Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    My suspicion on novice isn't that he made the post, it's that he made the post when, IIRC, he doesn't really have a known baseline of doing so. Not strange in general but it's strange for him. IIRC in Zack's game for example you just started going with thread flow right away.

~~~

As for my "Sooh/Viper not aligned comment" I mean precisely that; I don't think they're scumming together. Not definitively locking in an exact combination of both their roles, just ruling one of them out. Gun to my head if one of them's scum it's more likely to be Viper than Sooh atm but I have them as both town so far.
    First: Would you say your suspicion on Novice is a strong one?

Second: Fair enough.

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Pre-game]

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Csargo used taunt! It's a critical hit!
    seireikhaan's anger point activated!

Back in my day we didn't have fancy schmancy things like "role reveals" or "information". We voted for people because they ate spicy meatballs and liked it! Nowadays everyone wants to push and shove and pull and prostrate. All you need to solve mafia is your gut and your heart and the Truth!

Vote: Novice for being on my lawn.
    @seireikhaan
    You object to my playstyle, is that it?
    How am I on your lawn? Are you sharing a lawn with someone?

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Well, you said "seems pointless" about the entire request.
    I kind of wanted to hear Raith's riposte to this before moving my vote, but I don't think he can convince me to keep voting him anyway. I quite liked the rest of his post 117.

GH is the only active player that's pinged me the wrong way, so he gets my vote for now, even if it is a bit OMGUS.

Vote: GeneralHandkerchief

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Hi Logic! Pity I don't know you well enough to insert a joke here about high school, poke and debut.

Are you a deductive kind of player then?
    I'd like to think so.
    Because, GH, I haven't pushed that thing at all. I asked politely, once, in the opening post. The only post where I'm even close to pushing it is in post 45 in a direct response to Viper, and there I said that it was mainly a conversation starter. A multitude of players ignored my request without me complaining. I'm even voting for Raith Kemmler because he answered my request!

I've never played with these players before:
    Logic
    Champ
    Manasi
    SeveringViper
    Csargo (I don't think?)
    Autolycus
    Raith Kemmler

So I figured it was a reasonable conversation starter. Which also might draw a scummy vote like the one you just made.
    I've only played one game on this forum before, and I recognize a handful of the players from that game in this one. Unless you've played on the Playground in the last 3 years, no one has played a game with me before.
    Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Csargo used taunt! It's a critical hit!
    seireikhaan's anger point activated!

Back in my day we didn't have fancy schmancy things like "role reveals" or "information". We voted for people because they ate spicy meatballs and liked it! Nowadays everyone wants to push and shove and pull and prostrate. All you need to solve mafia is your gut and your heart and the Truth!

Vote: Novice for being on my lawn.
    seirekhaan feels like he might be teamed with Csargo here. It's not much, but that is what I get out of this. Of course, this could be completely wrong, depending on their level of familiarity with each other. The Novice vote seems a bit forced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    Yeah moving sucks, but I bought a house, my first, so it is well worth it!
    Congratz! I just did the same almost 2 years ago. Still not completely unpacked. Several boxes of D&D books and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Me, I'm a lurker, especially in the early game, but come out with analysis in the late game that gets stronger over time. Basically, I'm a geodude spamming rollout.

vote:Montmorency
    This seems odd. I can't pinpoint why this seems odd, but I don't get this.
    Aliases Yakostovian

hey manasi

hey champ

do either of you have any new and exciting takes?

wrt the novice discussion, i have a hard time seeing it as directly wolfy that he, theoretically, rands scum and consciously decides to ask people about what their meta is like

like simplest solution there is that he wasn't talking to the org people, but to the rest of the new people, and thus the reason he didn't do it the first time is because he didn't know anyone and didn't feel as comfortable in the environment

i wouldn't say it's particularly towny, but i really don't think it's ai

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    Last 9ish hours have been slow though. Manasi in with no thoughts on anyone, which is kind of surprising to me.
    Monty, Choxorn, Csargo and Autolycus about where I would expect them to be at this time in the game. A few joke/poke votes and a lean or two on players. GH's fairly long first post had some odd conclusions that I hope he can get back to.

I currently feel quite good about Novice and Severing Viper. Both are slight town leans. El Barto too, but I suspect I feel that way just because I enjoy playing with him. No solid reasons yet.
    i'm not particularly used to manasi dropping a ton of reads when she comes into thread, have you played with her in long games when she's done this?

