Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Pokemon: FireRed

MAFIA

Game rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Role PMs:
    Do not quote your role PM, do not screenshot your role PM. You may paraphrase what the PM says. Don't talk about what time you got the role PM. Don't challenge people to prove their town status by describing the layout or formatting of the role PM. Basically, just play the game. Don't talk about the role PM, except that you may say what role and alignment you are, any powers you may have.

2. Outside communication:
    Do not talk about the game with spectators or other players. Info can leak out. Unless the game host has given you a specific communication channel to use, private communications are not allowed in this game.

3. Voting (Vote: and bold and red)
    To vote, you will need to make your vote as visible as possible, because I'm old and I can't see too well in my twilight years.

You must Vote: and Bold and red your vote or unvote. You do not need to unvote to vote for someone else. I will accept votes with broken tags if I see them. Although, rest assured, I am cruel, and if your crappy vote would have resulted in something bad happening for your team if I don't count it, I might deliberately not count it, because I am evil. So try to make sure your votes are visible, bold, and red. Hiding your vote in a spoiler is a good idea... if you like not having your vote count. Do not use bold and red together otherwise, unless you wish to ruin your active vote and render it invalid. Voting "abstain" is not allowed. Voting "no lynch" is not allowed. Play the game.

Examples here, in case you're suffering from confusion status:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Vote: Sasaki Kojiro
    to vote a new target, no need to unvote, simply
    Vote: Seamus Fermanagh
    to vote no one until you decide:
    Unvote

Got it? Bold and red. Fire red.

4. Activity
    Unless you have told me you will be absent (waves at GH), if you go an entire day phase without voting, you will get a strike. A second strike may result in a modkill or sub-out if I have subs available. You have 48 hour day phases. Surely you can post a vote. Have issues with your schedule? Let me know you will be absent in advance and I will mark you as excused or find a sub, if it is an extensive absence. Generally (and hankerchiefly) you don't want to be absent for more than a day phase at a time. Let's limit our absences.

5. Phase lengths (48 hour days, 24 hour nights)
    I know some people like longer or shorter phases, but this is the compromise we all have to live with. It also meets my schedule better. Phases end midnight Norwegian time, which works out to something like 6pm eastern time USA. The phases are also long enough that if the phase end deadline is inconvenient, you should still be able to post a vote that phase. Just like... get gud, or something.

6. The right to edit posts (gone in 60 seconds!)
    Do not edit your post to add content or remove content (at all) or alter a vote, even to fix a vote tag, if the post has been up for more than 1 minute. I will give you 60 seconds to fix your silly mistakes. Otherwise, you must make a new post. Don't accidentally the entire game by posting something meant for your mafia chat in a post, or accidentally link a quicktopic link. Quicktopic adds info to your links that you post in a quicktopic, so any links copied from there into the game thread get redirected through your qt page, and you can even find the quicktopic from the link. Right, Autolycus?
    TL;DR: You can fix a grammar or a spelling or a tag or a link, but avoid making big edits. 60 second time limit. You edit after that, and I can see that you've done that. Depending on the edit, it may be an immediate modkill. Don't make me destroy you.

7. Tied votes (coin of doom)
    If the tie is 3 or more people, it is sudden death, next vote change to put someone in clear first will lynch that person immediately, and if the vote change puts 2 people tied for first, I will spin a coin. If the tie is 2 people, there is no sudden death, I will spin a coin. A fat coin. Heads kills the first person in alphabetical order, tails kills the other poor sap. If the coin comes to a rest still on its edge and stays up, I will decide what happens next with extreme cruelty and glee. Maybe both will die. Maybe both will live. Whichever option creates the most chaos chaos chaos. Mayb...maybe want to avoid ties? I 'unno... it's up to you!

Coin of doom, spin spin spin. How much chaos will you bring?

8. Flavor gaming
    Townies will not know which pokemon they are, or what type, or whatever. They will simply know what, if anything, their role does. They will all be referred to was Townies. If they are Townies with powers, their role is officially "Townie with _____ power". It is possible I will forget this format entirely and refer to folks as Vanilla. It doesn't indicate that someone is faking their role claim. It just means the game host is old and decrepit at the end stage of pre-mortem decomposition and is mostly decayed bones and skin at this point, his mind loooong gone. That said, if you were able to figure out through deduction who or what you are, it's possible it may help you? Doubt it though.

9. Mafia's info
    The mafia will know who they are and have powers they can safely claim. Try to brute force my game, and prepare for disappointment. They'll always have more info than you.

10. Gotta catch 'em all!
    Town wins when all threats to town have been eliminated. Mafia wins when they reach parity with town.
    Player list:

Logic
    Montmorency
    BSmith
    GeneralHankerchief
    El Barto
    Champ
    Jabbz
    Manasi
    SeveringViper
    Novice
    Csargo
    Autolycus
    choxorn Zack
    Cuthillius
    Seireikhaan
    Raith Kemmler
    Sooh
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-26-2017 at 23:02.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger