Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 3622

Thread: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

Default Re: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Why are you attacking the interviewer when these are the actual words of the Tory PM candidates?
    I'll say it again. He's a no mark no nothing cretin who understand the square root of sod all to do with business.

A cretin.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    I'll say it again. He's a no mark no nothing cretin who understand the square root of sod all to do with business.

A cretin.
    What's that got to do with what Jeremy Hunt said?

Both Hunt and Boris are also simpletons. I do my best not to listen to either of them.

The Bashing Brexit Corporation though is another matter. If I don't pay their tax I go to prison. My money pays for lunatics like the bat eared interviewer who opines about subjects he has no idea about.

As someone who ran a business for 13 years I can tell you this. Anyone who is worth their salt would have put in place plans for a no deal Brexit years ago. Not that it matters that much. The idea the businesses can only trade when the government sets up a trade deal is hilarious and just shows how nescient the elites are.

There again most of them would have trouble running a bath never mind a business.

What's that got to do with what Jeremy Hunt said?
    Which part of your side lost don't you understand?
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 07-01-2019 at 16:57.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    Which part of your side lost don't you understand?
    It's very difficult to attribute sides when you are going full edge-mode and calling everyone cretins.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

I was bored today so I decided to look in my fridge to see what I regularly buy from the UK.

Salmon from the North Sea, Whisky from Scotland, Samuel Smith beer & Fentimen's Dandelion & Burdock soda. My gin is from Germany oddly enough, thank you Husar.

I have decided that I am fine with Scotland becoming independent as long as they annex everything above Leeds so I can keep my beer and soda in the EU.

South England needs to start making more things I find delicious.

EDIT: I thought my cod was from North Sea, in fact only my Salmon was. I am disappointed in myself, as I usually buy farmed salmon.
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 07-03-2019 at 05:55.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I was bored today so I decided to look in my fridge to see what I regularly buy from the UK.

Salmon from the North Sea, Whisky from Scotland, Samuel Smith beer & Fentimen's Dandelion & Burdock soda. My gin is from Germany oddly enough, thank you Husar.

I have decided that I am fine with Scotland becoming independent as long as they annex everything above Leeds so I can keep my beer and soda in the EU.

South England needs to start making more things I find delicious.

EDIT: I thought my cod was from North Sea, in fact only my Salmon was. I am disappointed in myself, as I usually buy farmed salmon.
    So, really, Scotland trades well with the US even without a trade deal.

Interesting, isn't it?
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    So, really, Scotland trades well with the US even without a trade deal.

Interesting, isn't it?
    It's interesting that you believe you can make a general point using anecdotal evidence like that.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    It's interesting that you believe you can make a general point using anecdotal evidence like that.
    I don't have the statistics to hand, but Scotland trades far less with the EU than England - so (ironically) Scotland benefit far less from EU membership in terms of trade.

I was just using ACIN's anecdote as an opportunity to make that point.

I don't have the statistics to hand, but Scotland trades far less with the EU than England - so (ironically) Scotland benefit far less from EU membership in terms of trade.

I was just using ACIN's anecdote as an opportunity to make that point.
    Does this mean that Scotland would be better off continuing to be joined to its biggest trading partner than to break off relations?

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

Does this mean that Scotland would be better off continuing to be joined to its biggest trading partner than to break off relations?
    Are you referring to England/rUK or the EU? :p
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    Are you referring to England/rUK or the EU? :p
    He's arguing that the UK should stay in the EU for the same reasons Scotland should stay in the UK.

The difference is that, by and large, it is the Remain camp that make the economic argument vis a vis Brexit and the Leave camp that make the same vis IndyRef2.

Clearly, economics are never a good reason for leaving anything - it's always disruptive and therefore bad in at least the short term.

On the other hand, war is also terrible for the economy...

I think I've discovered a lost chapter from George Orwell's 1984.
    It involves a dedicated firefighter who goes to an entirely legal public rally in his own time and voices his personal opinion about an important issue of the day.
    His opinion is so uncontroversial that it is shared by millions of other people in the country.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...u-can-17388243

Outrageous.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He was fine being in the self-serving clique when it suited his interests. Now he can finally see what many Unions are in fact - sucking up money to further their own political ends and of course continue to exist. The Union is not there for the people - the people are there to support the Union.