talk to me about chox, please

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I've only played one game on this forum before, and I recognize a handful of the players from that game in this one. Unless you've played on the Playground in the last 3 years, no one has played a game with me before.
    I must be misreading this. Have you played with a handful of us already, or haven't you?

seirekhaan feels like he might be teamed with Csargo here. It's not much, but that is what I get out of this. Of course, this could be completely wrong, depending on their level of familiarity with each other. The Novice vote seems a bit forced.
    Yeah, I also thought the vote seemed a bit forced and possibly part of a greater scheme, hence my lawn question.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    My suspicion on novice isn't that he made the post, it's that he made the post when, IIRC, he doesn't really have a known baseline of doing so. Not strange in general but it's strange for him. IIRC in Zack's game for example you just started going with thread flow right away.
    do you think it was a subconscious decision or do you really think he came into thread as scum and thought "hm let's shake things up"

I must be misreading this. Have you played with a handful of us already, or haven't you?
    Just once. I think.

About GH. Tell me.

I have no takes.

I just double dosed Claritin and Dayquil so I'll be a somewhat coherent human soon.

I wanna call GH town bc he might ban me if I don't.

Surprised at how normal Champ's reaction to the game speed was.

Expected something more all over the place with him.

also i just realized starting tomorrow i'll be in 3 games hahah kill me hahahah

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    ****ing perfect.

ALSO HI FRIENDS I'M HERE
    Edited quote for profanity. Not sure if this is friendly profanity, but it doesn't feel like it to me. Maybe this feels this way because I am an outsider/interloper to this community, but I gotta say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Watch yo profamity
    ...I really agree with Champ.
    welp ded thread

anyway, all i did was ctrl f my name.

You guys need to talk about me more that was boring.
    2 minutes pass, and you proclaim the thread dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    Novice looks okay, slight town lean on him right now.

Okay, I'll talk about you.

Unvote, Vote: Manasi
    Ay go pick on someone your own size.

Voting on != talking about.

PLZ.
    I've only seen Manasi play once, and I was convinced of her wolfiness right up to her role reveal... as a townie. She was super defensive on votes placed against her there too, so maybe this is more of the same. I just think I'm not a fan of the s***post mafia style she employs. Maybe it's the Kanye avatar that's pinging my radar instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    eh, I missed the 24 hour mark
    Thoughts if/where I have them.

Actually contributing:
    Raith Kemmler - Good posts, providing both responses to questions and unprompted thoughts
    El Barto - fair mix of fluff and content, decent comments
    Novice - +Good attempts to spark discussion and respond to the results -somewhat weird posts/interactions in regard to Sooh?
    choxorn

Sooh - Talkative and friendly, fair amount of fluff giving her second highest post count. Quick to assume an unknown player is new(ish?) to the game? Mostly has responded to content directed at or that mentions her so far. reads post is okay.

GeneralHankerchief - "My first thought was that novice looks a little scummy for pushing everyone to talk about themselves, especially since he's not new here and didn't do this back when he was, my second was that Sooh and Viper probably aren't aligned. votes novice" ???

Not really contributing yet:
    Jabbz - busy with moving
    Cuthillius - weak disengaged handful of thoughts
    Seireikhaan
    Logic
    Champ
    Csargo - top poster of fluff and fireworks
    Manasi - what
    Montmorency
    Autolycus - Posting about probably not having much to post for a while, nice.

No data:
    BSmith

Vote: GeneralHandkerchief
    I usually don't post more than a handful of times on day one, and rarely at all on Saturday/Sunday local. It definitely doesn't help me that this community moves far faster than I am used to.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    i'm not particularly used to manasi dropping a ton of reads when she comes into thread, have you played with her in long games when she's done this?

Idk what she does or doesn't do usually. I was just expecting more than "Talk about me guiz", especially since I feel like there was stuff she could have commented on.

Choxorn's posts so far:
    Does Vote: Novice count as two words?
    Reads as joke vote.

Reads as joke vote/light pressure.

What do you mean, voting you doesn't count as talking about you? I said something, and you responded. Seems like a conversation to me.
    Seems like he's going for some sort of reaction from Manasi, trying to get her to talk more, or at least that's how I read it.

Not too much to talk about yet. Not on my scumdar yet at least.

What are your thoughts on him?

