoI's rather than the UK's. That's one bit. Another is the right to re-set employment and other rights in the future, which betrays the promises the government has made to the Labour rebels. More to come as people read through the Bill.
    Should the EU then automatically give more time for the democratic process?

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Ni dieu ni maître! Senior Member a completely inoffensive name's Avatar
    I live on the org, feeding off of what few thanks are tossed at my posts. It is up to you to make sure I don't starve.
    Blog Entries

Lol, delayed again
    In all these papers we see a love of honest work, an aversion to shams, a caution in the enunciation of conclusions, a distrust of rash generalizations and speculations based on uncertain premises. He was never anxious to add one more guess on doubtful matters in the hope of hitting the truth, or what might pass as such for a time, but was always ready to take infinite pains in the most careful testing of every theory. With these qualities was united a modesty which forbade the pushing of his own claims and desired no reputation except the unsought tribute of competent judges.

Formerly Wigferth Ironwall Senior Member Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Two steps Forward, one step back.

Let's have some music for this interlude, how about Two Steps From Hell "Impossible":

Now - to the point. Boris Johnson has already got further with this than May ever could have and, by my calculation he did it with an absolute majority in the House. Then the Bill got stuck in Limbo.

Boris is till hewing to his October 31st Deadline out of obstinacy, he's starting to look a bit deluded, to be honest.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

So 31st of October is out of the picture.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to: :

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country.

Blog Entries

Assuming the EU dont tell us to sod off, pretty much.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    he's starting to look a bit deluded, to be honest.
    Last edited by Beskar; 10-23-2019 at 20:06.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" - Daryl Davis
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

Ni dieu ni maître! Senior Member a completely inoffensive name's Avatar
    I live on the org, feeding off of what few thanks are tossed at my posts. It is up to you to make sure I don't starve.
    Blog Entries

Lol, delayed again
    In all these papers we see a love of honest work, an aversion to shams, a caution in the enunciation of conclusions, a distrust of rash generalizations and speculations based on uncertain premises. He was never anxious to add one more guess on doubtful matters in the hope of hitting the truth, or what might pass as such for a time, but was always ready to take infinite pains in the most careful testing of every theory. With these qualities was united a modesty which forbade the pushing of his own claims and desired no reputation except the unsought tribute of competent judges.

Member thankful for this post:

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114