He spoke out against the (psudo)-State and was punished. No surprises there - any more than learning that businesses are not there to make the world a better place.

I ended my Union membership when I found out that there was no help when I needed them.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Brexit party politician denies that she was ever linked with Cambridge Analytica (data mining group that abused the heck out of social media data in the 2016 referendum, resulting in a Leave win and Facebook being fined 5 bn by US courts), claiming that she was in Kenya helping the democratic process. She threatens the journalist making this claim with libel. Cue recording in 2017 during the Kenyan election telling a friend that, should people find out she's working for Cambridge Analytica, there may be trouble.

NB. the 2017 Kenyan presidential election was annulled by the Kenyan court due to the ruling party's abuse of personal data. A new presidential election was ordered.

Do Brexiteers care about the above? Do they care that Leave campaigners abuse the heck out of democracy. Do they care that the actions of these campaigners have led to other countries recognising that elections influenced by them do not count as proper democratic processes? Nope. "You lost. Get over it."

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/sta...idge-analytica

Blog Entries

Brexit party politician denies that she was ever linked with Cambridge Analytica (data mining group that abused the heck out of social media data in the 2016 referendum, resulting in a Leave win and Facebook being fined 5 bn by US courts), claiming that she was in Kenya helping the democratic process. She threatens the journalist making this claim with libel. Cue recording in 2017 during the Kenyan election telling a friend that, should people find out she's working for Cambridge Analytica, there may be trouble.

NB. the 2017 Kenyan presidential election was annulled by the Kenyan court due to the ruling party's abuse of personal data. A new presidential election was ordered.

Do Brexiteers care about the above? Do they care that Leave campaigners abuse the heck out of democracy. Do they care that the actions of these campaigners have led to other countries recognising that elections influenced by them do not count as proper democratic processes? Nope. "You lost. Get over it."

What have the UK or European courts done about this? What has the EU in general done about this? Nothing. The courts did find Boris not guilty since in their opinion basically all politicians are liars in the same way fish are wet.

But you're found an article. Best we call the whole thing off since an MEP's second job is clearly the smoking gun that everyone has overlooked and has overturned democracy.

And let's just focus on this one election at this one time... One could almost think you're biased.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    What have the UK or European courts done about this? What has the EU in general done about this? Nothing. The courts did find Boris not guilty since in their opinion basically all politicians are liars in the same way fish are wet.

But you're found an article. Best we call the whole thing off since an MEP's second job is clearly the smoking gun that everyone has overlooked and has overturned democracy.

And let's just focus on this one election at this one time... One could almost think you're biased.

Or that it's in the news. This is the MO of the new far right, with lies, hypocrisy and abuses dismissed as "they're all at it". Bannon and Trump on the US side, Farage and co on the UK side, spreading their creed around the world. And in this case, the Kenyan courts ruled that sharp practice, of the same kind seen in the referendum, invalidated the presidential election. Not that the American and British far right care about that.

Edit: "That's libellous" - Alexandra Phillips MEP, on a journalist's claim that (Phillips) worked for Cambridge Analytica. I'd like her to test that assertion in court.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 07-17-2019 at 16:17.

Blog Entries

Or that it's in the news. This is the MO of the new far right, with lies, hypocrisy and abuses dismissed as "they're all at it". Bannon and Trump on the US side, Farage and co on the UK side, spreading their creed around the world. And in this case, the Kenyan courts ruled that sharp practice, of the same kind seen in the referendum, invalidated the presidential election. Not that the American and British far right care about that.

Edit: "That's libellous" - Alexandra Phillips MEP, on a journalist's claim that (Phillips) worked for Cambridge Analytica. I'd like her to test that assertion in court.
    Where is the EU? Where are the EU Courts? If this is such a problem why has no court in the UK or the EU done anything about this? Can you answer this question? It is pretty simple. There has been years for any branch of the judiciary to get involved.