ya lol idk about sooh's read on me

i've neevr given reads on day 1 almost never hahah

Yeah, I also thought the vote seemed a bit forced and possibly part of a greater scheme, hence my lawn question.
    I played precisely one game on the Org (French Revolution hosted by GeneralHandkerchief, where I somehow convinced a large portion of the playerbase that I was scum, when in fact, I was not.) Some players I recognize from that game in this one. The second sentence was an incomplete thought; there was supposed to be an additional clause in there, and I didn't notice it until you pointed it out to me. So, besides the one game here on the Org, all my mafia/werewolf experience is from the Playground.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Does Vote: Novice count as two words?

What do you mean, voting you doesn't count as talking about you? I said something, and you responded. Seems like a conversation to me.

No reads, huh?

What about thoughts then?

I have no takes.

I just double dosed Claritin and Dayquil so I'll be a somewhat coherent human soon.

I wanna call GH town bc he might ban me if I don't.

Surprised at how normal Champ's reaction to the game speed was.

Expected something more all over the place with him.

also i just realized starting tomorrow i'll be in 3 games hahah kill me hahahah
    fair enough

and yeah i snap in'd this when i got the invite and then realized mtg starts tomorrow

so rip

Last 9ish hours have been slow though. Manasi in with no thoughts on anyone, which is kind of surprising to me.
    Monty, Choxorn, Csargo and Autolycus about where I would expect them to be at this time in the game. A few joke/poke votes and a lean or two on players. GH's fairly long first post had some odd conclusions that I hope he can get back to.

I currently feel quite good about Novice and Severing Viper. Both are slight town leans. El Barto too, but I suspect I feel that way just because I enjoy playing with him. No solid reasons yet.
    sooh mostly from this

you said "where i expect them to be" including chox

and i thought chox's play had sort of stood out already from what i would have expected, and curious to hear what you thought about that in particular

sooh mostly from this

and i thought chox's play had sort of stood out already from what i would have expected, and curious to hear what you thought about that in particular
    Meaning they have only placed a joke vote or two and a lean, not that they stand out in any way what so ever, no.

Meaning they have only placed a joke vote or two and a lean, not that they stand out in any way what so ever, no.
    the interaction with manasi struck me as _slightly_ unusual for chox, but noted

thanks for the reply

I usually don't post more than a handful of times on day one, and rarely at all on Saturday/Sunday local. It definitely doesn't help me that this community moves far faster than I am used to.
    I said nothing about your post rate or activity level, nor have you, I was commenting on how autolycus did. You seem jumpy in that area.

I played precisely one game on the Org (French Revolution hosted by GeneralHandkerchief, where I somehow convinced a large portion of the playerbase that I was scum, when in fact, I was not.) Some players I recognize from that game in this one. The second sentence was an incomplete thought; there was supposed to be an additional clause in there, and I didn't notice it until you pointed it out to me. So, besides the one game here on the Org, all my mafia/werewolf experience is from the Playground.
    That doesn't answer his question. You said:
    1. You've played with a few of the players here before.
    2. Unless someone has played on the Playground over the past three years, they haven't played with you.
    So have those few players also visited the Playground, or did you just contradict yourself?

Question, does coming in once the game is already underway and people have begun posting seriously to ramble a bit about how nobody's talking about you and leave = not giving reads d1?

Million Dollar Baby Member Champ's Avatar

How is the MU day 1 culture?
    Shitposts

How do you ISO on here

sooh mostly from this

So in your experience, that's not how he reacts to that level of fluff/type of play?

Novice and Viper's nitpicking about whether or not Logic has played with anyone here before is a very odd thing to choose to be nitpicky about.

How do you ISO on here
    ctrl+f

ctrl+f
    Hello darkness my old friend

How do you ISO on here
    you can also go to main subforum thing and click on replies for the post count thing and get at it through there

won't show whole posts but it works

Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    So in your experience, that's not how he reacts to that level of fluff/type of play?
    it seems to be an odd thing to take issue with that strongly, relatively speaking

but i will admit i haven't played with him in a while

Novice and Viper's nitpicking about whether or not Logic has played with anyone here before is a very odd thing to choose to be nitpicky about.
    Someone appearing to contradict themselves and say two opposing things at once is always noteworthy, I think, especially when they continue to dodge explaining that contradiction.

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast