Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103
Results 3,061 to 3,066 of 3066

Thread: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Member Furunculus's Avatar

Default Re: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

Keeps us in the single market for goods.
    Protects integrated supply chains like cars and chemicals.
    Minimises disription to all trade generally.

Allows services freedom from eu regulation.

Consider it my it my olive branch, as i reach across the divide majestically... :D
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    So long as Corbyn holds Labour in his grip there will be no new referendum from them. Whether he gets ousted or not depends entirely on whether enough of the Labour Party are willing to accept he's Antisemitic or not.
    He is an anti-zionist rather than an antisemitic. There is a lot of support for Palestine on the left (Corbyn is prime example of this), so Israel gets tarred a lot for its actions in relation to that. There is a difference between the two, even if the terms do get conflated a lot by people with an agenda (pro-zionists and genuine antisemitics).
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" - Daryl Davis
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    He is an anti-zionist rather than an antisemitic. There is a lot of support for Palestine on the left (Corbyn is prime example of this), so Israel gets tarred a lot for its actions in relation to that. There is a difference between the two, even if the terms do get conflated a lot by people with an agenda (pro-zionists and genuine antisemitics).
    He accepts anti-semitic tropes as well. There's a tweet somewhere where he likes a mural of big nosed bankers secretly controlling the world. An awful lot of his friends are even more overt anti-semites, and the number of anti-semitic incidents in the Labour party has risen drastically since he's become leader. Just as the rhetoric and direction of Brexit's leaders has encouraged the rise of the far right, so the rhetoric and direction of Labour's leaders has encouraged the rise of the anti-semitic left.

Formerly Wigferth Ironwall Senior Member Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Corbyn claims to be an anti-Zionist but his anti-Zionism has seen him openly embrace antisemitic figures and tropes, such as Ken Livingstone and that mural. It's also really debatable to what extent the term "Zionist" is actually useful today - Israel exists and the majority of its citizens were born there, in Israel today there are "Zionists" who simply want this state of affairs to continue, and also those who want to expand Israel.

I am not convinced Corbyn cares to distinguish - at which point "Zionist" is just a cover.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    Corbyn claims to be an anti-Zionist but his anti-Zionism has seen him openly embrace antisemitic figures and tropes, such as Ken Livingstone and that mural. It's also really debatable to what extent the term "Zionist" is actually useful today - Israel exists and the majority of its citizens were born there, in Israel today there are "Zionists" who simply want this state of affairs to continue, and also those who want to expand Israel.

I am not convinced Corbyn cares to distinguish - at which point "Zionist" is just a cover.
    I'm not sure Corbyn can distinguish. All the evidence suggests he is a dimwit with deep belief in certain dogma. Your medieval equivalent would be a church figure who can recite certain bits of scripture but without an independent thought of his own.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Formerly Wigferth Ironwall Senior Member Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I'm not sure Corbyn can distinguish. All the evidence suggests he is a dimwit with deep belief in certain dogma. Your medieval equivalent would be a church figure who can recite certain bits of scripture but without an independent thought of his own.
    As an historian of the medieval Church I must say, I find the comparison genuinely offensive.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103