Rather ironic you're doing exactly what you say the Far Right is - shouting about a Kenyan Court and incapable of explaining why the court of the EU or the UK has done anything.

do i care about what a non entity might say from a political party that didnt exist becore the referendum , who was previously employed by a company that had nothing to do with the official leave campaign, when my decision was made in january 2016 months before the official campaign begun...?

no, strangely, i do not care.
    Last edited by Furunculus; 07-17-2019 at 22:10.
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Quote Originally Posted by Times
    Whitehall sources say the presumptive prime minister was left “visibly shaken” after being briefed by civil servants to expect civil unrest if he goes through with his threat.

‎A senior government source revealed that importing fresh food through the port of Dover would be only the third highest priority in the event of no-deal, with clean water only fifth. Top of the list are lifesaving drugs, followed by medical devices and fresh food.

Nuclear power plant parts are then given priority over the import of chemicals to purify drinking water.
    Welcome Brexit!

Members thankful for this post (2):

Welcome Brexit!
    If Brexit ends up being that bad, the EU will rejoice to swoop in and save the day with rapid re-integration.

Boris Johnson is the new PM, without having been elected by the British people.

It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Boris Johnson’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people.

It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.

The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Boris Johnson as Prime Minister…

Boris Johnson could appease public indignation over that, and secure the democratic mandate he needs, by asking the public to vote at once on him, and on the implications of the no deal Brexit he wants. Let’s have an election without delay.

It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Boris Johnson’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people.

It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.

The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Boris Johnson as Prime Minister…

Boris Johnson could appease public indignation over that, and secure the democratic mandate he needs, by asking the public to vote at once on him, and on the implications of the no deal Brexit he wants. Let’s have an election without delay.
    ...It's normal. Most Prime Ministers pre-war were "not elected". Boris is not an elected President, demanding he get a personal mandate treats him like one.

...It's normal. Most Prime Ministers pre-war were "not elected". Boris is not an elected President, demanding he get a personal mandate treats him like one.
    Hypocrisy is normal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Johnson
    It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people.

The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Gordon Brown as Prime Minister…

Gordon Brown could appease public indignation over that, and secure the democratic mandate he needs, by asking the public to vote at once on him, on the new EU treaty, and on the implications of the devolutionary settlement. Let’s have an election without delay.

Blog Entries

Those aren't the laws of the land. They never have been. We didn't have an election when Tony Blair decided to take the country to war against Iraq. And that had protests of c. 2 million in London. The only one who can realistically sort this out is the Queen - who is more interested in keeping her family in power than rocking the boat.

To be clear - I think Boris is driven by rampant ambition bordering on narcissism. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got one eye on becoming the President of the USA in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Those aren't the laws of the land. They never have been. We didn't have an election when Tony Blair decided to take the country to war against Iraq. And that had protests of c. 2 million in London. The only one who can realistically sort this out is the Queen - who is more interested in keeping her family in power than rocking the boat.

To be clear - I think Boris is driven by rampant ambition bordering on narcissism. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got one eye on becoming the President of the USA in 2024.

I was quoting Boris Johnson himself on Gordon Brown becoming PM in 2007. It's not illegal to be a hypocrite. It doesn't make Johnson any less of a hypocrite.

Blog Entries

I was quoting Boris Johnson himself on Gordon Brown becoming PM in 2007. It's not illegal to be a hypocrite. It doesn't make Johnson any less of a hypocrite.
    Yes, I know. I've read it repeatedly over the last few days as suddenly many people need to point out that he's a power hungry hypocrite. Did the two drafts, one pro and one anti-EU not show that he's only interested in benefiting himself?

But yeah... politicians are self serving. Thanks for pointing that out...!

he has the mandate of te 2017 ge.

the arrogance!

i'm no fan of boris, but i am enormously encouraged by the appointment of cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i'm no fan of boris, but i am enormously encouraged by the appointment of cummings.
    You mean the bloke who held Parliament in contempt? He's an example of how Brexiteers see the art of the possible to be what they can get away with. Whereas previously, in the era of moderate politics, people had some thought of consensus.

Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast